“Nicer atmosphere than many”
Review of Amiya - CLOSED

Amiya
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: New location. They have another location in Jersey City, NJ which has been on TripAdvisor for a while.
Montville, NJ
“Nicer atmosphere than many”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've been to Amiya twice now in about the last 3 months. Food is of high quality and presentation is well executed. Selections on the menu are organized well and diverse. Portions could be a little larger and the drinks are too pricey. We don't appreciate going out to have a nice meal and have to remember that our bill will escalate if we decide we we'd like to enjoy a glass of wine or possibly cocktails. Service is very good and the waitstaff are courteous and knowledegable.There is a choice of different naan varieties which I had never known existed. All terrific. The one with figs is outstanding. The vegetarian dishes and "non veg"selections are equally delicious.

The outstanding aspect of this restaruant however it's beautiful atmosphere that includes wonderful lighting, spaciousness, quality fixtures, and a wine room and bar apart from the dining area but attractive and viewable from your table. You will be able to sit with relative privacy if you'd like or in the more mainstream area that is well suited for larger parties/families etc. Parking is not a problem.

The only issue with us is that this area has a good choice of Indian restaurants, all of which are good albeit not as nice in atmosphere, however with the competition, one would hope that they could increase the size of the portions or lessen the price of the entrees. All in all, a nice restaurant, nice patrons, and nice hoast and waitstaff.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank EliasVS

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Best Indian Restaurant I have been to!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I took my daughter out for her birthday on a Saturday night. I had made a reservation and was glad I did. I reserved a booth for the special occasion.

Amiya is a exotic and beautifully decorated high-end Indian Restaurant.

The service was attentive and the food was exceptional.
I enjoyed the chicken tikka masala. I had it many times before at other restaurants and this was by far the best.

We enjoyed the bread called kulcha and it nicely complimented the meal.

This was a memorable experience for both of us and I will return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank lkkalj
Caldwell, New Jersey
“Best Indian restaurant I have been to”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Love the food. Nice ambiance. wait staff was a little unfriendly, but not rude. Almost like they are not happy to be working there.
Food came out a little long.
The green rice was amazing! Love it. Twin lobster is yummmmy!
Decent prices

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank joseph c
Denville, New Jersey, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Great Indian food place”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Everything was just really good.. service, food and ambiance. This restaurant provides a new standard to Indian food dining experience. We don't need to go to city for finding a nice Indian restaurant now. Hope they keep up the standard as they opened a few months back.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Robert G
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Been there 2 times already, great experience, great food and great attention. I am not Indian and I usually don't eat Indian food, but for me it was great. The place is brand new, very nice looking. Excellent service, nice food, very tasty and nice drinks! Will be back soon!

• Visited March 2012