“Great Dim Sum”

Qin Dynasty
Ranked #10 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They are relatively new, just tried them today, near a bunch of hotels, and very tasty!
Short Hills, New Jersey
“Great Dim Sum”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've only had dim sum at this restaurant. The food is tasty with a good variety. Staff knows enough English to explain the different food choices. Worth many return trips.

Visited March 2014

New Jersey
“Overbooked for CNY”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Family goes here regularly. They made reservations for Saturday night on Chinese New Years weekend.

The place was packed. We got seated over an hour after our reservation time. We didn't get our first course for 45 minutes after ordering. The waiter apologized, but nobody else seemed to care.

Food was good, not great. Decor cheesy. Service OK. A NYC Chinatown experience (not in a good way) in NJ. Was very expensive.

I suspect that we'll end up going back with the family at some point, but not on a holiday.

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Best Dim Sum in the area”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I always go to Dim Sum Dynasty in Ridgewood, but it is very expensive. One of my Chinese coworkers recommended this place to me. After traveling to China, I feel I know good Dim Sum and my coworker was right. The food was very good. The waiters took a little time to warm up to us (only caucasians in the restaurant). After a few minutes, they were very nice and helpful. We arrived just before 3pm when the Dim Sum chef leaves, so some items were no longer available (we should have gotten there at lunch or dinner time). My husband and I stuffed ourselves and the check only came to $20! I thought that was a great deal and we will definitely come back soon!

• Visited February 2014
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Great Place for Dim Sum”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Went to Qin Dynasty for the first time this past weekend. What a great place for dim sum. Really good food and the wait staff was very attentive. It got busy very quickly. Plan to get there before noon. Best dim sum in New Jersey, at least from what I have tried.

• Visited December 2013
Parsippany
“Real China in N.J.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited Qin Dynasty once, with my son. Most of the diners were Chinese, which I took as an endorsement. We ordered two Hot and Sour soups and, as my son wasn't very hungry, one General Tso's Chicken and some special fried rice. The chicken portion was enormous and good, enough to feed three. I found the restaurant reminded me of those in Hong Kong rather than the polished and ornately decorated ones we have in London. They do not serve any alcohol but are happy for you to bring your own wine,etc. so this makes for an inexpensive evening.

• Visited October 2013