“Good rate and Location for Cheaper Gas :)”

Courtyard Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Toronto, Canada
“Good rate and Location for Cheaper Gas :)”
Reviewed January 13, 2007

I stayed there for 3 nights when I visited New York,

It might sounds wierd to stay there but by looking at the rate in NYC you will understand, do stay here only when having a car otherwise you'll be in trouble!!

Rooms are clean and comfy...

The Hotel is Safe then either you must go through the lobby or a door beside with access only by Card...

Free Parking as well!!!

• Liked — Clean Room, Free Parking
  • Disliked — Slow Elevator :)
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay here if you go to NY but only by having a car!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Taiwan
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I was looking for an accommodation near Montville and after having read the reviews at the tripadvisor, I decided to book the Marriott Courtyard.
Like the most motels the lobby area is better than the room, though the room was clean and not too small. It would be nice if the blanket could be changed every other year and the air conditioner, which was very loud when turned on, updated.
I stayed there for 3 nights with my daugther, who enjoyed the swimming pool. Overall it was OK for the rate.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank phiphimomo
saugerties,ny
Reviewed June 19, 2006

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for an overnight this past weekend. It was everything we could have wanted. The staff was super nice and went out of their way for us, from letting us have an extra early arrival to walking my sister in law to the stairs because she wont ride an elevator and couldnt find the stairs. Coffee 24/7 in the lobby. Very nice room and incredibly clean.

2 Thank roadkinggirl
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed June 16, 2006

This was my second visit to the NY area and I decided to stay outside of NY. Am I glad I did. This hotel was wonderful. Quick check-in and the price was just right. Room looked just like the picture and was very clean. Bed extremely confortable. In-room high speed Internet connection. I left my laptop at home, but there was a desktop down in the lobby for customer use. We got in around 2am, and found the little Marketplace snack shop a welcomed addition. Was able to eat a bowl of cereal at 2am!!! It also had sandwiches and snacks. Area was very quiet. Staff was helpful and friendly. Many area restuarants to choose from. TGI Fridays is next door. Breakfast buffet was offered but I could not wake up for it! Will return to this hotel time and time again.

3 Thank LovinNY
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2005

very clean and very nice and GOOD service!!!! You will not be dissapointed!!! however, indoor pool was a bit cloudy.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NJ/CA
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I stayed one night at this hotel on July 27, 2005 on the third floor (top floor). This hotel exceeded my expectations. I had just come from the Albany Marriot in New York which is supposedly a nicer hotel than this one, but was not. I travel a lot and usually stay at Marriotts, but found this Courtyard cleaner and more convenient than several of the Marriotts I've stayed at.

Upon arrival I was met with fresh chocolate chip cookies and fruit at the check-in counter. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of there way to quickly get directions for me to my morning destination. One staffer even quickly called his friend to get an estimate on morning traffic commute times on a particular freeway that I was traveling.

The hotel was very clean (I'm super picky) which I was not expecting. The carpet in the room, bed linens, and bathroom were newer and very clean. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is not upscale, but if you are a picky clean freak, you will have no problem here.

I had a room with 2 double beds - very comfortable, one desk and desk chair, and lounge chair, TV and drawers, small one cup coffee-maker, hair dryer, clean bathroom. The room was not huge but spacious enough. Comfortable for two/three people. Newspaper at your door in morning.

The hotel is also nice amenities-wise, and convenient. There was a pool (I just peeked at it; did not use it - it looked nice and clean). There was also a vending / water bottle machine on my floor.

There is a breakfast buffet, room service, and a TGI Fridays right next door Mc Donalds a little farther down RT 46. There is also a snack/convenient stand right near check-in counter with fresh fruit salad, good sandwiches, yogurt, cereal, milk, juice, soda, chocolate/candy, mags, newspapers, etc. This proved really convenient because you could grab decent food at any time (even night) without ordering in, or grab something on the go. They also just add it to your room bill if you want.

Finally, this is a 3-story hotel off of Rt. 46 (convenient). However it is a very quiet property because traffic on RT 46 is very light at night, so nice quiet hotel.

One tip - ask for a room that is not too close to the ice machine, because it can be loud and makes noise from making ice all night - but this is true in many hotels.

I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank moonglitter
Edison, NJ
Reviewed April 3, 2005

This nice hotel is located Rt 46-E very close to Fwy 287, can't miss it. The front desk staff was very nice to check me in promptly, request a two Queen size bed room, no problem. Free parking lots, 80% vacant.

The lobby was very shine with high ceiling living room with nice big TV and fireplace and comfortable sofa. The library has several desks with complimentary Internet connections, some have printer for free printing. One desk has a complimentary Internet connected computer that is good for short time access like email, checking weather, not good for extensive use since it kicks you out every 15 minutes? Some sites can not visit ...etc.

We were given a nice big room with 2 Queen beds on 2nd floor. It is right next to elevator and ice machine, very convenient since my kid like to make icee with his blender, so we need lots of ice. Somehow, not too many people during weekend, it's so quiet at hallway and elevator.

The swimming pool was small but adquate for my kids to swiming, and they enjoyed it. nice hot tub and exercise room gave them some things to do in the afternoon when no one else using it, maybe because the pool hours are longer than other hotel, 6am to 11pm, and not too many guests in weekend.

The TV was much bigger that Plymouth Meeting Courtyard and had many channels. The complimentary high speed Internet is great, but it does not have wireless Internet access, so we can use only one portable computer, a little crowd for a family with multiple portable computers.

We took Rt 46-E, passing Fwy 287, on right hand side, there is a Huan Noodle House, the dinner was so good but only cost $23!!! Can't believe. So, we returned the other day for noodle lunch, about the same. We also went down Fwy 287-S to Rt 10-W, about one miles the new Barnes & Noble on right hand side, very crowd. The supermarket across street has nice sub sanwitches, half price after 4pm. There are many nice restaurants and stores in the area too. We then took Rt 10-W further and Rt 53-N back to Rt 46-E to the hotel.

The hotel restaurant did not provide dinner, but right next to it has a TGI Friday restaurant. We ordered dinner to be delivered to room since it was raining very havily that night. The food was very good and price resonable.

This hotel is very nice but somehow aging, e.g. the elevator did not go up the first night we checked in, and we had to let two people out of elevator, and it happened another day. I was told it is going to be renovated soon since it is approaching 5 year that the hotel chain has major renovation every 5 years; e.g. replace new carpet ...etc.

I have stayed most hotels in the area, including Sheraton and Embassy Suites at Rt 46 and Fwy 287, Marriott, Hilton, Summerfield Suites, Courtyard ...etc at Rt 10, but this was first time I was at this hotel. This hotel costs very different on weekend than weekdays. Weekdays normally charge $139 a night, but weekend as low as $59.

After checked out, we took Rt 46-E to Fwy 287-S to Rt 10-W and U-turn to Rt 10-E and had a nice lunch at Hong Kong Buffet which was great!

If you want to have a nice dinner at one of the best Chinese restaurants in Northern Jersey, you can make a U-turn heading Rt 46-W, right before Rt 53 not too long from the hotel, there is one on the right hand side with Chinese Style building. Each seat has a fish tank next to it and the interior is like Chinese Palace. It is not cheap, but it is well worth it.

• Stayed January 2005