“Perfectly adequate hotel, spacious rooms, good value, helpful staff”

HYATT house Parsippany-East
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Maidstone, Kent, England
“Perfectly adequate hotel, spacious rooms, good value, helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

The rooms were spacious, although the kitchen had obviously seen some action, there was the odd burn on the worktop etc.

Staff were excellent on the whole, calling my cell for deliveries when I was out and so on, taking deliveries for me when I wasn't available. Excellent.

Breakfast was adequate, varied, but uninspiring.

Overall an excellent hotel for what I paid and I had no complaints at all.

Well located (if you've a car) and the italian place next door (Annabella's?) was very good value for a much needed dinner on arrival.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to know you had a good experience and stay at Hotel Sierra. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
In hospitality,
Jeanne Foster, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

The rooms were nice! Breakfast was great... Service: Horrible! I booked this hotel for my guests who were out of town for my wedding. From the beginning it was a disaster. They gave my grandfather a key to a room where people were already staying. THey tried to give my room to someone else, and I had my rings, wedding certificates, and other important documents! It was very stressful for me on my wedding day. Also they did not hand out my gift bags to the guests. After when we thought tthe hotel drama was over. They charged my husband for his dad's room, charged his dad for other guests. It was a mess! Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, September 22, 2009
Dear Valued Guest,
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hotel Sierra Parsippany. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and appreciate your feedback. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service.
Chatham, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

While they have the look and amenities of a Holiday Inn Express (I imagine that's what the hotel's business plan is looking for) and appeal to travelers like myself by offering 'flat screen TV's' and 'Free Starbucks Coffee', none of this makes up for tired, refurbished suites with older beds.

It seems besides the beds and bathrooms, everything else has been 'touched up' for that slick, posh, executive appearance that your website sends across, but upon arrival, it's just that, an appearance. The 'LCD' TV is a 23 inch model, and there's no LodgeNet or Video on Demand services. Comforter was clearly soiled, and glasses to mix a drink needed to be cleaned.

Being a very very frequent traveler, I expect normal cleanliness, then perks such as Starbucks coffee and a free breakfast as bonuses. It seems at Hotel Sierra Parsippany that Starbucks coffee and a lovely breakfast comes with no problem, but a clean, sound room are variables. High speed internet was so bottlenecked, pages took 2+ minutes to load at barely .07 kbps. Therefore, I'm not checking off that the hotel has high speed.

Things look almost like a Holiday Inn Express but slightly upgraded, but they're all just looks. Old firm bed. Bring Ambien.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
HSParsippanyManager, General Manager at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
New York City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2008

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and knowing the Parsippany area we decided to try this hotel. While the hotel was clean and the surroundings nice, we did have some issues. We did not agree that this was a luxury hotel at a modest price.

After our first night, we went out after breakfast and came back to find nothing had been done to our room. We called the desk and they said the maid should have been in for a "light touch." We said we needed more towels and they didn't get them to us for almost two hours.

The included breakfast as OK but lacked viariety and class. Only two cold cereals, no skim milk, two juices, limited bagels and muffins, no cut up fruit but whole bananas and apples.

There is only an outdoor pool. And we found that at certain times the hot water temperature was reduced. If you like a really hot shower, here you can only get it at certain times. Also, the heat-a/c only works when you are in the room, and it may take a few minutes to adjust back after you come in.

While we would not recommend this hotel, we would not say don't stay here. Luxury is not a few small bottles, it is hot water all the time, a nice breakfast, fresh towels everyday without asking and the temperature you want all the time.

• Liked — Location near nice restaurants
  • Disliked — Lack of clean towels, poor comfort costrol, hot water not really hot all the time, limited breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

I booked my hotel through another company and it caused some problems and we were double charged by the hotel and then the company. Fortunately the manager of hotel sierra was exceptional and did everything in his power to make it right.
The hotel room was beautiful, clean and the food for breakfast and dinner was great!!
I highly recommend this hotel and even though we had some problems the hotel was wonderful and we will definitely be back.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beachgrl61
Southlake, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

I have been traveling on business and this Hotel Sierra was my second stop during my trip. The staff is so nice and the service is impeccable. The hotel makes sure that they have provided everything you will need during your stay. My one bedroom suite had a full kitchen with a sink, full size fridge, microwave, and stove. Its a great place for anyone considering a few short days or extended stay on long projects. When a Hotel Sierra is available, I will be sure to book there.

• Liked — The staff and comfortble beds
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2008

We Will Be Back!!!
We stayed here by chance because our booked hotel - Days Inn, Parsipanny was rubbish.
We were on a tour of New England and the East Coast and had stayed in 6 other hotels: Marriot Courtyard, La Quinta and Springhill Suite by Marriot before Sierra Suite. Sierra Suite was the best place to stay with kids or without, especially with the provision of home comfort it provided!! The hotel smelled fresh and clean, just like the top-end ones. There were other complimentaries provided that we didn't get to use - evening Happy Hours for guest, basket ball court BBQ, etc.
The check in staff were very helpful, friendly and nice--Michael was outstanding. We will definitely stay at Sierra in which ever State they operate!!!
- The Abdul-Obitayo's, London, England

• Liked — Home away from Home - there was even dishwasher in our room with a full size fridge
  • Disliked — N/A - everything you need was provided for.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Parsippany
HYATT house Parsippany/Whippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!