“Extremely satisfied with our stay!”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Manasquan
“Extremely satisfied with our stay!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Red Roof Inn really came thru for us recently as needing a place ASAP with the hurricance coming to NJ. We were forced to evacuate but our job was still on so as the hotel & customer were in same area, we booked our stay for 4 nights. They're pet-friendly with no fee. The room was on the 2nd floor (prefer 1st flr but emergency times called for making accomodations. We move furniture, stairs anywhere are a hassle!) Our room was neat, clean, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, plenty of towels, the staff was extremely accomodating & offered plenty of comforting words re: past experiences with storms. During the height of the storm, we lost power for only 5 hours - which was the 1st time in about 5 years! Our stay was made less stressful by Red Roof & I really appreciate all that was done not only for us but for the rest of the guests. While Hurricane Sandy caused plenty of damage in the area, there were still enough places with electricity so food & gas were available. The location, then, is great & the prices were a lot better than the other hotels along Rt 46. Highly recommend this hotel - hurricane or no hurricane!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear ginny110411,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear that you were "Extremely satisfied" with your stay. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the Superior King Room with the Fridge, microwave, and in room coffee maker. It is our best value! We try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room. We know that many people were affected by Hurricane Sandy and we are very glad that we could take care of you and the other guests that stayed here during that stressful time. We were very fortunate that we only lost power for about five hours as we know many people were left in the dark for a long time. In an emergency situation we feel it is not fair to our guests to raise our prices, like some of our competitors. I am glad that you saw the value we provided was well worth your money here.
We look forward to your next stay and hope that we will see you again soon.

Andrew Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by this local hotel. due to power outage, I had to find a local hotel that was pet friendly.
Red Roof Inn was budget friendly also. Plenty of eating places nearby and close to my home.

It was very clean and the staff were very helpful to us. Especially, Marsha at the front desk. With the emergency situation in the area she was working long hours always with a smile.
I would recommend highly.
Ellen

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shelley225
Dear Shelly225,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast very hard, and we are glad that we could accommodate you and everyone else that was affected by the storm. Some of my staff did work very long hours and I am glad that they kept a warm and welcoming smile during this stressful time. As you mentioned we are pet friendly and there are a lot of good restaurants close by. We are glad that we could provide you with a clean and comfortable room. We strive to make sure each guest enjoys their stay here.
We look forward to your next visit and hope that it is not an emergency again.

Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

i stayed in a superior king, room was newly renovated. flat screen tv super comfy bed and marble in bathroom. the parking lot is not very big, i had to park on the opposite side of the lot from my room.. i did not use the wifi, and there is no breakfast available, so i proceeded to walk to the ihop across the street. well this was easier said then done. there is a 8 foot high chain link fence in the middle of the divided highway. so i walked to the corner and then back to ihop. upon reaching i noticed the lot was empty, the location is closed for renovations. it seemed to be closed for a very long time, and doesnt look to be opening soon. there is a dunkin donuts about 500 feet from ihop.woulod stay here again if in area but i will drive to breakfast the next time..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Thomas J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our renovated rooms. As you mentioned we have recently put in new flat screen TV's and our Superior King rooms all have new mattresses. I am sorry that you had to find out the hard way the IHOP is undergoing a remodel. We also just found out about it recently. I am glad there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street as well to grab a recent breakfast.
We look forward to your next stay with us as well.

Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at RRI a couple of times and I have to say it is one of the best budget-hotel I have ever been at. Checkin was really quick thanks to their friendly staff and rooms are cozy and clean. I even had to stay during hurricaine Irene due to power disruption, and the hotel was so crowded, but the Manager, Mr. Andrew Smith, and the rest of the staff, managed to find accommodation to most of the affected families! You guys are the best and have a great heart even during difficult times. Location is so convenient: shopping mall from a 5 min. walking distance, NY Bus Stop is almost in front of RRI Parsippany (NYC is only from a 25 min. busride), etc. Congrats!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Luis_Felipe_M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We try our hardest to be the best that we can be. We are continually looking for ways to improve and be the best. We do have a great location that is very close to the Bus that goes to New York City. Here you can stay near the city, but not in the city for a very reasonable price.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am from Colombia, and it is very expensive to travel out of the country. I wanted to go to NY and needed a hotel close to the city that I could afford and still have a good night sleep. This hotel was a perfect choice. Clean, friendly staff, close to the city ( only 30 minutes away), the bus stop for NY is right by the hotel. I was impressed that you actually get to see the General Manager there. I have been to many hotels and never see the person in charge. This manager is all over the place, making sure things are ok, asks you if you are enjoying your stay, and I even saw him helping the girls from housekeeping so they could finish the rooms in time. Not many Managers are "hands on", and help their staff... But I could tell this guy takes his job seriously and cares about his staff.

... The only bad thing I would say about the hotel, is that the guests that have dogs do not clean after their pets. I guess they are lazy and do not know how to read, because the hotel have sings to "clean after your dog" and they have stations with bags outside for dog owners to use... But I guess "these filthy guests" chose not to. Makes you wonder how their homes are?...

If you are looking for great price, friendly staff, nice rooms and near the city, this hotel is a good choice
If I ever have the oportunity to go back to NY, I will come back to this hotel with my eyes closed. .

Room Tip: If you need a microwave, refrigerator and coffee try to get the deluxe rooms, they are bigger and wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rosa P
Dear Rosa P,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you were able to visit us from so far away and enjoy your time in New York City. We know that travel can be expensive, but we try to keep our prices very affordable. We feel that we are the best value for your money in this area. We are glad that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We strive to provide the best in customer service and room cleanliness. I try to help and encourage my staff to be the best and make sure that all of our guests enjoy their stay.
The Red Roof Inn is “Pet Friendly” and we try to accommodate all of our guests to the best of our ability. As you stated, we do provide three pet waste stations around the property with bags for owners of pets to clean up after. We try hard to keep the property looking clean and it takes everyone’s help.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

new york
Reviewed September 9, 2012

It is rather clean, recently renovated, grounds nicely kept, small rooms but good amenities, flat screen TV, some rooms with fridge and microwave. Excellent value for short stays. Ask for a hair dryer from front desk, they dont have it in the room. Maybe a decent coffee machine in the front would be nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear NYist,

Thank you for sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We try our hardest at the Red Roof Inn - Parsippany to provide clean and comfortable rooms for every guest. As you mentioned, all of our rooms now come with Flat Screen TV's that have HDMI and RCA connections available for computer or gaming devices. We do also provide hair dryers at the front desk. Our Superior King rooms do have a coffee maker in the room with the same great coffee that we provide in the lobby 24 hours a day. We do offer great rates for short stays and even better rates for weekly stays. Ask us how you can save on your next trip.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay here again.
Please travel safely,

Andrew J. Smith
973-334-3737
Montville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I Thought the Hotel Looked OK, Needed it for Business, The Room looked Renovated, and was large. I Was bothered repeatidly by people outside (standing around drinking), and talking. It looked like a "hotel party", when you Did open your door.
People literally standing outside, sitting on vehicles, (was in 1st bldg. BackSide), I Was told
that I Wouldn't be disturbed. Got to sleep kinda late, then by the time I could Relax, there were maids knocking on the door next day (was just there one night at this point) Then, right outside my door was A Tall Guy "worker", taking out garbage, ( THROWING BAGS OF GARBAGE
OVER The BALCONY) and YELLING accross The parking lot to somebody. I Was totally Irritated by him. This Went on For a While, by him..
Real Rude!!!! This guy had No Respect At ALL!!! I Don't know who bothered me more, the "guys" drinking and "partying" all night, in the parking lot, or the "WORKER'S" the next morning.....(Yelling and conversing outside my hotel door)...
Truly, do NOT Expect to Rest at this hotel, I probably could have rested better in my Car!
It Was Filled with extremely Rude & Disrespectful PPL. OMG, What NOISE at this place!
I Truly Would NOT Recommend it at all...(Not for any type of Rest)...

Room Tip: Don't pick a Room in the 1st Bldg in Back. It Was AWFUL with All The Noise!!! Don't know...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brian T,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad that you thought our rooms looked nice and comfortable. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We do not tolerate parties at this hotel and if we had known about it we would have stopped it right away. Usually we are a very quiet hotel and we do not have many issues with noise.
Our housekeepers do not start working until after 9AM each day, which is the usual time for housekeepers to start in most hotels. Usually, they will not knock on an occupied room until after 10AM. Most of our guests are usually awake or gone at that time of day. I apologize if someone was yelling outside of your room. I have talked to my staff to try and prevent this from happening again.
We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Our helpful and friendly staff is always willing and eager to help our guests.

Andrew J. Smith
973-334-3737

Travelers are raving about these Parsippany hotels