“Exceptional” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Little old England
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

I am from the UK and have stayed here twice now having found it by accident while on business in the area. Its only half hour drive from Newark airport. The rooms are quite and well equiped including a kitchen area.
I have stayed in many hotels and this is one of the best rooms, the beds are very comfortable, pillows excellent and the whole place is very very clean. Most of the contents of the room seemed fairly new and everything was in good condition. There is also a DVD player and a facility to rent DVD's in a machine in the lobby. The staff are very helpful and friendly and helped when I had a flat tire. My wife stayed this time and also really enjoyed it.
They have free food and drink in the evenings on weekdays and its virtually a meal together with beer and wine flowing freely.
The room also has a large desk with free internet access and although you have a coffee maker in your room they also have cannisters of it down in the lobby area.
They have a few hotels in the US and next time I go to California and Florida I will try their other sites as this is good value especially at weekends.
You will definately enjoy staying at this hotel.

• Liked — Good quality furnished and very clean
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2006

I read other reviews about this hotel which made me book it. Usually we stay at the Sheraton of Parsippany, but the service has been lacking.

We arrived to great staff at the front desk that let us check in early. The studio room was perfect, full kitchen with fridge, pots, pans and utensils. Everything you could need for cooking. Not to mention the free hi-speed internet access!!

The bathroom is nice and has a vanity with sink outside so you can get ready and not interfeer with others.

Would highly reccomend this hotel, especially for business travelers and families!

• Liked — Everything was great! Great room, everything was spacious
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
dallas, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2006

I had a great stay here as I was on business and had a big presentation the next day. The front desk was extremely helpful and courteous as they checked me into a corner suite so it was very quiet - exactly what I needed as I had to focus on business. The room was a lot bigger and more spacious than I had imagined it to be and the bed was very comfortable. I will be defintely staying at this hotel the next time I'm here for business. I will recommend it to any of my colleagues.

• Liked — great room accommodations
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2006

I often stay here on business for weeks at a time. I've always found the staff very polite and helpful and the rooms excellent - big and comfortable with a useful kitchette. For four nights of the week they serve a free evening meal which is reasonable (but get there early!) and breakfast has a good choice.

My only problem is the noise that the fridge makes in the room. I usually resort to unplugging it at night which is probably not very good for the fridge but it's good for my peaceful night!

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank mark121
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2006

We were just thrilled with our room. It was quiet, beautiful and we truly felt at home (I've never said that about a hotel!). I could stay here for a month and be happy. It had two nice size, comfortable queen beds, two lovely long window seats that my kids enjoyed reading in, a living area near the beds with easy chair and sofa, coffee table and nice lighting with the lamps. The shower/toilet area was closed off, and the vanity/mirror area was separate from the shower area which is nice. There was a small kitchen and a desk area. The kitchen had everything you would need to prepare and consume a meal. Frig, micro, stove (2 burners), pots, pans, and dishes/cups, etc for 4.

I would rate the cleanliness 5 out of 5, quality 5 out of 5. We paid $98 for a weekend night. I didn't want to go home. Several nice restaurants nearby. The desk staff was very friendly, and tried to help us find nearby restaurants. We ended up having a nice meal at Outback... but they said City Grill was a very nice restaurant, as well as Eccola (italian I guess).

Again, nicest place I have stayed at....ever. It was beautiful outside as well, away from the highway (quiet). They had DVD rentals downstairs and a small snack area. We had a lovely time here and would definitely return if in the area.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank smithquiz
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

This hotel chain is a tremendous deal. We had a very well designed room that was perfect for my work. They have complimentary wine and beer in the evening with appetizers and a free hot breakfast, not continental but with eggs and meat. The price is a steal and the people are really nice. They made some mistakes but were so apologetic and accomodating I hate to even mention it here.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank 429neals
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2006

I've stayed at the Sierra Suites a number of times through the last few months while selling my home and going through the process of relocating, and I've always enjoyed my stays there.

Most recently, I was told that they are now enforcing their policy of no credit card, no stay. In the past, when I've used a debit card, I had a billing issue that I had to ask a few times to have resolved, so I asked if a cash deposit was acceptable. It was not. Prepaid stay in cash, in full, with a cash deposit also was not acceptable. For this reason, I won't be returning. The hotel mentioned they have had problems with parties and damage to their rooms, but I don't see how that applies to those willing to prepay stays, (particularly extended stays), and offer a cash deposit. Local chains like Marriott Residence Inn and Hilton Garden Inn don't have a similar policy.
Considering that I have stayed at this hotel for weeks at a time, I was surprised at this, and disappointed.

Otherwise, a good hotel. Very clean, nice kitchenette in room, quiet, reliable and free net access. The location is away from town, but there is a shuttle service, (I would still recommend a rental car - Enterprise is nearby.) Free breakfast and evening social hour. Most of the staff is very nice and willing to help with anything you ask. Laundry facilities on premises, pool (outdoor, though), and DVD rental machine. I'd go back if this was not their policy.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!