“A great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my time here. I was traveling on business and I spent two nights at this hotel. I was very comfortable, slept well, and ate well. I would definitely recommend this hotel. In fact, I will be staying here again in October and November.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with the family while visiting to attend a wedding near by.

If you have to stay in this part of the world, you can't beat this hotel. I rarely gush over things, but we got a good rate by booking online with one of the internet special prices - no refunds, no alterations to the reservation. And everything was pretty much perfect.

Everything was good - check-in was smooth, the clerk commented that "your room will be quiet, just as you requested on the reservation", the place was clean, beds were comfortable, and the room was actually quiet even though it backed on to the elevator shaft. Front desk staff was cheerful and helpful when we asked for some help with directions and it seemed like they were actually happy to be at work there.

The breakfast with some hot dishes was good (OK, as good as it gets for this sort of set-up where it's all stuff that is either ready-to-eat or can be prepared without a full kitchen), no complaints there.

Check-out was great, fast, hand in the key and you're free to go.

Pool is big enough for kids to splash in, no one's going to be working out swimming laps in a pool that size but it's good to play in.

Keep in mind - the location is not tourist central, you're not about to go out the front door for some entertainment and excitement. But assuming you're arriving by car, it's close enough to the interstate to get on it quickly, but not so close that you have to look at it.

In summary - I wouldn't think twice about staying here again, I'd go straight here. Over the past few years I've stayed at several hotels in the northeast states and eastern Canada, but never a Hampton Inn - but I think I'll be looking for Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful night here. The hotel is set back from the road, making it very quiet. Our room with a king-size bed was a decent size. Everything was clean. All of the staff were very friendly and aware of the high reviews on Trip Advisor, and doing what they can to maintain that rating. They were also knowledgable about restaurants in the area. Eccola Italian restaurant is just a few miles away and was excellent.

The hotel has an indoor pool. The business center has two computers. Wireless connection from our room worked fine. There is plenty of parking. Our room rate was very reasonable. The breakfast buffet was extensive and typical of top-quality Hampton Inns.

This hotel fully met all of our needs and expectations for a high quality Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I travel frequently and this hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. From the cleanliness to the front desk people to the outstanding breakfast and all at a very reasonable price. Thanks Hampton for a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have never had bad luck with Hampton Inn, yet some are better than others. This was the nicest one that I have experienced. The continental breakfast is always a bonus, fresh fruit and yogurt on the fly. The only draw back is that is is not close to any Starbucks :(

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have stayed in many Hampton Inns but this one came as a completely unexpected and wonderful surprise. We had a King Suite and it was huge and looked brand new so possibly had been updated. Really contemporary decor, comfortable bed, super clean, quiet. Really efficient front desk. Seriously this was more like staying in a W Hotel. And incredibly good value!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I liked this hotel very much and will stay there again. We stopped here overnight after shopping at Woodbury Outlets before our final destination NYC. Everything was in new condition; breakfast was good with fresh doughnuts much appreciated. My only complaint is that the A/C (air condition) is on full blast everywhere especially in the main lobby. You literally need to wear a sweater to be comfortable in August in the lobby. I believe it is to cover up the order of whatever someone that lives and works there is cooking or something about the neighborhood. I describe it as a smell of beans and vinegar being cooked over a slow boil. For one night, it was bearable but I'm glad it was just a stopover stay and not a longer stay. It's quite disturbing, you will only understand it if you stay there yourself. Don't get me wrong, I will be back there someday on a future trip to Woodbury/NYC. But if you are somewhat sensitive to strange odors, do not go there otherwise it’s a great "newer" hotel.

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast, it gets quite busy after 8h00 a.m.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family