“Still very good food. Worth the price.”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 10 West
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I ate dinner here with a friend on our last night in town for business. Yes, Ruth Chris can be a bit expensive with the al a carte menu, but there is also a price fixe which we ordered which was well worth it. I ordered the seared scallops that came with a salad, bread, vegetable and desert. They give you a list of four or five things to choose from and for the scallops, the full meal was $39. My friend had the Chilean sea bass under the same price fixe. His was $46. Both meals were well worth it and both had more than enough food to take home half a meal. The Chilean Sea Bass was big enough to look like a piece of New York Cheese Cake. Very well cooked by the chef. Many times fish will be overcooked, but this came out perfectly where it was still soft and warm inside. Service was very attentive and the food came out quickly but not at a rushed pace. I would definitely eat here again.

I would recommend reservations as this restaurant is attached to the Hilton Hotel and alongside the Hampton Inn and fills up very quickly. If you do not have reservations, I could see you getting shut out of dinner until late. For those not interested in waiting for a table or dining alone, you can order the full menu in the bar and you get the benefit of happy hour drink specials there, as well.

My one complaint is that they pack you in next to each other at this place, even if not full. We were there to discuss business and wanted a little privacy. The waitress stacked us on top of four other tables until we insisted we needed a different table so we wouldn't bother anyone.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went to Ruth Chris for an occasion. Place was quite busy by the time we left. Enjoyed their pre-established combinations for appetizer, main, sides and dessert. Between us we had caesar salad, filet and filet & shrimp combo, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts with bacon (figuring what's not to like when it's with bacon!) and the chocolate flourless cake (YUM). Server was very good. Service was good. We did not realize we had a profile with the restaurant when they told us they were seating us in our desired location. Hence we updated the profile a bit but it was largely fine relative to seating preference. Quite consistent. Enjoyable evening.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my first time at this chain. I had dinner with a client and overall it was a lovely evening; the server was great, the ambience relaxing but formal and the price was pretty reasonable; We had the $50 3-course menu which was ample. The thing that let it down was that the food was ok but not perfect - steak was quite fatty although v tasty, the NY cheesecake was definitely more NJ than NC. I would go again but maybe be more choosy about the food.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Barbeque shrimp sounds like something that was barbequed, but in reality, it was shrimp drowning in butter - YUCK. My dinner partner had a $50 steak that was very fatty.

1  Thank Cam027
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our last visit to Ruth Chris was a big let down. The steaks were not what we had come to love in the past. However, our latest visit was a truly special treat. We participated in the 5 course dinner with cocktails and were delighted that the chain again lives up to the fine fare we have come to love. We were treated to 5 course meal that included a drink specifically made to accompany the food of the course. Let me tell you, they did not disappoint. From Ahi tuna to crab cakes and filet mignon to a coconut pineapple bread pudding, the food was great. This is a venture the restaurant is trying out on a monthly basis, each month having a different theme. So get on their email list give it a try.