“Best indian food and restaurant atmosphere in North Jersey” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Best indian food and restaurant atmosphere in North Jersey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Been to this place a few times now and each time have been impressed with the uniqueness (in a good way) of their dishes. This was a great diversion from the standard Indian fare you will find at almost all other restaurants I have been to. Not only are the ingredient combinations truely unique but still Indian but they really teste great.

I was really impressed with the variety, number of choices and quality of their Sunday lunch buffet. I am not usually a fan of buffets because most trade qantity for quality, but was really impressed with Amiya's buffet.

The decor is very tasetful and elegant. More upscale than most restaurants. The drink menu is also impressive.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mahesh M

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great lunch buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to try out the lunch buffet and the food was excellent, will definitely recommend others. Their selection of both veg and non veg dishes were good. Very nice decor, I must say it has the best interiors I have seen among indian food places around here. I am tempted to try out the signature dishes next time I am there for dinner.

1 Thank MMittal
Parsippany NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amiya WILL make me eat Indian outside of the house!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Recently visited Amiya.Totally loved the whole ambience and thoughtful details. The food was delish with great names to go with and the service was extremely prompt. Being an Indian I practically cook Indian food everyday and seldom eat Indian food out because of no novelty. But that was before Amiya. Never seen such an extensive Seafood variety on a Indian restaurant menu and I am So-ooo loving it. Plan to return soon with more friends!

1 Thank SavitaV
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfectly balanced flavors, very fresh ingredients”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

The quick summary. This is probably one of the best Indian restaurants you will find in all of NJ. I am an Indian...and so my taste buds are honed in to what things are supposed to taste like.

I tried out their veg signature dishes...ample portions of delicious vegetable dishes...and perfect presentation.

Now to correct some of the other misconceptions...the service was perfectly fine when I was there with many servers and the food coming out very quickly. One of the server even offered to get something made mild from the kitchen when my toddler found buffet chicken curry little spicy. I declined but was really impressed by their effort to make it a good dining experience for us...

Looking at the decor I do feel they take good care both outside and in the kitchen and I do not mind spending a dollar more for the food I know is coming fresh from a well maintained kitchen.

I would definitely go there again.

1 Thank Rohit24
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Extremely Bad Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had the worst Customer Service. The waiter seemed in a rush. They not only screwed our order but also a table behind us with party of 10. The Appetizers were delayed 30 mins and the food was very dull. We had asked for 4 spicy dish and one non-spicy for a little baby and they reversed it. The Manager had no Manners. It felt like he was doing us a favor. Extremely disappointed and will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• 1 of 5 bubbles