“Pleasant stay”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by this local hotel. due to power outage, I had to find a local hotel that was pet friendly.
Red Roof Inn was budget friendly also. Plenty of eating places nearby and close to my home.

It was very clean and the staff were very helpful to us. Especially, Marsha at the front desk. With the emergency situation in the area she was working long hours always with a smile.
I would recommend highly.
Ellen

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shelley225
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Shelly225,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast very hard, and we are glad that we could accommodate you and everyone else that was affected by the storm. Some of my staff did work very long hours and I am glad that they kept a warm and welcoming smile during this stressful time. As you mentioned we are pet friendly and there are a lot of good restaurants close by. We are glad that we could provide you with a clean and comfortable room. We strive to make sure each guest enjoys their stay here.
We look forward to your next visit and hope that it is not an emergency again.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Parsippany

Reviewed November 1, 2012

i stayed in a superior king, room was newly renovated. flat screen tv super comfy bed and marble in bathroom. the parking lot is not very big, i had to park on the opposite side of the lot from my room.. i did not use the wifi, and there is no breakfast available, so i proceeded to walk to the ihop across the street. well this was easier said then done. there is a 8 foot high chain link fence in the middle of the divided highway. so i walked to the corner and then back to ihop. upon reaching i noticed the lot was empty, the location is closed for renovations. it seemed to be closed for a very long time, and doesnt look to be opening soon. there is a dunkin donuts about 500 feet from ihop.woulod stay here again if in area but i will drive to breakfast the next time..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Thomas J,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed staying in one of our renovated rooms. As you mentioned we have recently put in new flat screen TV's and our Superior King rooms all have new mattresses. I am sorry that you had to find out the hard way the IHOP is undergoing a remodel. We also just found out about it recently. I am glad there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street as well to grab a recent breakfast.
We look forward to your next stay with us as well.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at RRI a couple of times and I have to say it is one of the best budget-hotel I have ever been at. Checkin was really quick thanks to their friendly staff and rooms are cozy and clean. I even had to stay during hurricaine Irene due to power disruption, and the hotel was so crowded, but the Manager, Mr. Andrew Smith, and the rest of the staff, managed to find accommodation to most of the affected families! You guys are the best and have a great heart even during difficult times. Location is so convenient: shopping mall from a 5 min. walking distance, NY Bus Stop is almost in front of RRI Parsippany (NYC is only from a 25 min. busride), etc. Congrats!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Luis_Felipe_M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We try our hardest to be the best that we can be. We are continually looking for ways to improve and be the best. We do have a great location that is very close to the Bus that goes to New York City. Here you can stay near the city, but not in the city for a very reasonable price.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am from Colombia, and it is very expensive to travel out of the country. I wanted to go to NY and needed a hotel close to the city that I could afford and still have a good night sleep. This hotel was a perfect choice. Clean, friendly staff, close to the city ( only 30 minutes away), the bus stop for NY is right by the hotel. I was impressed that you actually get to see the General Manager there. I have been to many hotels and never see the person in charge. This manager is all over the place, making sure things are ok, asks you if you are enjoying your stay, and I even saw him helping the girls from housekeeping so they could finish the rooms in time. Not many Managers are "hands on", and help their staff... But I could tell this guy takes his job seriously and cares about his staff.

... The only bad thing I would say about the hotel, is that the guests that have dogs do not clean after their pets. I guess they are lazy and do not know how to read, because the hotel have sings to "clean after your dog" and they have stations with bags outside for dog owners to use... But I guess "these filthy guests" chose not to. Makes you wonder how their homes are?...

If you are looking for great price, friendly staff, nice rooms and near the city, this hotel is a good choice
If I ever have the oportunity to go back to NY, I will come back to this hotel with my eyes closed. .

Room Tip: If you need a microwave, refrigerator and coffee try to get the deluxe rooms, they are bigger and wi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rosa P

Dear Rosa P,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you were able to visit us from so far away and enjoy your time in New York City. We know that travel can be expensive, but we try to keep our prices very affordable. We feel that we are the best value for your money in this area. We are glad that you enjoyed our clean comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We strive to provide the best in customer service and room cleanliness. I try to help and encourage my staff to be the best and make sure that all of our guests enjoy their stay.
The Red Roof Inn is “Pet Friendly” and we try to accommodate all of our guests to the best of our ability. As you stated, we do provide three pet waste stations around the property with bags for owners of pets to clean up after. We try hard to keep the property looking clean and it takes everyone’s help.
We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It is rather clean, recently renovated, grounds nicely kept, small rooms but good amenities, flat screen TV, some rooms with fridge and microwave. Excellent value for short stays. Ask for a hair dryer from front desk, they dont have it in the room. Maybe a decent coffee machine in the front would be nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear NYist,

Thank you for sharing your stay with everyone on Trip Advisor. We try our hardest at the Red Roof Inn - Parsippany to provide clean and comfortable rooms for every guest. As you mentioned, all of our rooms now come with Flat Screen TV's that have HDMI and RCA connections available for computer or gaming devices. We do also provide hair dryers at the front desk. Our Superior King rooms do have a coffee maker in the room with the same great coffee that we provide in the lobby 24 hours a day. We do offer great rates for short stays and even better rates for weekly stays. Ask us how you can save on your next trip.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having you stay here again.
Please travel safely,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I Thought the Hotel Looked OK, Needed it for Business, The Room looked Renovated, and was large. I Was bothered repeatidly by people outside (standing around drinking), and talking. It looked like a "hotel party", when you Did open your door.
People literally standing outside, sitting on vehicles, (was in 1st bldg. BackSide), I Was told
that I Wouldn't be disturbed. Got to sleep kinda late, then by the time I could Relax, there were maids knocking on the door next day (was just there one night at this point) Then, right outside my door was A Tall Guy "worker", taking out garbage, ( THROWING BAGS OF GARBAGE
OVER The BALCONY) and YELLING accross The parking lot to somebody. I Was totally Irritated by him. This Went on For a While, by him..
Real Rude!!!! This guy had No Respect At ALL!!! I Don't know who bothered me more, the "guys" drinking and "partying" all night, in the parking lot, or the "WORKER'S" the next morning.....(Yelling and conversing outside my hotel door)...
Truly, do NOT Expect to Rest at this hotel, I probably could have rested better in my Car!
It Was Filled with extremely Rude & Disrespectful PPL. OMG, What NOISE at this place!
I Truly Would NOT Recommend it at all...(Not for any type of Rest)...

Room Tip: Don't pick a Room in the 1st Bldg in Back. It Was AWFUL with All The Noise!!! Don't know...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Brian T,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad that you thought our rooms looked nice and comfortable. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. We do not tolerate parties at this hotel and if we had known about it we would have stopped it right away. Usually we are a very quiet hotel and we do not have many issues with noise.
Our housekeepers do not start working until after 9AM each day, which is the usual time for housekeepers to start in most hotels. Usually, they will not knock on an occupied room until after 10AM. Most of our guests are usually awake or gone at that time of day. I apologize if someone was yelling outside of your room. I have talked to my staff to try and prevent this from happening again.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Recently having surgery on my knee (Needed a Quiet Place to rest for several days)..
The Guy who checked me in was polite//fast and Pleasant!! I think his name was JZ....
Anyway, He ASSURED me tha t "I would not be bothered" (was at Red roof about 9 days and nites)., And, I Was told I could leave my Don't Disturb sign in my door.

Well, the Guy who manages the place was a REAL Jerk!!!! The Housekeeper would Still Come By (even though I assured them that I would NOT NEED Service),
But, The Girl told me the Manager says MUST Check All Rooms DAILY!!!
I Was like WHAT????? There Goes my Peaceful Quiet REST at a Hotel!!!!

EveryDay they showed up to "INSPECT" and Clean. (Again I was in BED, just Trying and ASKING for Rest), Paying 80 Bucks a Day (to Rest, and Sleep).
The guy JZ was cool, he gave me a Dont Disturb sign, But He Assured me I
That I WOULD be able to REST at this hotel!!!!
Again, Don't know What the Managers PROBLEM is, But he is either Paraniod and or a Bully to his employees.... This girl who would come to my Room sayin that She HAD TO clean my Room AND inspect (afraid of being fired)...very upset and nice girl, so I Did not bother to
make a big deal about it...
. Anyway, It wasn't until I Checked out on a Wednesday Morning, around 10AM, When my Brother came to assist me (having knee surgery), we were walking around the building and could hear the Manager Yelling at a Lady (guest), for not Answering her Phone!!! I Mean, This guy was banging on her door, saying he was the Property MGR, and How "HE RUNS THE PROPERTY" They 'MUST GAIN ACCESS TO EVERY ROOM" to Inspect and or CLEAN Daily!!! My Bro and I Had to stop to listen (while carrying luggage to my car), then we saw the Guy, He was yellin to her for not answering her phone needing to Gain Access...
Just to Wrap it up, The Red Roof Staff Seems Real Good, The Rooms Seem Very Good, the MGR. Andrew is Truly NOT SO GOOD!!!! --( "Disturbing The Guests" and bullying the workers TO DISTURB the Guests!!!!)
I Will Never Go Back because of this Guy, I Found this situation at this hotel to be ODD, and disturbing. Don't Expect to Ever Sleep a Full Day here, AND, Do Not Bother to put a
"Do Not Disturb" Sign on your Door, They WILL Disturb You, Every Single Day!!!!
What a Joke!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn – Parsippany. I am glad to hear that the Front Desk staff was pleasant, helpful and friendly. I am very sorry to hear that rest of your experience was not up to your expectations. I apologize that you felt “bothered” by myself and our staff. It was not our intention to disrupt you in any way.
We do try our hardest to provide each guest with a clean and comfortable room. In order to do so we must maintain the quality of our rooms. Therefore, my staff has been instructed that they must inspect and clean each room at least every three days (not every day as you stated).
To make things clear, I have never yelled at a guest at this property and I never will. I did knock on a guest’s door after trying to contact them by calling the room because they had not had their room cleaned in seven days. This particular guest had a cat and had signed our pet policy where it states that rooms with pets must get cleaned every other day. The guest has caused us problems before and I was stating our policy to the guest and making sure that we could clean her room since they did not answer the phone to talk about it. We did have to do a deep cleaning on the room after the guest left because we were not given access to the room during their stay.
We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Our helpful and friendly staff is always willing and eager to help our guests. I want to assure you that I am not a “bully” to my staff or our guests. I will go out of my way to make sure my staff and guests are happy.