“a was starting to cry”

Empire Diner
Ranked #20 of 122 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milan, Italy
“a was starting to cry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

please dont' misunderstood: the food and the service has been accetable, or at least in the averange( well if you like to eat a lot the portion are really big), but the atmosphere was really poor, the music sad, the people around me sad again...

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Trippingpigdiamond

Milford, CT
“Total dive, there are better places in the area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I ate here out because the other place I tried to go to was closed, I will not be going back. I ordered a buffalo chicken sandwich, it was very mediocre. The fries were great though. The other people in my party ordered sliders, which came out rubbery and tasting odd. I don't think they got sick (thankfully). The decor is typical diner fare, it could use a little updating, but it was clean. But the food needs some serious help at this restaurant.

1 Thank dsr1122
parsippany
“OWNERS NEED TO SELL...been doing this too too long !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

i stopped going here about a year ago after going there for years...quality, cleaniness,service,etc but recently we called a order in and upon receiving it
i know why i stopped going there....lol no kidding its terrible food my onion rings
were not golden brown there were DARK brown seemed like they were from and old order
that someone never came for and re heated I COULD NOT EAT THEM ! and the rest of the
food we ordered was just sloppy and bad quality....very bad cooks i think Mexicans with
no management quality control..the owners (2-Brothers) been doing this a very long time
and they seem like they could care less..besides all of the above the place needs to be renovated and fixex up.........too many other places in the area to go to ..i'm done going here !!!!

Millville, New Jersey
“Overall - Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family and I all work in food service/ hotel operations. It's kinda our thing, so we have a greater tolerance for mistakes. However, what we experienced at Empire Diner was something out of a training video on "What Not To Do!" We were a party of 4, 3 adults - 1 kid. We were sat in a booth that had a tack, staple, something sticking out of it, that my father ripped his jeans wide open on. Embarrassing for him, concerning for me as we were traveling with a 1 year old. Nothing was done in compensation. We ordered, service took forever, and when our food was delivered, it was either burnt or under cooked. Gross! When we made mention of the food quality to our server, the server was indifferent to the food. Again, no compensation was given. It seemed to us that no one cared. We will never return and that is sad as we have friends in the area and go to North Jersey frequently.

Albany, NY
“Decent food, very good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had breakfast here, it was good enough, pretty typical diner fare. I would recommend against the "Tropical Waffles"; peaches and strawberries are good on waffles but pears are not, and they are not even tropical. Most impressive about this diner was the fast service, we were very impressed by how quickly are meals were served.

Visited January 2013