“Great alternative to the fas options in the area!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
NJ
“Great alternative to the fas options in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is connected to and owned by a fudruckers but its a cross between Boston Market and Macaroni Grill. The food is delicious and varied. Chicken seems to be the main but not only draw. Pasta (which was well received by my husband), gourmet pizza, rotisserie chicken with unusual healthful sides (like grilled artichoke) and sandwiches. There is a full bar too.

2 Thank PrincessFang

Garden State
“The Scoop on the Coop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had been awaiting the grand opening of Sonoma Chicken Coop in Parsippany for quite some time, and so far it has been worth the wait. Sonoma is a small chain that existed only in California until this past September, thus making it the only location on the East Coast. It is actually attached to Fuddrucker’s which downsized and completely remodeled. I have been to Sonoma twice and on both occasions I thoroughly enjoyed the Chicken Caesar Salad. I can honestly say that it is one of the best chicken Caesar salads that I have ever had and that if I was really craving one that I couldn’t think of a better place to have it. Fuddrucker’s used to make a really good one several years ago but it has since become measly and pitiful…there is absolutely no comparison between the two. Sonoma’s salad is so large that I struggled to finish it each time, but happily try…it is just so good that I cannot quit it! I only wish that the bowl it was served in was larger since it is filled to the brim. I like how the chicken is cut up in to small pieces, unlike some places that just throw a few long strips over the top. The salad comes with a slice of “warm focaccia bread” which sounds very exciting but in contrast was really lame. The focaccia is lacking on many levels and tasted like a flavorless slice of old pizza. It needs much improvement. My husband had the Prime Rib Sandwich on both visits but it was a bit dried out the second time. He enjoys the sandwich but we both agreed that you cannot taste the “green peppercorn sauce” that they claim to put on it. That part was disappointing because it sounds really delicious. Surprisingly, I loved my husband’s seasoned French fries so much the first time that I ordered them as my appetizer the second time! They were so fresh and yummy, and deliciously seasoned. I asked if the seasoning was parsley and was told that it was…if this is true, parsley never tasted so good! So much better than that fake seasoning that some other chains sprinkle on. The servers at Sonoma are very amicable, which I definitely recognize and do appreciate since good servers sure are a rarity. The bar there has surprisingly late hours, staying open til’ either midnight or 1AM, depending on the day. There are a few minor things that I would change at Sonoma and I will tell you what they are: 1) PLEASE get rid of those stemless wine glasses…it really does ruin the whole wine drinking vibe! One thing I have learned from eating out is that no one should mess with the proper presentation of an alcoholic beverage. 2) I wish the menu was larger, although for some reason the one that is currently posted on their website is not even their full menu. Maybe they are a little behind on things since their grand opening. In my opinion there aren’t enough appetizer choices to meet everyone’s fancy, and everybody loves apps! I also do not recall if they have a list of Weekly Specials like each of the California locations do, but there isn’t one present on their site. Maybe they still need time to get to that., and last but not least, 3) I know that all restaurants try to clean up while there are still customers present but it just looked tacky to us that during both times an employee was pushing around a janitor’s mop bucket…I felt like I was in my old high school gym again! However I do love the floor inside which actually resembles that of a gymnasium! These three areas can easily be remedied and if addressed would be a nice improvement. So far I am pretty happy with New Jersey’s new addition of Sonoma Chicken Coop…and I am glad that it isn’t “for the birds”!

• Visited October 2012