“Good bar good food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As an ex-pat living in the US I'm always on look out for a British or Irish bar to get some home cooking. I had the bangers and mash at blackthorn and found them tasty and flavorful, as good as any I've tasted. The service whilst not fast was not slow and was friendly. A good selection of beers and plenty of tv's make this a good place to ea drink and enjoy all the sports you want.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We found this place when stopping on a trip and made a special detour to go back while coming home from New England this week. It is a cute Irish pub with many good beers on tap-they do a creditable job of half & half, black and tan and have a great selection of drinks-food is pub fare but also a good selection of bangers & mash, Shepherd's pie, steak and kidney pie and the like. My husband had the steak & kidney and was delighted to find the crust light and flaky- over a pie of tender steak and generous veg--and I chose a really fresh and delicious ahi tuna salad-large portion of seared ahi over greens and a tart/sweet dressing which hit the spot after a hot cheesy onion soup crock. Service is prompt and manager is attentive.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stopped here for dinner with my college age son. They had a Halloween party going on. Loud and busy. My son was pleased. Food was so so. I sent back the soup immediately and they credited my bill. The sliders were good, typical bar food. I wouldn't return for the food but my son would for the atmosphere.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good atmosphere. Good service. The food is good to very good. Plenty of drink options. Pub atmosphere. TV's in the bar area are visible from almost all seats. Real Guiness draft.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Its a nice small happening place in Parsippany ... but its a typical bar and you can get pretty frustrated with the delay in service.