“Unbearable smell”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Let me start by saying that I have never had to leave a motel/hotel earlier than expected due to poor conditions, until this red roof inn. The smell was so unbearable (moldy-musky-smoky smell with perfume trying to cover it up) that I asked to switch rooms. Staff was accommodating and allowed us to switch but the second room was not much better. We slept with the door cracked open to let the room breathe and checked out the following morning to spend the next 3 nights at a much better smelling location with reasonable rates. Highly recommend avoiding this place if you have a nose.

• Stayed: September 2013
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear nousernameforyou,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn,
and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with the best quality for the price.

Our helpful and friendly staff are always willing and eager to help our guests and we have made some recent improvements at the hotel to improve any odor issues so we can continue to provide exceptional quality to all of our guests.

We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Thank you for your comments as we do strive to improve our hotel and make it better each day for all of our guests.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I needed a last minute place to stay and I had no expectation of these types of places, I use them for sleep and sleep only, in and out and Thank you Maam.. but this time I had a cigarette burn in my sheets, but this is a non smoking room and someone had 2 dogs that barked until around 10:00pm.. I guess someone else complained because all of the sudden the barking stopped..

That is all

Room Tip: Get a room in the back building away from the highway noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Eddie F,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stay, to show where we need to work harder and how well we are doing as a whole. We will only get better when guests like yourself let us know where we need to show improvement. I will share your comments with my housekeeping staff to show them where it is needed.

Thank you again; and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in the Parsippany area for business.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Here is your hotel! This was our second year to spend several days here. Close to major highways, yet plenty of grassy areas for dog walking. Everything you need from stores along Rte 46. Staff were friendly and helpful. Clean and well maintained. We had a micro fridge which made for economical meals. Drive time to Mountainside, N J on Rte. 22 was just 30 minutes on
most days!

Dear MononGirl1952,

Thank you for taking the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Your comments as well as all others give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you have. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was surprised with this hotel. I was weary because the rates were pretty low and thought it might be a little run down. The room was large, nice, and clean. There is no refrigerator or microwave, but the room did have a safe.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Dee D,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. We strive to make sure that every guest has a positive experience. We do offer many room types to fill all of our guests needs and three room types do come with microwave and refrigerators which are the Handicap Accessable Rooms, Deluxe 2 Full Bed Rooms and the Superior King Rooms.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was quite impressed with this particular Red Roof Inn. The rooms were modern and very clean and the beds were comfortable. The service from the clerk, both on the phone and in person was very good. This is a super choice for staying close to NYC.

1  Thank raizen
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Razien,
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it is that you have taken the time to notice the efforts of our staff here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Your comments as well as all others give my staff the motivation to work harder and make sure that all of our guests have the same experience as you have. Thank you again and I will surly post this review for all of my staff to see.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This part of NJ is a bustling center for business, and vacation travelers. As a result the hotel room rates have steadily gone up. I was looking for a decent place to stay for 2 nights, without going broke. This Red Roof had decent reviews, so we gave it a shot. It's pretty bare bones...no refrigerator or microwave, but the room did have a safe, not especially useful, in my opinion...and if used it'll cost another $1.50. There is no pretense at a free breakfast either. The room was large, the check-in efficient, and the room clean, except for the black hairs on the bathroom floor. This grossed out my wife...I was less upset, figuring I'd add my own before long. Seriously, however the housekeeping is not their strength. They ballyhoo the free internet, but it barely worked in our room.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office are likely to have better internet connectivity.
2  Thank ROGER M

Dear Roger M ,

Thank you for you review, We always encourage our guests to tell us about their stays, to show where we need work harder and how well we are doing as a whole.Your comments are a great feed back and I am happy for your response, as we will only get better when guests like yourself let us know where we need to show improvement. I will share your comments with my Housekeeping staff to show them where it is needed. We will only get better and have already started this process which includes updating many of our room amenities, so far we have installed flat screen televisions, hair dryers, iron and ironing boards, and new bedding in all of our rooms. Later this year we will under go a complete renovation that will only offer many more new and exciting features as well.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

As always never a problem and always a smiling face from Guerda when I walk in...She will make you feel like family... I just got engaged and planning on spending a romantic evening here as it is close to NYC and we can come back to a nice clean budget friendly hotel. The rooms are always nice and clean and the staff is super friendly... even ran into the manager outside the hotel and he even remembered me and said hi.I highly recommend this hotel ...been coming here for years and will continue to stay here......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bear464
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Bear464,

Thank you for your kind words about Our Parsippany Red Roof Inn location. I must agree with you that Guerda is a wonderful employee and asset to our location. She has the ability to make all of our guests feel as though they are family and she never forgets a face or name always making you always feel welcome. I encourage all my staff to be friendly to our guests and make sure that they have the best experiences possible. As for myself; it is always great to run into my guests in or out of the Red Roof Inn and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your significant other. We look forward to seeing you both in the near future and I will be sure to share your comments with Guerda and my other staff to make them aware that their efforts are being noticed.

Sincerely Yours

Genereal Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
Days Inn Parsippany
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
Sheraton Parsippany Hotel
#6 of 16 in Parsippany
Extended Stay America - Hanover - Parsippany

Been to Red Roof Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!