“Great Place to Stay in NYC, New Jersey area”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed in hotels and motels all over the country and while some were in exotic locations I don't think I've felt more at home than I do when I'm here at the Red Roof Inn in Parsippany. If you travel with pets you know many places won't allow them and even when they do they charge for it, not so here. Dan Gutierrez and his staff are dog lovers and they encourage guests to bring their pets. Some nights it's a veritable zoo, but it's immaculate. They always have a pot of coffee brewing and like a loyal companion they bring you the paper every day.

This is just a friendly, easy, comfortable place to stay. It's conveniently located off I 80 & 287 and you can be to other major arteries Like I 95 and the GSP in minutes. You can't beat it.

Room Tip: They have a wide selection so join the ready card club so you can book the one that fits your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear John S.

Thank you for your comments about our Parsippany Red Roof Inn. It is with the upmost importance that we make sure that all of our guests feel like they are at home. We strive each and everyday to get to know all of our guests and make sure that their needs are met.

Thank You again and we look forward to you staying with us for years to come

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a great place to stay with your pet. It was hard for me to find reasonably priced accommodations that accepted my dog after I had a house fire. I am really glad I came here.

The manager of any facility is a good indication of how the staff will be. When I first met the manager, he was extremely welcoming both to myself and my overly friendly dog. I have been here quite some time and can honestly say that the entire staff has been treating me like a member of their family. Even though my house is not repaired yet, I feel as though every time I come back here after an errand it is just like coming home.

When I first moved into the room it was immaculately clean and smelled very fresh. Housekeeping comes in every three days (a requirement when you have a pet) and refreshes the room. I am so glad I found this place and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a place to stay. If there is any type of problem, you just notify the front desk and they will cheerfully take care of the problem as quick as they can. If you have a problem but do not notify the front desk then the facility cannot be held accountable if your stay is not up to what you expected.

Room Tip: I suggest choosing a room that fits your specific need. If the front desk give you a room that is...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Dolores A.

Thank very much for your kind words and for the time that you had spent with us here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn. Our goal is to give every guest the experience that you had written about. Your dog whom the staff and myself had all fallen in love with, was an absolute pleasure to see and will be greatly missed. We wish you all the best and hope that when you are in the area, that you stop by and say hello so we can see the two of you.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We chose this hotel for a four day stay based on the TA reviews, and were satisfied with our experience. We had a room in one of the far buildings with two doubles (too cheap to spring for the King!). The room was clean and comfortable. It felt a bit damp, but so was the weather. Maintainance and housekeeping were so-so; we had to ask for water glasses, and to have the light over our bed replaced. The desk clerk was very responsive and friendly, and took care of everything as requested. What really distinguishes this hotel is the price for the area; it was much lower than other hotels with decent reviews. For four days, that $25 per night adds up. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Richard S. ,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, we strive each every day to offer our guests a clean and comfortable room at an affordable price. We always do our best to make sure that our guests leave delighted. All our rooms now feature new bedding and flat screen televisions and later this year we will undertake a renovation to enhance our customer's experience; still with a competative price.

I will gladly share your comments with my staff and I hope to see you and your family again on your next visit to Parsippany.

Cordially Yours,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

For the price I paid the room was not worth it. I chose the king size bed room. It had a mini fridge, tv and a coffee maker. The cleanliness of the room though was horrible. There were hairs in and on the bed, black marks on the pillow cases and one of the pillow cases had yellow stains on it. The floor in the bathroom was sticky and I found stains on two of the towels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Erin S.

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn,
and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room with the best quality for the price.

Our helpful and friendly staff are always willing and eager to help our guests. We have made some recent improvements at the hotel and our cleaning, linen, and towel procedures have changed so we can continue to provide exceptional quality to all of our guests.

I would also like to recommend that if you ever have an issue with your room in the future, to call our front desk and we will gladly move you to another room that would be more suitable for you.

We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Thank you for your comments as we do strive to improve our hotel and make it better each day for all of our guests.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I've heard horror stories from other hotels with a single room for a similar price. This hotel provides a good room for a small price. Here are the only problems: the bright blue quilts are synthetic, and you don't feel very warm sleeping at night; you can't control the heat in the room, only the air conditioning; wifi is not secure (don't do banking!); the fan in the bathroom is really loud, and there is no switch to turn it off while keeping the light on; you cannot have only the main lamp on - every light has to be on for the room to feel well lit. Otherwise, the room is very clean and meets most travelers' needs. The cleaning comes around twice per day, which I think is plenty. The first time I opened the door, I noticed how fresh and clean the room smelled.

The picture on the website shows a woman standing in a convenience store. This Red Rood Inn does not have anything close to a convenience store. Just a vending machine. Luckily, it's on Route 46, and there are tons of other places to buy the things you need. However beware of the Qin Dynasty Chinese restaurant connected with the Red Roof Inn - the women are snappy and bossy Chinese women. They need to be a little more polite. But the food is authentic and better than your local fast food Chinese place. (My neighbor is from China, and his family goes to this restaurant for authentic Chinese food.)

The Red Roof Inn was a great experience. My privacy was respected. Not much noise or disturbance outside my room.

Room Tip: Non-smoking rooms smell clean and fresh.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Lillian B. ,

Thank you for your response about your recent stay. We encourage and welocme all comments about our establishement. You stated that we have a picture of a person in a convenience store. We do offer a vending room with various snacks and beverages here on property located next to our office.

All of our pictures for the Red Roof Inn Parsippany were done professionally and do not have guests, staff members, or the vending room in them. The picture which you must have seen was that of one posted by a guest; who are allowed to supply their very own pictures of our establishment on many of the review and booking sites.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you in the near future at the Parsippany Red Roof Inn.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 20, 2012

This Red Roof is typical, clean, good beds, functional wifi, no micro or fridge in room (an upgraded room may have it). Good location. Good value. The only issue I had was that the water pressure in the shower was so hard it actually hurt my face. I am a 48 yo army vet and stay in probably 60-100 hotels a year, and I never had a shower hurt before (I was certain I was clean though!). Overall, great value for the area and many restaurants around. I'll be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Ibarker,
Thank you so much for choosing the Red Roof Inn Parsippany and taking the time to tell us about your stay. As you stated our water pressure is quite strong and is being looked into. You also commented on not having a Microfridge in you room and with all our standard rooms that amenity is not provided. Although for a minimal fee we can upgrade you to one of our Deluxe rooms where it is provided or our Superior King room where we offer in room coffee and tea as well as the Microfridge.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Parsippany.

Cordially,

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and service is great. Marsha at the front desk is very nice and accommodating. Location is good not far 1 hour from NYC. There are lots of restaurants to choose from. I recommend this place if your coming to Parsippany NJ!

• Stayed: December 2011
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear tdill20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit at the Red Roof Inn in Parsippany. We were pleased to hear that your experience was an enjoyable one. As you mention in your review, our location is in great proximity of New York City and many restaurants. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide our guest with a wonderful hospitality experience. I will be sure to share your comments with Marsha and the rest of the staff regarding your visit. Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to serving you should your travel plans permit.

Travel safely,