“Amazing STAFF = Amazing Stay”

Courtyard Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Amazing STAFF = Amazing Stay”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I frequent hotels and in particular Marriotts and I had an absolutely amazing experience at this location. The GM, Leah, is absolutely amazing and extremely accommodating. She went above and beyond to accommodate my family and myself. Also, forgive me, I'm horrible with names but the woman at the front desk which has been a Marriott employee for over 15 years is one of the friendliest and most helpful employees which I've ever encountered. This Marriott is currently undergoing a renovation and I had the opportunity to stay in one of the newly renovated rooms. These rooms were absolutely amazing and done very nicely. Even though the location was further from my destination than my other options; I stayed here because the staff was amazing and the property is well taken care of! I can't thank all the employees at this Marriott enough for my amazing experience and their incredible professionalism!

Room Tip: 3rd floor are newly renovated and extremely nice!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leah W, Manager at Courtyard Parsippany, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel! I hope you will come back to visit now that our renovation is completed!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hightstown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Courtyard Parsippany, is one of my favorite hotels. I have stayed at this hotel two times and its better and better each time. Room 257 the first time and Room 311 the second time. The hotel staff is awesome and very helpful. There are so many more wonderful things I could say about this hotel. I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are newly renovated.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'll echo the other reviewers - this is a 'decent' place to stay. The room is clean, and bed is very comfortable. Most importantly, I slept great and the bathroom was clean. Free Wifi was actually decent, and there is a hidden mini fridge. Heat/AC worked great and weren't noisy.

Few quirks - As of 11/29, the hotel is in the midst of a renovation. The 2nd floor is inaccessible. I was booked on the 3rd floor. The 3rd floor appears to have undergone the first round of renovations..the walls, carpet, lighting was updated. The furniture in my room was not part of the renovation, apparently, and I didn't have any lamps on the bed night stands. It was a little weird not being able to reach a light in the hotel without getting up. Based on the pictures I saw from another reviewer, I have to assume that was a fluke.

Overall, I slept great, and the hotel is quiet and clean. Great place to stay for a night. I got a room facing the east parking lot, and was surprised by a beautiful sunrise.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NotSharkBait
Arlington, VA
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We visited this hotel as a last minute "add on" to a larger group - high school band performing in a weekend marching band competition at the Met Life stadium. The 2nd floor king room was clean, spacious, quiet and quite comfortable. Parking was more than adequate and the amenities very appropriate for a business hotel. We were welcomed warmly by the front desk upon arrival, and given great nearby options for dining. Front desk service was superior.
Because we traveled separately from the large group, and arrived much earlier, we were able to clearly see that all of the advance preparations for the group arrival were thoroughly organized, ready to go and quite cognizant of a potential impact on other guests at the hotel. It was impressive.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning - not gratis - but worth the cost. Good variety, cooked to order omelets, and friendly service.
We decided to stay an additional night. Interestingly, the hotel was undergoing some renovation, but that did not disrupt the quality of our stay. The hotel was close to major highways and convenient to reach but also away from on/off ramps.
If we were in the area, we'd choose the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I am staying at this hotel for business. It is a nice place with convenient access from Rt. 46. The room is clean and has a comfortable bed. The staff is polite and willing to help. Price is very reasonable. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Berlin
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Decent hotel for a business trip. The rooms are big enough and the bed was very comfortable. Addtionally you will find a hairdryer and a pressing iron in the room. My room also had a LCD TV and what I liked most: a balcony.

Breakfast is interesting as there is no restaurant, but a little Starbucks bar where you'll be able to get fresh Starbucks coffee and sandwiches etc.

The hotel itself is not very charming, but good enough if you do not expect 5 star service. All in all: nothing to complain about.

3 stars alltogether, not more, not less.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here recently, and as a Marriott Rewards member, I assume I got a room that was representative of the standard. The shower had more mold than I would expect, expecially around the shower head. The tile grout was cracked out in front of the tub, so that the floor made a crunching sound when you got out of the shower. Also, the carpeting was stained, and there were odd stains around the room, on the walls, TV speakers, etc. I was really disappointed, especially since I wouldn't consider the rates here to be a bargain. Compared to another Courtyard in NJ (Somerset) the difference was apparent. The rooms down there in Somerset are much nicer for a similar price. And this may be a small thing, but the TV seemed a bit small for the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple