“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Tokyo, Japan
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed at the Sierra many times from 2006 and I enjoyed every time. The rooms are fantastic and I had some amazing sleep on the beds. The food is usually quite tasty. Although it seems to have changed ownership recently, the service is still consistently good.

The location is not the best since most restaurants are at least 10 minutes away but it's good enough. It's definitely a very quiet area. Lakeland bus are easily accessible for a ride to NYC. I'll come here again next time I'm in Parsippany.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted you chose to stay at Hotel Sierra and have several times in the past when visiting the Parsippany area. The hotel has not changed management but, the name was updated to Hotel Sierra within the last couple of years. Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to you staying with us again.
In hospitality, Jeanne Foster, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Germany
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Stayed for two weeks. Good hotel, great rooms. Nice lobby, good breakfast. Friendly personell, manager is great.
WiFi, Gym, Laundry, all you need.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay. We are delighted you enjoyed Hotel Sierra and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Parsippany.
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This hotel was a great! I traveled to NJ for a wedding and this is the Hotel the bride and groom chose and it was really nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, January 17, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay. We're glad the bride and groom for the wedding you attended chose our hotel for their guests. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Atlanta
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We travel to NJ frequently from Atlanta since I am originally from the area. We normally stay at the Sheraton right next door but decided to give Hotel Sierra a try since I LOVE the whole 'suites' concept.

The front desk reception is wonderful (Kristen was very accomodating) and our first impression was A plus!

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The kitchen is stocked with anything you may need as far as cooking utensils and the sort.

We were traveling with our very young children and they even supplied us with a crib for the baby! Oh! AND they have laundry services on site which was such a bonus indeed! just do it yourself wash and dry...it was so wonderful to have access to that.

Breakfast was great, has everything you could want. There is even a little 'convenience store' area that carries lots of things...food, liquor, toiletries, etc...open 24 hours!! AND free wi-fi also! can't forget that!!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone! Extra special thanks to Boris, the hotel attendant that helped us out with any extra requests we had..

Hotel Sierra is the hotel for us from now on!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Sierra. I'm happy to hear the hotel, amenities, services and staff exceeded your expectations. I'm glad you gave us a try and look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the Atlanta area. In hospitality, Jeanne Foster, General Manager
North Carolina
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed nine nights in Hotel Sierra. The only complaint I have is the breakfast didn't have a waffle maker. Despite this, the food selection was still very good. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, French Toast or Pancakes, Pastries, Bagels, Cereal, Toast. We were also surprised to see the evening drink and appetizers during the week (Monday - Thursday nights) could really be dinner (salad, raviolli, taco's, soup, etc.).

The cleanliness overall was very good. We didn't have any issues in that department and the service was always on top of everything that we asked for. They say if you need something just ask and everything we asked for they provided.

I was concerned about the speed of the internet from a previous post, but that turned out to be a non-issue, except for some times early in the evening when it slowed down.

The fitness center was nice. They had more free weights than expected as well as some cardio equipment (1 treadmill, 1 elyptical and 1 bike). They also have cooled towels that you can use at the conclusion of your workout.

If I had one complaint it would be on a sustainability front. They offered stryofoam plates and plastic utensils at each of the meals (dinner and breakfast). They didn't offer a way to recycle anything in our room and who knows if the plastic bottles we put next to the garbage were actually recycled. They also washed our towels everyday, even if we left them hanging on the hooks to reuse the next day. Improvements can definitely be made in this area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
I'm happy to hear you and your wife had a great stay at Hotel Sierra. It is wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy our made-to-order breakfast and amenities. We thank you for bringing to our attention we could improve in our recycling efforts. We value the opinions of our guest and are always look for ways to improve your stay! Thank you for your comments and for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again soon during your next stay in Parsippany!
In hospitality,
Maidstone, Kent, England
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The rooms were spacious, although the kitchen had obviously seen some action, there was the odd burn on the worktop etc.

Staff were excellent on the whole, calling my cell for deliveries when I was out and so on, taking deliveries for me when I wasn't available. Excellent.

Breakfast was adequate, varied, but uninspiring.

Overall an excellent hotel for what I paid and I had no complaints at all.

Well located (if you've a car) and the italian place next door (Annabella's?) was very good value for a much needed dinner on arrival.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to know you had a good experience and stay at Hotel Sierra. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
In hospitality,
NJ
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The rooms were nice! Breakfast was great... Service: Horrible! I booked this hotel for my guests who were out of town for my wedding. From the beginning it was a disaster. They gave my grandfather a key to a room where people were already staying. THey tried to give my room to someone else, and I had my rings, wedding certificates, and other important documents! It was very stressful for me on my wedding day. Also they did not hand out my gift bags to the guests. After when we thought tthe hotel drama was over. They charged my husband for his dad's room, charged his dad for other guests. It was a mess! Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hotel Sierra Parsippany. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and appreciate your feedback. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.
Jeanne Foster, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
Hilton Parsippany
#7 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!