“service pretty lousy”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

we ate here on a saturday night - table of 12, got seated in the bar area, kids on one side, adults on the other - waitress was pretty rude, service was slow (we got their before it got too busy, it was plenty busy when we left). just getting our check took 25 minutes.

food was good, but service might keep me away.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Had heard about this pub and sought it out for a quick bite to eat and a beer on a Friday afternoon. Bar area was crowded. Grabbed a high top for a quick meal and a few beers. Good service. Decent menu with a variety of selections. Bar area is not a place to try to have a conversation or business meal as it gets pretty loud but there are tables away from the bar if you desire. Nothing outstanding but would go back if in the area.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been to the Blackthorne many times. It is always good. they have a nice menu - something for everyone. It's a great place for a business lunch. I've never been disappointed. My favorite is the shepherd's pie. Servers are pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Always a good meal can be found here. Sadly I feel the prices could be a tad smaller, but it is worth it because I have never left unsatisfied.
They do have bands on Sat which makes it very loud & unable to have conversations.
Beer selection is ok.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We've been a number of times now and have enjoyed everything we've ordered. Yes, kind of noisy but guess I kind of expect that in a pub environment. And also agree that the service can be spotty. But the staff is friendly and food worth it.