“Tasty Dim Sum, but no English”
Review of Qin Dynasty

Qin Dynasty
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They are relatively new, just tried them today, near a bunch of hotels, and very tasty!
Reviewed February 6, 2016

We were curious about this establishment because it's always full. We didn't realize they served dim sum "a la cart," but decided to try it out. The only person who spoke English was the greeter. She explained that servers walk about the restaurant with food items. When they come to your table, you can choose what you want to eat. Basically, dim sum is food wrapped in dough, which is cooked in many different ways, such as, fried, boiled, steamed, etc. I love dumplings, so I was excited to try them. Some of the items did not look appetizing, but we were willing to experience something different. We were pleasantly surprised. The chef knows what he's doing in that kitchen. Everything was delicious. My kids even enjoyed it. The only drawback is that the servers don't speak English, so it was difficult to ask them to explain each item. I can't tell you what I ate, but definitely try the item wrapped in a large leaf and tied with a string. Inside is rice with ground pork. Don't eat the leaf. Everything else was great. Personally, I didn't enjoy an item that was round, somewhat thin, wrapped in a thick, slightly opaque dough filled with a green vegetable. Beware of purchasing a can of soda. It's $3.95. After a certain time, food is served by wait staff. You do have the option of ordering from a regular menu, then. We were able to order Sesame Chicken with broccoli. It was awesome! Some of the wait staff do speak English.

2  Thank taurus044

Reviewed December 30, 2015

Qin Dynasty catered more to an Asian, specifically Chinese, crowd. They have good and diverse dim sums, and pushcart by waitresses on weekends. The prices for lunch is most reasonable but I have yet find their food outstanding. Too much MSG, too much salt, and of course, the management is not as friendly, nor helpful as other Chinese restaurants.

Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

We were very disappointed with food. Maybe because it was take out. The dim sum was very poor and the beef with Chinese broccoli was not tasty. The chicken Lo-mein was ok. Vegetable rolls were too hot.
Not a happy camper.

Reviewed December 17, 2015

I have been going here for years and enjoy the variety of dumplings, chinese greens, and fun noodle. My vegetarian friends always find something to swoon over. The owners are friendly and recognize repeat customers. Dim sum (70 items) can be ordered every day and is served from rolling carts on weekends. Although gastro-adventuous, I haven't summoned the nerve to try the tripe and blood dishes.

Reviewed December 14, 2015

This place has the most authentic Dim Sum (weekend brunch) we have found in the area. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. Service is pretty good, if a bit rushed, mainly due to the fact that it is almost always crowded during brunch.