“A True Gem”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“A True Gem”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

2nd stay in last 3 months , just as good if not better than 1st. Found this Red Roof Inn on trip advisor prior to 1st stay. Clean , quiet, comfortable and very reasonably priced. This Inn is our rest stop when leaving Long Island, NY enroute to home in Carlisle, Pa. On our latest stop - after enduring the LIE Expressway & Cross Bronx, a constant rain deluge, we arrive at the Inn
to a warm welcome, fast registration and a HOT cup of coffee. A good night's rest, a shower in an immaculate bathroom and we are ready for the road home. To the staff at Red Roof - thank you for a job well done.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marty Y
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Marty Y,

Thank you for reading about us and Trip Advisor and then sharing your experience with everyone as well. We do strive to provide each guest a clean, quiet, and comfortable room at a low price. I am glad that you also find our staff to be friendly and helpful as well.

As you mentioned we do offer free, hot coffee 24 hours a day in our lobby. Or, if you should get our larger and most spacious Superior King room, all of which have an in-room coffee maker, fridge, microwave, and new Serta mattress. They are the best value for your money.

We wish you the best in all of your travels and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Rooms are clean, but it is a true inn. Beds not that comfortable, but for the price I will saty again, but only for a night at a time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AntSA K
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear AntSA K,
Thank you for sharing that this hotel is a good “Value for money”. We do try to provide the best quality at the best price for this area. I am sorry that you thought that our bests are not that comfortable. All of our Superior King and Deluxe Double rooms have brand new Serta mattresses, fridge and microwave in the room. I would highly recommend these rooms for a great night sleep. They only cost a few dollars more than our standard rooms.
We do feel that we are the best value for the Parsippany area. If you don’t believe me, please check out the other “budget” hotels in the area.
We hope that you will come back and see us again soon.
Lehi, Utah
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I just stayed at this Redroof last week. The rooms were some of the best I have had in a motel. The beds were actually really comfortable and clean. The rest of the room was clean and everything worked great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had not been to this area before and they were great at helping us get around. They recommended some nice restaurants in the area. The manager was very friendly and responded quickly to all of our needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Derek S
Dear Derek S,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.com. I am so very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was very nice meeting with you and I am glad that I was able to help you during your stay with us.

I am glad that you, like many of our guests, found the room to be very clean and comfortable. We strive to give each guest excellent service and offer clean and comfortable rooms. We know the value of a good night’s sleep. We do appreciate your feedback and we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us and I wish you the very best in all of your travels.

Andrew Smith
Red Roof Inn Parsippany
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've obtained over five free night certificates for all the times I've stayed at Red Roof. I'm a frequent flyer!!! They don't vary much in quality, but bad Red Roof Inns are always memorable. This was definitely at the top of all Red Roof Inns I've stayed out across the east coast. It was quiet and clean with quick access to NYC. The check in was smooth, even though we got a key that didn't work and we had to go back to the counter to get another one. The front desk clerk wasn't very helpful with suggestions for food at 9pm (most places close at 10pm), so we scrambled to find a place after we had to get another key and dropped off our things in the room. The room itself was clean and everything worked. That's really all I ask for anyway. The clean is definitely an area that makes or breaks a room for me, and this one was one of the few rooms in the Red Roof Inn that I would call clean.

Room Tip: Try the center of the hotel. the back is toward the highway and the front is a main road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scoutings
Dear Scoutings,
Thank you for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn Parsippany. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone as well. I am very glad that you think so highly of us as a hotel. We are currently ranked the #2 hotel out of the Red Roof Inns in this country, and we strive to be #1 in all that we do.
We are very happy that you had a clean, quiet and comfortable room. We strive to keep each room clean and well maintained at this hotel and make sure that everything works for each guest. If there is every anything wrong, we want to know about it so we can fix it right away. Our staff will do almost everything to keep each guest happy and satisfied with their stay with us.
I apologize that the key did not work for your room, but I am glad that we could fix it right away for you. I have been working with the Front Desk staff to help them with more knowledge of the area and of the many restaurants that are nearby.
Thank you again for your great comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Venice, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We normally stay at a Staybridge Suites, which was booked, and went to Red Roof Inn. Staff was great, including housekeepers, rooms clean, quiet and very reasonable for area. Probably the top of the budget price range hotels in the area. For the extra ten bucks book the larger rooms with a nice computer station and larger area with fridge and microwave. We have stayed at other area "budget friendly" hotels and this was the best.

Room Tip: Book the larger rooms with more space, nice computer station and fridge, microwave.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank 2ROADTRIP
Dear 2ROADTRIP,

Thank you for giving us a try, and I am glad that we met to your satisfaction. We do have an excellent staff of employees here. Our housekeepers do an excellent job of cleaning and maintaining the quality of our hotel. We do have very clean, quiet and comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price. We are the top budget hotel in the Parsippany area! If you don’t believe me, feel free to try the other ones. All who do come back to us because, no one can match our cleanliness, quality and service.

I too would like to recommend our larger and more spacious “Superior King Room” to all of our guests. For about $10 more the room includes a fridge, microwave, in-room coffee maker, large desk workstation, and a new Serta mattress. It is the best value for you money.
We continually look for ways to improve our hotel and be the best.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

On Rte46, at the crossing onto I-80; close to Northern Jersey locations. Buildings are a little dated but still keeps the Red Roof standards. They have free coffee in the reception in the morning but otherthan that everything is pretty standard. A disadvantage was the lack of fridge, in room coffee maker or microwave; forces you to visit the Ihop accross the highway. Many shopping and convenience store options in the area, not too far from Willowbrook Mall. Oner Ayan

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank ONER A
Dear Oner Ayan,

We try our hardest to maintain the quality of this hotel. We have made many improvements to make the hotel as best as possible. We do keep to the Red Roof Inn standards and try to give the best in quality and service that we can. We are due to get new flat screen TV’s in the next few months, so we hope that you will come back to enjoy them when we get them. Next time, if you need a room with a microwave and fridge, I would highly recommend our larger Superior King rooms. They also have a brand new Serta mattress, in-room coffee maker, and large desk work station. We also have free WiFi throughout the entire hotel as well as free parking. We are in a great location close to many shops and restaurants and there is easy access to bus transportation to New York City.
We hope that you will come and try our Superior King room again soon.
Philomont, Virginia
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed overnight here with our dog (a small Rat Terrier). Marsha and Kishor at the front desk were both cheerful, pleasant and helpful with any questions or requests we had. The room was clean, did not smell of smoke, air conditioning worked great. We had the large king bed room and the extra floor space was nice to have (I usually stay in the two queen bed rooms). Only complaint is this is the first Red Roof I have stayed in where it is evident that pet owners DO NOT clean up after their dogs. I am used to cleaning up after my dog! I stay in a lot of Red Roofs because they allow pets and when I am on the road at dog shows it's my go-to hotel. Every other Red Roof I have stayed at, the surrounding perimeters were clean of dog droppings. But the back side of this hotel along the perimeter, I would advise anyone to STAY OUT of the grass as there are many, many dog droppings and it would be hard to avoid stepping in them. I ended up walking my dog over behind the Chinese restaurant and along the perimeter in the front of the hotel (and I always pick up after him) where there was less danger of stepping in poop! Not really the hotel's fault, although maybe some signs and perhaps even a dog "clean-up station" with doggy dropping bags and trash receptacles would help. If it weren't for this one thing I would have rated the hotel a 5. And the dog poops won't be a problem for anyone who doesn't walk along the perimeter of the property, e.g., anyone who doesn't have a dog with them. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of the hotel ... the same side as the office. That's the side w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple