“Been there many times!”

Qin Dynasty
Ranked #11 of 128 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They are relatively new, just tried them today, near a bunch of hotels, and very tasty!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I particularly love the House Soup at lunchtime on weekdays only.
Dim Sum on the weekends are quite good. The wait staff is friendly.
This is my favorite local restaurant. Do give it a try!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you are looking for "real" Chinese food, this is the place to go. Not "take out". Unusual and delicious selections, a varied and expansive menu. Harry S.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I came here for dinner after work with my friend. Knowing Autumn is the season in which crabs are delicious, my friend and I decided to order it. The crab was live and the waiter brought it to us for inspection before cooking it. We had it the "bee-fung-tang style" (literally it means a pond for hiding out from wind). It was deep fried first with batter and then sprinkled with fried onion pieces, chilli, scallion and cilantro. I personally did not like the way the crab was cooked. First it was deep fried in batter and full of spices; you could not really taste the sweet juice of the crab. The crab was around $15 per lb. The crab we had was 3.5 lbs and we paid $55 for it. We also had a veggie dish -- sauteed Chinese water crest (the so-called hollow vegetable). The vegetable was not fresh. They actually did not pick the bad leaves away and we observed leaves that were turning black. In addition, you could really taste that the vegetable was not fresh. They charged $15 for this dish, which I believe is not worth while. I am giving both the food and the value a 2 star based on this. The staff were actually courteous, which is a plus. I used to come here for lunch with the dim-sum items and the Cantonese-styled dishes and I used to like them. It is a shame that this experience negated most of the good experience that I had over here before.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Last reviewed Qin Dynasty back in 2011 and was surprised to read so many negative reviews since then. Our third visit was just as fantastic as the first! If you're into the "sweet & sour chicken" school of Chinese cuisine this place is not for you. This is real deal authentic using incredibly fresh ingredients, expertly prepared to bring out the unique flavors and textures. The place was packed on a Friday night with Chinese families enjoying long, leisurely meals. But even though we were the only non-Asians there we did not experience any lack of service during our meal. Yes the servers spoke broken English, but they were very attentive and friendly and worked hard to accommodate you, bringing glasses and an ice bucket immediately without asking for our BYOB wine. The fresh clams (almost 2 dozen) in a Thai-style satay broth I had was just amazing, and the perfect counterpoint to husbands' crisp veggie & seafood stir fry. We finished both dishes to the point of being overstuffed just because they were so delicious.
If exquisite decor and fancy table settings are important to you then pass this place by. Qin Dynasty is seriously about the food.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is deifnitely one of the best places I've been to for Dim SUM and is a recent discovery. Parsippany really seems to be getting on the map for good asian food.

Generally the dim sum tastes fresh and there is a fairly good variety (I have yet to see the steamed peanut dumpling). However, everything from the har gow to the spring roll is good. The steamed rice in taro leaf is also good (though perhaps lacking in black mushroom). We often get extra items to take home.

All in all if you are looking for dim sum this is the best in NJ.

A few cons. Its pricey-- I would say close to $20 per person. Its best to get there before 11 am as the place really fills up. Also don't think because the dim sum is good everything else will be.

We tried the non-cantonese stuff which was really bad --sichuan chicken with peanuts for example. The cantonese mains were also mediocre as was the hot and sour soup.