“Nice hotel, but the beds will cripple you”

Park Ridge Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
Reviewed November 29, 2010

As a typical Marriott, this hotel is a nice facility -- indoor pool, restaurant, bar, etc. etc. -- all the comforts and amenities that you have come to expect from the Marriott flagship brand.

I will never stay there again.

It's all over the bedding. The beds are so soft, when you lay down, you virtually disappear inside the fluffy mattress and down mattress cover. Now, if you like unusually soft beds, you're in the right place.

On the other hand, if you require any firmness whatsoever in your mattress for a good night's sleep, then welcome to mattress hell. My wife and I both woke up at 2am with aching backs, which lacked any sort of support on this pillow-type mattresses.

I spent the night on the sleeper sofa, which gave my back some support.

By the way, spoke to hotel management -- the mattresses are only three years old and according to them, many of the guests seem to prefer this style of firmness.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My one night stay at this hotel was a-ok. It was quiet, comfortable, clean. The only negative was that there was no wi-fi available!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The service at this hotel, was beyond mediocre. After checkout my credit card was charged an additional $400.00. The manager of the hotel said that we were smoking in the room, basing this on smelling smoke in the hallway the previous day. Then when asked to see proof, she said she could just smell it, and had no tangible proof. This was by far the worst night of my life.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Bridget161
ChrisColesMarriott, General Manager at Park Ridge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for speaking with my assistant last night regarding your recent stay here at the Park Ridge Marriott. Your feedback is important to us and I appreciate the time you have taken to communicate your concerns.

In reference to the smoking charge, all Marriott International Properties have gone to a smoke free policy since April of 2008. There is a significant room recovery fee for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost for restoring the room to a smoke-free condition. However, in order to accommodate the needs of guests who smoke, we do offer special designated smoking areas outside the building.

The Park Ridge Marriott is committed to a smoke-free policy and as discussed, our fee is $250.00. I did investigate the matter and you were charged $250.00 due to the fact that there was evidence that there was smoking in the guest room. We do have in-room collateral that reflects our ongoing commitment to our smoke-free policy as well as on the key packets that you receive at check-in quoting the $250.00 fee.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel and for giving me the chance to respond back to your comments.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Was booked to stay two nights - only stayed one. Standard room with fridge that looked like it had been thrown off the roof and then placed in the room, bed was too soft, noise from pool filter disturbed sleep, and breakfast buffet was stone cold even though we arrived as the restauant opened. Will not recommend or stay here again !

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay here at the Park Ridge Marriott. I appreciate your comments and recognize the importance of your feedback in improving hotel operations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

You can rest assured that I have reviewed your comments with the appropriate department heads in an effort to resolve these issues so that no other guest will be similarly inconvenienced.

We value your business and I do hope you will give us another chance so that we may have an opportunity to provide you with the type of service that one has come to know and expect from Marriott. Please contact me directly at (201) 307-0800, if I can be of any assistance to you now or in the future.

Thank you once again for posting this review and for giving me the opportunity to be able to respond back to your comments.

Chris Coles

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel was ok for a short stay - nothing fancy. I stayed for business and it was ok. They have a small area open 24 hours where you can get a snack or soda. The restaurant was not the best. Rooms were clean - standard Marriott layout.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2010

stayed one night after a wedding. Staff is friendly, very helpful and accommodating. We were fortunate to stay on the 4th floor Concierge Level which included Concierge Lounge access for breakfast. The rooms were clean but small. It had a desk, king bed and a chair and ottoman. Surprisingly, it did NOT have a mini bar, small fridge, LCD TV, safe or a make-up mirror. Also, there was a small coffee pot for a single cup but no filters, coffee or tea bags for hot water. Fortunately, there was coffee and tea in the lounge.
We did not see a business center, and did not have time to use the indoor pool.
Platinum members received free wi-fi using their own laptop.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed one night at this hotel with my husband while we were in town for a wedding. The bride and groom had picked it for their wedding hotel. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The room was nicely renovated and the bed was extremely comfortable. My favorite thing about this hotel was the pool, since the day we were there was very hot.

Cons: We had a room that faced the inside "courtyard" and restuarant. We were also near the elevator. The result: even with the light curatin on, I could still see people walking down the hall from the elevator and they, presumambly, could see me. This was an issue when we were changing for the pool.

The other problem with the "courtyard" facing room was light. We had the dark shades closed in the morning and it was pitch black. Even with those open it was still dark. I like a lot of light in the morning. My recommendation- ask for an outside facing room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!