“Wifi slow, HDMI on TV's blocked, couches very uncomfortable”

Courtyard Parsippany
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Wifi slow, HDMI on TV's blocked, couches very uncomfortable”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

They make staying in your room torture. No guide on the TV, internet barely works, I can't hook my computer up to the TV... Don't see a point in staying here. I must say though, the service was pretty good, but it doesn't make up for the room being unlivable for somebody living in the 21st century.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan B
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We have recently upgraded our internet to provide faster Wi-Fi speeds to all guests. We have also updated our TV guides in our in-room information books to reflect the HD channels we currently offer. I am still attempting to find a fix to ensure guests can hook up an HDMI cable to the TV! Thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were traveling to a wedding in NJ and stayed there. The reservations were made for 3 adults and two children. We had requested two doubles and a rollaway, There were no rooms available that fit that description when we arrived from Massachusetts. The front desk person upgraded us to a suite at no additional expense- very nice. The room was beautiful. The next day we having breakfast. One person in our party has milk allergies- the cook prepared the French Toast special for this person. It was wonderful. I would stay there again. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are immaculate.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included but the food is delicious. The pool is small but perfect for kids or just...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our propety. I'm so happy we were able to accommodate your sleeping needs as well as the food for the guest with the food allergy. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are traveling in the area.
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here when I was traveling for work. It is a very nice hotel. Has a nice little lounge and restaurant so a business traveler can have a bite to eat and not have to leave the property. Service was very good. Hotel was very modern and clean.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property! I'm happy to hear that you had a positive experience and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area for business!
New Jersey
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here after a nearby wedding. The hotel was very nice - clearly renovated. The room was a decent size: king sized bed (which was very, very comfortable), small sofa, desk, television stand and bathroom/closet. The room was clean, but the bathroom could have been cleaner. The toilet didn't work very well and if we were staying longer than one night, we would have brought it up with the hotel staff, but it wasn't worth it for few overnight hours we were in the room. The room was arranged a little oddly. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aurora1999
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay at our hotel. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovation. We are continuing to update the bathrooms in each room as the year goes on. I hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area in the future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This hotel has the new look and feel with the updated lobby, arrival "Podiums". The lobby is open and spacious. Always love the new hotel smell or Fresh Paint and Carpet!

The staff is always welcoming and friendly. The exercise room is all brand new and when it's stocked, the refrigerator with cool towels is always a nice touch. The pool was still being refreshed during my stay, but it looked like it was going to be nice.

The Rooms were very comfortable. The furnishings were different than I've seen in the recent model. Very comfortable sofa in addition to my King Size Bed. All the rooms have a refrigerator, but I did have to negotiate for a microwave. It would have been a nice touch if they'd used the recent Courtyard model of a microwave in every room.

You'll be glad you stayed here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FQTV_IT_Nurse
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. I hope that you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area.
Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel and my room were both super clean. I had a king-size bed that was very comfortable. I'm lucky to be a sound sleeper but those who are less fortunate/over-sensitive might be bothered by truck noise from Route 46. The hotel sits near the crest of a hill so passing vehicles are working a little harder.

When I first entered the room I was pleased to see a nice, big couch. I was not so pleased when I sat on it. This funky furniture missed the "form follows function" bus. Too-wide seat cushions paired with too-lacking back cushions ruled out comfortable seating. Not a real big deal for this two-night resident but a guest staying for the long haul might need to get creative with bed pillows.

As is typical of a Courtyard, the hotel lacks a proper bar and restaurant. Food and drink can be had but don't expect a great selection. I didn't eat but did drink a couple Sierra Nevada Pale Ales one evening while hanging in the lobby with associates. There is a T.G.I. Friday's up the hill. One could walk to it using the highway shoulder. Otherwise, a traveler will need to drive to find dining and other services.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay at our property. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and public space. Our Bistro does have seasonal menu which changes quarterly to provide variety in our menu. I hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area.
Manahawkin, New Jersey
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We trusted the bride who picked this venue for her wedding guests. She knew what she was doing! The hotel was tastefully, newly renovated. Everything worked! It was clean and quiet, even though it was nearly filled to capacity. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you had a quiet and relaxing stay while staying with us for a wedding. I hope you choose to stay with us again if you are in the area!