“I don't typically write reviews”
Review of Empire Diner

Empire Diner
Ranked #36 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 4, 2012

But after stumbling upon the Empire Diner this weekend I felt the need...to warn others.
There are A LOT of diners in NJ so no need to settle for this...hostess and waitresses both w/ zero personality, couldn't muster a smile even.
Lets see, tap water, skimpy over-cooked bacon and egg sandwich, like in one egg and 2 pieces of burnt bacon. Philly cheese steak with the canned mushrooms, PLENTY of cheese, hardly any meat whatsoever.

When I going over the bill , the waitress who obviously is watching me, yells over with an attitude across 2 tables "I took the cheese steak off your bill".

Horrible food, horrible service, horrible decor...we had to laugh at all when we left, it was so bizarre. Then we needed to go find something to eat.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Waited a while to get 3 waters for 5 people (?) and we eventually left before ordering. Didn't seem that excited to serve us.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Well beloved neighborhood diner with much-appreciated breakfast food. My wife swears by the tuna. Also nice selection of wraps. Finally, does have a liquor license so bar service is possible (although haven't seen anyone order anything)

1  Thank edwblade
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I go there for breakfast fairly frequently. Good food and quick service. For lunch and dinner I'm never sure how fresh it is. Sometimes the food I get tastes like it's been in the fridge too long. Other times it is very good. Service is fair. Value is ok.

1  Thank Fenton1826
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Typical jersey diner. Good food, fast service, huge menu.