“The Steak Is Great!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 128 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 10 West
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the Ruth's Chris Steak House in Parsippany on the 31st of August and I couldn't get near the place. It seems that there is a Car Show there every Labor Day weekend and you can't get in unless you have reservations. The entrance is heavily guarded and you have to stop before you can get close enough to see the restaurant. We were there a little early and were treated a rather gruffly and told that we had to u-turn and leave and come back while a representative of Ruth's Chris would check our reservations with a clip board and THEN then would let in the people with reservations. The whole complex there was swarming with old hot rods and people and we had to be very careful as we turned around and left and then when we came back at our appointed time. They did let us in and then we had a very long wait until we got our table and had our order taken and finally got our food. The place was packed and I can understand the slow service, the wait staff was very nice and obviously doing the best they could. They were very attentive and the food was spectacular. I will go again but next time I think I will plan on going to the car show (Lead East) first. It looked like it was a gas.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ruth's Chris is always a joy to go to and the food is worth every penny. For steak the prices may be shocking to some but you get what you pay for. The only thing I wish is that the entree included sides. The cheesecake is so delicious especially with the raspberry sauce. This time I asked for a little more as they usually drizzle it on the plate and the waiter brought out a big saucer full - which was amazing. You just have to make sure you save room for desert. I highly recommend the shrimp cocktail appetizer and they have a vegetarian plate for us vegetarians which includes three sides - which are huge portions you can share with probably 3 other people. We have George as our waiter this last time and he was so great - gave great suggestions and was very attentive despite having a bunch of other tables in the grill. I can't say one bad thing about this place - we will continue to go here for years to come!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is only the second time I've gone to a Ruth Chris restaurant. I'm amazed at the consistency of service and food! The only thing, this time, and it's a minute thing, is that the waiter tried to "upsell" me. I was there for a bday dinner for my nephew and wasn't too hungry after a late lunch. I ordered the 12oz ribeye very rare and the waiter tried to convince me that getting the larger, more expensive cut would satisfy the rareness I requested better. He proceeded to tell me that because of how they sear the meat it may not be as rare as i wanted. I just said, don't sear it as long and it'll be ok. Oh, and the waiter upsold us on another side dish which in the end, didn't touch, but paid for. Good thing for leftover boxes.

Food arrived hot and delicious! The meat was made to perfection with a little pad of butter on top of our steaks!

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family and I have been at Ruth's Chris quite a few times within the last few years, each time the food was very good however it did take some time to arrive at our table. The restaurant is usually very busy, especially on the weekend, so if going with a large group as we usually do, you will have to be patient for your food to arrive. Last time we attended it was for a special occasion and was a memorable evening. We are usually greeted by friendly staff at the door and seated immediately - you will want to make reservations by calling or via their website at www.ruthschris.com...The wait staff is pretty good I have to say, sometimes a bit slow, but we try our best as they are very busy serving large parties etc...We always order the potatoes which are so good, salad, broccoli and all of us usually order the steak which melts in your mouth. Chocolate cake and Cheesecake are very tastey, The menu at Ruth’s Chris is very good however keep in mind that everything is “a-la-carte” meaning if you order a steak, you get just that a steak. Everything else is to be ordered separately, but I believe they have a deal where you can purchase an entire meal with dessert, so you may want to try that out as it could become quite expensive. Enjoy the meal and dessert, you will not be sorry.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very good, food was good as was the service and decor. I do recommend making reservations as they tend to get busy- we had to wait an hour