“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
ASHEBORO
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Nice clean hotel, built in 2010, newest in area. Check exactly where it it located, signage in not good from the highway and it would be very easy to miss the turn. There may be a sign at the next intersection to come in the back way, but I did not notice it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was given the key to a room that already had someone checked in... Scared the beegeebees out of them when I tried to enter the room.. thankfully they used the secondary lock. by the time i got back to the front desk the person that was in the room was calling to report someone trying to get into their room.. the front desk seemed overwhelmed and fumbled through finding me another room but in the end, no harm was done.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Parsippany, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were expecting a quiet get away weekend and were greeted by a 10 year olds birthday party in the lobby. Forget about a dip in the pool with 15 screaming kids. The sound proofing was terrible. In the middle of the night I was woking up by someone coughing in the next room. And they really need to put some cushions in the doors so they don't slam so hard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Lynbrook, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I understand that it is a common practice at this hotel to rent out their pool for "private parties". The only reason we selected this hotel was for the pool available to all paying guests. We were denied access until 9:30pm. My son (6 years old) was only able to use the pool, his favorite thing to do at a hotel. for about a half hour before it was his bedtime. If you are looking at this hotel for the pool, look elsewhere. You won't know until arrival if they have the pool restricted to all guests during a "private party".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Heather C
Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had chosen this hotel for a halfway meeting place for us(from Md) and our d-in-law and grandson (from CT) to meet to share a visit during the long deployment of our Navy son, and went here probably 3 times over a period of a year. We had issues mainly with the use of the pool, which was one of the reasons we had chosen this particular hotel in the first place--it has a pretty indoor pool. HOWEVER!! The hotel seemed to have more interest in renting out the pool to various groups for 4 hour birthday or other parties--often for nearly the entire weekend. The pool is then thronged with screaming splashing usually uncontrolled and undisciplined children who use up all the towels, make a lake of the poolside and are there for the most of the hours of the day--and GUESTS are not allowed in, as the desk will tell one "they have rented the pool for a private party". I asked what the ad for the hotel meant by saying there was an indoor pool for guests if it was always rented and therefore, off limits for paying guests--and I was treated to a variety of nasty to indifferent to apologetic responses. We actually got to go into the pool before it closed at 10 one time--the partygoers left at 8 to do their screaming in the lobby!
Well, we tried once more to do a visit with our son included this time to try to sort of recreate the visits we had had when he was at sea---both families in 2 nice suites-which started out NOT ready at 2:45-and the woman at the desk was not at all pleasant. Not a good start...We went to early dinner and when we came back, the pool, at 7:30 pm, was full of ---screaming kids!! We had been told the current party--yes, they are still preventing regular guests from using the advertised pool instead, renting to outsiders for parties--had been scheduled till 6--when I asked at the desk, I got a new unpleasant woman (trained by the one from 3 pm?) to say-they have the pool till 10(when it closed). I asked when we were supposed to be able to use it-she responded they won't mind if you come in, I'm sure!! I suggested she walk down to the pool and just see if she would want to get in a pool full of shrieking uncontrolled darlings with mothers outside the door looking in--
We had about resigned ourselves to yet another waste of money and nonhelpful hotel desk when the little darlings decided to go eat cake--my son, daughter in law and grandson did get to use the pool for about 45 minutes in peace with one other hotel family who also had not been able to use the pool all evening. Then we discovered that "going to eat cake" actually meant, run uncontrolled up and down the halls, screaming, and run up and down the stairs from first to second floors --screaming--racing past people in the halls if you were unfortunate enough to be trying to actually walk in the hall to get to your room--
so, yes, I called the desk-who said they would check--It got was by now about 9:45 pm and it got later and louder and no better. I opened my door and asked 3 small --5 or 6 year olds- why they were running and screaming at nearly 10 pm? A door down the hall opened and a woman leaned out and yelled "is someone yelling at you?" --I replied "I just asked them why they were running and screaming at 10 pm"--She sputtered and said they were staying here too-so I shut the door and called the desk. I told them if they did not control the children and the parents in 10 minutes I would call the police. They assured us they would handle it-and apparently they did as it got and stayed very quiet after that. I GUARANTEE we will never return to that hotel--and I plan to cancel my Hilton card as they are riding the skirts of Hilton and Hilton should be ashamed of their association.
The rooms are clean-the pool starts out clean in the morning, the breakfast is average but is at least available and the former staff , when we were staying more frequently was lots more attentive and friendly. It had always been at least quiet before this time, but I suspect from the behavior of the party people, the parents were local and stayed over after the kids' party to drink!! That is not on the hotel but handling it better was.

Room Tip: Our best stay was on first floor in back, away from the traffic--unless there are loud neighbors!