“Wonderful Hotel!!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Ontario
“Wonderful Hotel!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

WOW! We received a great deal for this property through Priceline and was blown away.

When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly front desk clerk who offered us some fresh brownies and checked us in very promptly. The front desk clerk also alerted us to a nice light dinner being served with complimentary beer/wine/soda and appetizers. It was wonderful!

We were in a suite with two comfy double beds. The suite came with a complete kitchen (stove, dishwasher, fridge, microwave, utensils/plates and the works!). They even gave us free popcorn for the microwave. There was a nice couch/chair in the living room. Both the living/bed room came with TVs and cable boxes (the nice ones with the guides). There was also a DVD player in the living area.

The next morning we were treated to a hot breakfast, which was pretty good!

Although we didn't use it, we saw a nice buisness centre with computers/printers. There was free wifi in the rooms which was great.

The location of the hotel is great. About 40 minutes out of NYC. The immediate location offers close access to the highway. The hotel is in a 'industrial park' across from Time Warner if i recall correctly. We needed to do some shopping and there were two big malls within about a 10-15 minute drive.

The only real downside of the hotel was the bathroom. The sink was located outside of a room with a toilet/tub. I understand that this may be appealing to some because it allows someone to be getting ready at the mirror while someone else is showering, however, my personal preference would be to have it all together. Not a big deal though...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank netgeek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 12, 2012

so this was our second visit to this location and last first the stove top didnt work so they wanted to move us but we were traveling with 4 kids one under 1 and 3 adults all unpacked we didnt want to do it again so tired from travel so we cooked down the hall in a vacant room then the garbage disposal didnt work the front desk said they didnt have anyone working so we went the rest of our stay with a stinky clogged up kitchen sink i wrote an email to the company and months later i recieved a apology letter no phone call no coupon..... so never staying there again bad service....... they dont care........ meanies

Room Tip: check everything in your room before u unpack :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Let's see, booked room online at Staybridge Suites well in advance. Arrived at hotel and I asked if the room was what i had booked they assured me it was. Well i get to the room and it wasn't, did they not think I would notice? After a discussion I was told nothing else is available and booking online only gets a room and can't guarantee type. Really? My son would have to sleep on a pullout. Anyway go back to room and it was pretty dingy. I use the tvs to decide when a hotel was last updated, well welcome to the 90's complete with CRT tv's. Then I discover only one tv works out of three in the room the rest don't.Great, go back to the front desk and they blame the cable company,nothing they can do. Apparently the cable company is doing an upgrade, didn't I read the memo in the room? So I look at the memo and note it was dated some time ago. Here's a thought, call the cable company they will fix it, don't BS me like I am a dummy. Next, I get up in the morning, the showerhead sprays everywhere but at me. What does a showerhead cost? I know, I know, not much. Oh and the water, lukewarm at best. So then I go down for breakfast. Now it starts at 6:30 and it was 6:15, so I figured I would get a coffee. Upon arrival I notice people eating, so i figure I would get something. I get yelled at. This while people around me continued going up and getting food, just none for me. Here's a tip on how to cook powdered eggs, don't just put in a pan and overcook. They come out looking like plastic and have the same consistency. Try stirring them when in the oven. So any how I check out around 9 am they ask me how my stay was, well I described the above. The tattooed woman behind the desk tells me the manager is not in (what a surprise) but she will have him call me. I am still waiting, when the phone dont ring I will know it's him. Stay at the Hyatt Summerfield. Oh, one last thing, they don't clean the rooms until you leave.

Room Tip: stay at Hyatt Summerfield.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank irishdeal
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear irishdeal,

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for your tips on cooking eggs, we will pass this to the correct department. Also we are and extended stay hotel. We do not offer daily housekeeping and don't advertise to. We clean your room weekly. If you are staying less than a week, we will clean it after you check out.

I truly am sorry for the problems you encountered while staying with us.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Check-in is @3:00.....arrived @3:23 and had to wait 50 minutes.....Almost late for event we were attending ...then in morning a women (housekeeping.?) open the door @ 8:30am without knocking...must have saw me and quickly shut the door..never said anything and didn't come back later to clean....staff not friendly and did not acknowledge comings and goings. Will not stay again and not recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Murphy286
Lewisville
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great hotel for the value and close to Morris Plains, Morristown. Rooms clean and GREAT breakfast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed for a quick overnight....wish there had been more time. Everything about this place was great. The room was spacious, comfortable, quiet, and well equipped. The staff was also great and very professional, even when I gave them a hard time about something I shouldn't have, as it was my mistake.

You can't go wrong staying at this Staybridge!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The price I got for this place is amazing. Free parking for your car, and free Wi-Fi. The place is equipped with a fridge, small stove, dish washer, TV, Iron and a coffee maker. Its 30mins far from NY in case no traffic. Also There is a bus stop close to the hotel that takes you NY, but it takes 45mins, and it seems long for me, but someone might like the idea. The staff and the reception are professional when it comes to dealing with guests. I still cant believe how good is the price for this place. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who wants to visit New York. And I will absolutely stay in this place again if the service they provide doesn't change.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple