“Another average courtyard”

Courtyard Parsippany
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

What's with courtyard by Marriott? They need an overhaul. The hallways smell like "love my carpet" powder and the carpets are hideous. An attempt at updating has been done on the rooms. The bed linens and curtains are updated. The carpet not so much. The bathrooms are old but clean. The sink in my room had rust. It's a clean hotel but I prefer newer more updated hotels. My office put me up here for 3 nights so I didn't have a choice. This is my second Marriott stay that wasn't great

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here for business. The room was fine - very standard Courtyard fare - and there was free internet. The problem is that I left my computer engaged while I slept and my hotmail account was subjected to hackers. Fortunately no problem other than sending out annoying spam to everyone in my contacts. Next time, I will turn off my computer while I am sleeping.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is very clean and offers good amenities. The room is spotless and has a couch and a desk to work at. The beds are very comfortable and clean. The hotel has a Friday's right next door that delivers which is a great convenience. The hotel has a business center, a restaurant, pool, laundry and other amenities that makes your stay very comfortable. You can't go wrong with staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here two nights for my son's wedding. The rooms were spacious and the beds and pillows very comfortable, however, the walls are paper thin. I heard another couple complain that the drinking glasses in the rooms were not clean and had lipstick stains on them! Stay away from the breakfast buffet. It is way overpriced. There are diners all around . . . a better choice for food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding party. Maybe they were overwhelmed at check in, but after finally checking in they got it right. Just an FYI... They will preauthorize extra money for incidentals... So be aware.... The rooms were nice. We had 2 queen beds. The furniture , although it looked nice, had lots of scratches and nicks out of the wood. Overall a good experience, but I think I may try the other Mariott down the road next time I am here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Mediocre older hotel in a remote poorly lit area. Lobby is fine, but rooms are on the smaller side and pretty basic. My big complaint is that the hotel douses the room in perfumes? What are they trying to cover up? It can't be more noxious than the heavy (sickening) perfumes in the deodorizers they use.

The workers were very friendly on the up side.

Room Tip: There is another court yard in Whippany. I am trying this next week.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We just got off a cruise ship with 10 days of laundry, before we start the second leg of our vacation. Checked in at courtyard, and surprise! A guest laundry to do all our dirty clothes! Surprise again, a whirlpool tub in our room! HEAVEN!!!!! Absolutely LOVE Marriott properties!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012