“First time and we'll be back!”

Gourmet Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Parsippany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small 48 seat BYOB restaurant. Chef/Owner Matthew Pierone has been named to Best chefs America (BCA) list since 2013. He specializes in fresh, creative Italian cuisine and is known for his Pork chops, fish and bread pudding. Outstanding customer service is a main focus at the Gourmet Cafe.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went there for a belated Valentine's day dinner. And since I had a gift certificate from Restaurant.com, we opted to give this restaurant a try. It's a BYOB to boot. What's not to like?

We had the mussels for appetizer, the sauce was good to the last drop although we will ask for Fra Diavolo next time. I had the veal capelloni, it was tender and tasty. My boyfriend had the spinach ravioli and it was also devine. We shared the bread pudding for dessert, and it was also great! My boyfriend said he had never eaten such good Italian food and I agree.

The atmosphere is friendly and the chef and wait staff would converse with you. I think best night to go is Sunday night or Monday through Thursday where it is not as crowded and you can sit there to enjoy good food, wine and company. We even conversed with other patrons sitting next to us.

From the outside, you would never have thought that there is such gourmet food (other than the name of the restaurant) inside.

MatthewP P, Manager at Gourmet Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your first time here at the Gourmet Cafe! We are excited to have you back!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I met two friends for dinner at the Gourmet Cafe. We had never been there before but the Cafe was recommended to one of my friends. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and the time flew by. The food was delicious--if you are a mussels marinara fan, don't miss these. Salads were very good--nice presentation and reasonable as were the entrees. The chef came out into the dining room and asked how our food was, etc. Very nice touch. It's a BYOB so grab your wine and enjoy Gourmet Cafe.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The first time I visited this restaurant the experiecnce was good but not what I expected. The food and service were good but not great. It might have been because it was very busy or just an off night. So i decided to give it another shot and was very pleasantly surprised.
Friday night, pretty busy, made a phone call to see if there were any free tables, they said yes we can seat you. Arrived in 10 min and were swifly escorted to a table waiting for us, How Cool!! We ordered appitizers which were excellent, the entree was first rate. Strawberry Bass with a spice crust, really really good!!! Dessert was homemade and first rate.
Spent about 2.5 hrs eating and then talking to the Chef / Owner Pat and his staff,
Gourmet Cafe has made it to my list of regular eateries that I will go back with friends and family.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went on a recommendation of a friend and were happy we did! We were thrilled they would take a reservation for 2, not many restaurants do. The service was excellent. The food was really good, large portions. Very friendly and comfortable. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a really good BYOB.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

A great menu that reminds me of my time in Italy, and the tastes are right on point too. Great value due to huge portion sizes so you will never leave hungry. Excellent service with a personal touch from the owner who even gave us a ride home after our meal! Plus, you can bring your own booze! If ever a restaurant deserves a 5/5 rating, it's Gourmet Cafe.