“Always a problem getting checked in”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
“Always a problem getting checked in”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this inn several times. Each time I have a problem getting checked in. I'm a truck driver and my company makes the reservation and payment arrangements. Yet every time the inn has not recieved the third party autherization. It's as if the fax number is incorrect.

• Stayed November 2013
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear cjackd,

Our fax number has always been (973)-334-1984 and in order to try and make faxing easy we have even gone one step further and added a line dedicated for just the fax machine.

It is our company policy to not check anyone in until we do have authorization for the stay from the company or person allowing us to charge their credit card.This in the form of a 3rd Party Authorization Form and is used for the protection of all parties. We always recommend that you have the authorizing party send it the day before with a cover letter asking us to call and verify that we had received it, so as not to make anyone wait. This in fact will save time as our form does not allow anyone to put their entire credit card information down on it for their safety. You may also have authorizing party scan the form and they can send it via email and I will print it out for your stay at i0072@redroof.com.

We also have another consideration which I would be happy to assist you and your company with. It is what we call a direct bill account; where if accepted will allow you and anyone in the company to check in without the 3rd Party Auth at all or specific locations nationwide per your request. Please let me know if you would like further information and I will be sure to have someone from our sales department contact you immediately.

Daniel Gutierrez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Very Clean And Well Managed, Marsha At Front Desk Is A Wonderfully Nice Person, Reasonably Priced And Very Good Location, Other Motels In The Area Do Not Measure Up To This Facility.I Drive A Small Box Truck And This Location Has Plenty Of Room To Park.This Facility Is American Owned, That Helps In Many Areas.

Room Tip: First Floor A Little Easier To Get To
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Barb M,

Thank you for noticing our efforts. We strive everyday to give all of our guests the same experience as you have. We see our guests as an extension of our family and we want to make sure that all of you are delighted in your stay. Which in return will make you want to come back and see us time and time again.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff here is simply amazing! Dan, Marsha, and Guerda always greet you with a smile in the morning. Especially that Marsha! Anything you need they never hesitate. They are simply AMAZING people! This Inn is super accommodating. The room I stayed is was always spotless, fresh and clean. Adel the maid that was on my floor does an amazing job. This Red Roof is cozy and warm. Beds are very comfortable. If you ever have a problem the maintenance men are there in no time. I highly recommend this hotel! You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Chris K,

I must say that great reviews like yours with such positive input are always a comforting sight see.

We dedicate ourselves everyday to give the best customer service possible and it is our company's philosophy to make each and every guest feel Confident, Significant and Delighted. From the moment they book their room, to the moment we say good bye at check out. Our goal is to give every guest the "WOW" factor that they deserve and to keep them coming back to Red Roof Inn for years and years to come.
Thank you again; for your posting and I will be sure to share all your comments with the entire staff.

Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I travel the east coast 4 days or at a time 7 days a week and stay at the red roof in parsippany, nj. Over several years, I have come to know the staff and the manager, Dan. Marcia, who is at the front desk, could not be more accommodating to the guests. She will help you in anyway to make your stay a pleasant one. She is the face of this red roof and is always smiling and most pleasant. When one is traveling all day and is exhausted, it is a real pleasure to see Marcia's smile and helpfulness. Even Greta in the evening is always most helpful. I rarely see dan, but he also goes out of his way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms have been upgraded and are much better than they used to be. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and only wants to deal with very nice people. Keep up the good work. Eddie S

Room Tip: Ask early for what you need and they will try to accommodate your request
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear iris s,

Thank you for your kind words about our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that we do have a wonderful staff at our location. My Front Desk Staff has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family and they never forget a face or name, making you always feel welcome. I on the other hand may not be seen too often, but I am always here wandering the property, doing room inspections, and making sure that our guest have the best experience possible. Our renovation has only just began and in the not so far future you will see an even better Parsippany Red Roof, which will offer many more new and exciting features. I thank you again and I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha, Guerda and my whole staff for that matter so they can see that their efforts are being noticed.

Parsippany
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Basic motel, very cheap. People live here on the lower rungs of existence. My counterpane had dried blood on it, my son's had something yellow. The stairwell landing, which is external, bore signs of blood pooling followed by an exit trail. I am an ex London cop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Terence W,

I have read your review, after carefully looking at our daily log and the maintenance logs. I found no record or reports of any human fluids or an exit trail as you stated. Our exterior walks are walked several times daily and washed weekly or more often when needed. My staff takes great pride in making sure that it is always clean. With doing so we offer many trash bins along our exterior corridors and the property for guests place items they wish to disregard. When a guest accidentally spills a beverage or food it is cleaned up promptly as to not attract any pests or be an eye sore for our patrons.

General manager

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels

Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dirty room! Never vacuumed. Gunk left on microwave. Towels full of holes. Hair dryer plug was burnt - too scared to use it - thought I'd electrocute myself! No freezer in mini fridge - so no point in paying for the deluxe room if that's what you need. Mattress is like a rock - but expected that at a value hotel. Called front desk about dirty room - he made a note on the record. This room isn't worth $70 I paid for it.

Room Tip: If you have a pet - ask for first floor - the stairs to the second floor are "open" planks...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank orionbaby410
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear orionbaby410,

I am sorry to hear about your recent stay. We always strive to make sure all of our rooms are guest ready for all of our patrons. If something does not seems right with your room we will do our best to correct the issue, if it cannot be fixed to your expectations then we would move you to another room to guarantee the best night stay possible.We always do our best to make sure we have the best quality of linen's and towels available for our guests to use. We continually switch out our damaged goods with new goods when we see wear and tear. Our beds are brand new Sealy Mattresses and although most may say they are extremely comfortable they still cannot compare to the one you may have at home. All of our Microfridges are just a refrigerator and do not come with freezers, but we would gladly place any frozen items you wish in our break room freezer to keep it frozen for you. We always have spare hairdryers at the front desk, if and when one stops working or seems defective for your use, until we can replace the wall mounted one in the room.
Again; I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention and we will make sure that we correct any and all issues.

Landing, New Jersey
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Mr. Gutierrez, has been very helpful and professional. A very competent manager. A nice place to stay. It is very convenient to restaurants, stores and highways. The staff is always helpful. Harry Schnitzer

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Schnitzer,

Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate the great review but I must not take all the credit as I do have a wonderful staff.
They say that it takes a village to raise a child, but I say it takes a dedicated staff to give the best experience possible, and that is what we have here.
We will always strive to give all of our guests the best experiences possible and to create an everlasting memory of our Inn that will bring you back time and time again.

Thank you again and we always look forward to seeing your smiling face whether at check in for coffee or to just come and chat.