“Weekend with family”

HYATT house Parsippany-East
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very comfortable room. Quite spacious with queen bed, pullout sofa, kitchen with fridge, 2 burner glass top, microwave, toaster and in room coffee. Large vanity outside of bathroom. Room was immaculate. Bonus of tasty full, hot and cold breakfast, however, no omelette station as was advertised. Parking was more than ample. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked the front desk person to choose my location and I stayed on the top floor (#3). It was larg...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This used to be one of my favorite places to stay in NJ. Over the past year though, it has truly gone down hill. Air rents scream and whistle through the night, breakfast is terrible compared to other Hyatt Houses.

When I was checking out, I was actually greeted by a cleaning person instead of a manager or check in person. I would be hard pressed to stay here again, especially since there is another Hyatt House within 5 miles of this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Chris P
D R, Director of Sales at HYATT house Parsippany-East, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Chris P,
Thank you very much for your feedback. The hotel is currently undergoing renovations beginning with our sleeping rooms that are anticipated to be completed by the end of March. We look forward to introducing these exciting new rooms and I would like the opportunity to personally speak to you. Please contact the sales department at your convenience and ask for the Director of Sales!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I are the parents of 3 grown boys, ages 17 to 21. Recently we all visited the Hyatt House in Parsippany, NJ for one night on our way to New York City. We were persuaded to select this hotel because: 1.) they allowed 5 occupants in their suite rooms: 2.) this hotel received very good reviews from TripAdvisor.

This hotel definitely lived up to its good reviews. However, I think the price of the one night stay was a little steep. That was probably because we were paying for the kitchenette, etc... but all we needed was the beds for 5 people. The room was just big enough enough for all of us. If we had stayed longer than one night, however, I think we would have gotten on each other nerves, as animals tend to do when their habitat has been diminished.

The entire hotel was clean and kept up very well. The Hyatt House offers a great hot breakfast buffet and made-to-order omelettes. For a family of five that is a big bonus. This hotel obviously targets the business traveler and the extended-stay traveler because we seemed to be the only family eating breakfast. Everyone else was businessmen. But that is OK; we didn’t mind. I have been both a business traveler and family traveler. I know that when I am traveling on business I like to see families on vacation because it reminds me of home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was our first time in the area. The room was very comfortable and amazingly quiet, but it needed a little attention. The carpet near the kitchenette was patched and frayed. Bathroom a little dark. Otherwise very comfortable and plenty of space.
Staff at the desk very helpful. Extra towels requested were delivered immediately. The breakfast was decent, but there was no omelet station as the website stated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were there for a convention at the Sheraton next door. A short walk between the hotels. Large, comfortable suites. Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast included, tasty food and a very organized buffet area. Clean, plenty of supplies. Full kitchen in suite. Quiet location and plenty of parking. Will definitely return. I am now hooked on Hyatt House.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The service was very good. I would especially like to appreciate the front desk guys Max , Louise and others as they were very helpful. The shuttle service is very good, it made life lot easier for guests.
The breakfast is pretty decent.

Room Tip: THe rooms facing the lake and Sheraton are good
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Located in a good peaceful locality very good Hotel for extended stay with a kitchenette.

Good room service with the cleanining and bedding done daily. Toileteires included even the tooth paste which is rare.

Had good sleep on the excellent bedding.

Breakfast was good.

Have a schuttle facility to office back and forth. Hotel also provides transport for doing grocery and other shopping.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
3 mi away
Residence Inn Parsippany
Residence Inn Parsippany
#13 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to HYATT house Parsippany-East? Share your experiences!