All reviewsirish pubthe concierge loungebusiness hotelnice hotelnorthern njfront desk staffthe indoor outdoor poolnew jerseywest pointrecently stayed herelobby barwooded areabreakfast buffetrecent staybusiness tripwoodcliff lakewedding
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I've stayed at this Marriott hotel for over 10 years due to it's proximity to a client location. They have come a very long way with remodeling their 4th floor rooms, along with recent changes to the lobby area, and nifty lighting changes to the open area. The courtyard nearby is a very decent alternative if you don't need the full service of a Marriott hotel.

Here is my biggest issue. Over the past 10 years, I have noticed that 85% of the time the hotel sliding glass door is left unlocked AND the security bar is left OFF! Now they have four floors, so this may not be a major issue on the forth floor, but in two different stays I found the ground floor sliding door unlocked upon checkin. I reported it to management many years ago, but obviously nothing was done as I once again found the same issue on a visit this month (on the 4th floor) and many other times in 2009. I have no idea how a hotel would allow this to go on for so long, and see no logical reason for their cleaning staff to leave these doors unlocked.

I simply check the door immediately upon check-in now as a routine. I gave up on complaining to local mangement, but decided to let people know of this issue by posting a review.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wishlistv5
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We had a pleasant stay at the Park Ridge Marriott over this last weekend -- we were in town for a wedding. The wedding rate was reasonable. Very comfortable room. The location was mixed - I'm not a great fan of a corporate office park, but there are some stands of woods around, and access to the Garden State Parkway was easy. Breakfasts were a bit pricey. It was a very busy weekend, so some noise from the parking lot as large busses pulled in and out. Stein's deli on the other side of the parkway is a great alternative to the breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This is a big, old style, glitzy marriott, replete with indoor/outdoor pool, atrium restaurant and glass covered walkways. We were happy to have our dogs welcomed and the desk even put us in a quiet wing far away from some really noisy guests. The hotel is well off the Parkway in a nice landscaped office park, and each room has a private balcony. The rooms have been repainted and seem fairly clean, while there are updated sinks and fixtures. The restaurant offers a fairly expensive morning buffet, but it is extensive. Nothing really to complain about here at all, Staff seemed nice. Some of the restaurant staff have no English.

Free internet at the terminals in the lobby, otherwise get out your credit card. Want a nice pizza? Go about a mile to Phil's restaurant on Chestnut Ridge Road in Montvale.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My stay was for two nights, whilst on a business trip. The hotel is situated quite near the expressway in Northern NJ, about 30 minutes from Newark. The surrounding area has little to offer, but i can't imagine that many holidaymakers will find themselves in this area. My room was on the 3rd floor, which looked like it had undergone some recent decoration. I was there on a Sunday / Monday so had no issues with noise as some other reviewes have mentioned. There were plenty of signs asking people to be quiet so perhapss this is a recurring issue at other times. The front desk was when needed quite helpful so no issues there. The gym is fairly small, but ok for a short workout. The bar styles itself on an irish theme, quite why is a mystery. However, it was ok for a couple of beers and something to eat whilst watching sports on it's two widescreens. My only gripe was with breakfast, which at just under $20 for a basic offering is more than a little steep. Overall though it would be churlish to complain about my stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Kids were running through the halls, banging on doors, late at night--I called security--kids continued their behavior. In the morning, I saw a tampon was pasted onto the door---I spoke to the front desk--they said the tampon would be removed. 5 hours later, it was still there and I walked the security agent to the door who then had it removed.

I asked the desk for the phone # to lodge a complaint--they gave me the wrong number. When I called the right number, they directed me to their voice mail--and never returned my call. No more Marriotts for me.

Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family