“MY favorite.”

Gourmet Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small 48 seat BYOB restaurant. Chef/Owner Matthew Pierone has been named to Best chefs America (BCA) list since 2013. He specializes in fresh, creative Italian cuisine and is known for his Pork chops, fish and bread pudding. Outstanding customer service is a main focus at the Gourmet Cafe.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love the food and the hospitality of the owner, Matt. This restaurant is my favorite in Parsippqny. I did once have a problem with seating arrangements.

MatthewP P, Owner at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello Jeanette,
It’s always great to see you. Thanks for your positive feedback and for liking us on FaceBook! By the way you can request a “wall table” or “away from the door” when you make your reservation and we will do our best to accommodate.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a very special restaurant! The ownership and service staff are warm, friendly and very gracious. The Chef/Owner, Matt Pierone is a wonderful host and an excellent chef. He treats each guest like they are old friends without unduly inserting himself into your meal. His menu changes as he gets new and better ideas for the best food products he can find. He has a natural understanding of tastes, textures and ingredients. Besides serving delicious and plentiful dishes, the entire staff are well trained in the nuances of the various selections on the menu and in causing the guest to feel like appreciated and respected friends. The prices are reasonable and affordable.besides being a BYO. It would be a great challenge to find a better place to spend a few hours. The new paintings on the wall really add to the atmosphere in a very positive way.

Wow, what else can I say but THANKS and YOU are the man! Glad you noticed the new artwork.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went with friends who recommended the place. A great find. Food is outstanding. Double cut pork chop giambotta is to die for, smothered with onions, sausage ( a lot of it ), potatoes, mushrooms, etc. Pastas are fantastic....capellini with broccoli rabe and shrimp as well as the orechiette dish are two of the best. Desserts leave nothing to be desired. And they serve the hottest cup of cappucino anywhere!

Staff is pleasant and friendly, striking up conversations, and the chef/owner Matthew knows whats going on at all times....he visits each table throughout the experience.

Looks like I'm gonna become a regular!

Excellent food, reasonably price and byob

Aldo, Thanks for visiting with us and for taking the time to write some kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went here for a girlfriend's birthday on a Tuesday evening and was so happy, I returned with my family on Friday!
On my first experience, I was pleasantly surprised when told the kitchen would be happy to make any dish in any style I wished-love that freedom! They had a special of strawberry bass (refers to color, not flavor) and I asked for it to be made Francaise style. It was fabulous! The other two had salmon (blackened) and orange glazed salmon which they both said was excellent. The service was friendly and accommodating.
Our return trip on Friday was excellent as well. DH had the scallop appetizer and I had the caesar salad. Both delicious. I had the chicken francaise, DH had the Orecchiette pasta with lobster and shrimp, daughter has four cheese ravioli. All were fantastic.
Dessert was even better-daughter had the Godiva covered chocolate gellato, DH had the Flute Limoncello, and I had the Coppa Caffe. while I am not usually a dessert eater, I am glad I tried it! Was so good, I found a source a bit closer to home!
I definitely will be back ( especially when they have Arctic Char in the house!)

Hi Roni,
It was great to have you with us twice in one week and nice to meet your family. I am so glad you enjoyed your visits. Please check our web site to view the specials as we do offer the Arctic Char periodically. Thank you!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The restaurant is sooo close to being very, very good. BUT they just miss. The food is well priced and is nicely creative at times, but then just falls short. For example the veal scallopini and artichokes was well prepared with a whole portobello cap as a base, but the sauce was an ordinary brown sauce where most restaurants would find a white wine based sauce and the roasted potatoes and carrot sides were uninspired. Now, the sharable special salad with manchego and cashews was beautifully dressed. The service while pleasant needs to be a bit more structured and formal to raise the rating. The BYO policy also makes this place attractive.

MatthewP P, Owner at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for dining with us and for giving us valuable feedback. We look forward to serving you again.