“Extremely clean”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Horseheads, New York
“Extremely clean”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We go to New Jersey regularly to visit our daughter who goes to college there. We have stayed in a lot of hotels, and I believe the Hyatt House on Smith Road was one of the cleanest I have ever been to. The sheets were fresh and clean, even the ones in the pullout bed. The beds were just the right firmness. The room we were in had a nice kitchenette, which was also very clean. The front desk person, Luis, was very helpful and nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mineola, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the HYATT House in Parsippany the last weekend of April and loved the room we had. It has everything you could possibly need. They have a mini kitchen with a 2 burner stove-top, mini dishwasher, apartment sized fridge, sink (with I think a garbage disposal, but we didn't use it) and all the necessities such as utensils, plates, cups, pots, pans, etc. The bathroom has high ceilings, full shower/tub and the sink is outside of it. It has a full size closet and very comfortable bed. Their couch has a pull out bed in it which is also very comfortable. They also have what seems like black out shades that keep the room nice and dark in the mornings. There also seems to be laundry rooms available as well if you needed it, not sure on cost though.

The only downside, which I wish they had put on their website, is that the shuttle services they offer do not run on the weekends. We had planned on going out to a bar/restaurant in the area (within a mile and a half) and didn't want to worry about driving. Well, they have a car service that they work with and they wanted $20 each way for 2 people. Other than that, the place is great and we plan on making a return trip at some point down the road for a getaway weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We took off for our weekend get away and headed to Parsipanny, NewJersey for our lockdown at the Hyatt House. Check in process was smooth and we were given a packet of restaurants that offered delivery services. Our room was on the first floor, we were pleased with it and settled in for the evening. However, in no time, there was a constant flow of children running and playing vibrantly through the halls until it was rather late. Although our room was quite a distance from the main lobby and elevators, we figured that there was some sort of celebration and hoped the next day would be different. Sadly, that was not the case. As we walked down the hall, children were out in numbers unsupervised - running around and placing their ears on the doors. It was a spectacle, night two was just as boisterous as our first night. Between the children hijacking the halls, the AC yelling at us and the shower head spraying water from the sides, we realized that was just the way it would be :( Where some hotels have quiet time signs, the Hyatt House was a free for all zone. I love children, after all I am a mother but a get away is supposed to be just that - an escape. Maybe next time....

Room Tip: Ask if there are any floors designated for guests who are there for a weekend party?
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very comfortable room. Quite spacious with queen bed, pullout sofa, kitchen with fridge, 2 burner glass top, microwave, toaster and in room coffee. Large vanity outside of bathroom. Room was immaculate. Bonus of tasty full, hot and cold breakfast, however, no omelette station as was advertised. Parking was more than ample. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked the front desk person to choose my location and I stayed on the top floor (#3). It was larg...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This used to be one of my favorite places to stay in NJ. Over the past year though, it has truly gone down hill. Air rents scream and whistle through the night, breakfast is terrible compared to other Hyatt Houses.

When I was checking out, I was actually greeted by a cleaning person instead of a manager or check in person. I would be hard pressed to stay here again, especially since there is another Hyatt House within 5 miles of this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
D R, Director of Sales at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Chris P,
Thank you very much for your feedback. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations beginning with our sleeping rooms that are anticipated to be completed by the end of March. We look forward to introducing these exciting new rooms and I would like the opportunity to personally speak to you. Please contact the sales department at your convenience and ask for the Director of Sales!
Madison, WI
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I are the parents of 3 grown boys, ages 17 to 21. Recently we all visited the Hyatt House in Parsippany, NJ for one night on our way to New York City. We were persuaded to select this hotel because: 1.) they allowed 5 occupants in their suite rooms: 2.) this hotel received very good reviews from TripAdvisor.

This hotel definitely lived up to its good reviews. However, I think the price of the one night stay was a little steep. That was probably because we were paying for the kitchenette, etc... but all we needed was the beds for 5 people. The room was just big enough enough for all of us. If we had stayed longer than one night, however, I think we would have gotten on each other nerves, as animals tend to do when their habitat has been diminished.

The entire hotel was clean and kept up very well. The Hyatt House offers a great hot breakfast buffet and made-to-order omelettes. For a family of five that is a big bonus. This hotel obviously targets the business traveler and the extended-stay traveler because we seemed to be the only family eating breakfast. Everyone else was businessmen. But that is OK; we didn’t mind. I have been both a business traveler and family traveler. I know that when I am traveling on business I like to see families on vacation because it reminds me of home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Westford
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was our first time in the area. The room was very comfortable and amazingly quiet, but it needed a little attention. The carpet near the kitchenette was patched and frayed. Bathroom a little dark. Otherwise very comfortable and plenty of space.
Staff at the desk very helpful. Extra towels requested were delivered immediately. The breakfast was decent, but there was no omelet station as the website stated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel