“Function, and a bit of form”

Park Ridge Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. This part of New Jersey is beautiful, and the grounds fit in nicely. There is a pond out in front, and a little brook which runs under the walkway in the front. Check in was quick and nice, and they even had little nibbles at the front desk. Everything was clean and well decorated.

The room was typical Marriott. Clean, functional, nice bed and comforter, newish television, good wi fi.

My favorite part of the hotel is the Irish pub. Big bar, lots of televisions, good service. All good!

I liked it, and would not hesitate to stay again, even if I had to drive a bit out if the way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bagoda1

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Restaurant (Irish Pub knock-off) could have better beer selection and food choices. Beds are comfy with plenty of pillows and options. Rooms are clean. Showers are great with good pressure. Not half bad.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NickP9244TG
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a review of our most recent stay at this Park Ridge New Jersey Marriott full service Hotel.
After, a rocky start, things started to improve.
When we reached our room, we observed no soap in the bathroom, neither facial nor bath.
I called At Your service and was assured that the missing articles would be delivered promptly.
After waiting for twenty minutes, I rode down to reception and was given soap. Later, housekeeping did deliver two handsoaps to our room.

We were attending a week-end family function including many meals in the various restaurants and ballrooms. The food was generally good and the service excellent. We were 125 guests and I will say that A good time was had by all!

Room Tip: We were in room 342' a very noisy location. One door away from the elevator corridor. This a ve...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy105
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years since I stayed here. I'd forgotten they nickle and dime you to death. Wifi.....extra, wired internet....extra. Seriously? Charging for internet is like charging to sit by the pool....costs them nothing and just another way to take money out of your wallet. The food at breakfast was good and the service good but $25 for me and my 5 year old son to have breakfast is highway robbery. That was just a simple breakfast, not even the buffet.

It'll be a long time before I stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank djpboston
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed here before and it was noisy and the front desk staff were not inviting nor accommodating. We chose this place again as it was convenient, and it has been clean and the restaurant in the hotel is really great. This time I was very pleasantly surprised at how inviting the staff was and quiet the rooms was even though the hotel was quite full.
Would recommend for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the back part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MargieAnnB
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I will first say that my stay did not start off great. My room was not ready until 5:30 and the room they gave me was not cleaned. Was then moved to a different room that was ready. The room was decent. Pretty clean and spacious. The hotel staff was very nice and the food was excellent. This was a business trip so I thought they accomodated us well. Very easy to find and close to highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hdogiakis
Reviewed September 9, 2013

You can tell this hotel has been here awhile. Its a fairly standard Marriott really. Everyone seems to complain that its dated and needs a full overhaul. It does, but do you really spend that much time in the hallways and in the lobby? I haven't been down to breakfast but the pricing on it seems a little high for what most hotels charge. The bar here is decent. Nothing too exciting really. The pool is supposed to be heated but doesn't seem to be. The hottub is the only thing worth going in. Nice and hot, but the jets are on a 15 minute timer. Really? Not even 30?

Technology has problems here. The wireless seems to have a fairly strong signal everywhere, but the quality of the service is laughable at best. 12.95 and 16.95 a day. The 16.95 a day is supposed to be the faster, good for video conferencing, and VPN and all that. Its not. Trying to do a Skype meeting is a job. I can see them, but they can only seem me. We tried this with another video chat program and it couldnt connect. The connection also seems to be routed through a central data center in Iowa. Unable to connect to company VPN through Citrix. Asked the front desk and she looked at her screan and opened a webpage and said its working just fine. Sure. Google cached always works well.

The other downside is your cell phone. This place is a blackhole for cell coverage. I have both a Verizon and an ATT Iphone 5's. Both are at best 1 bar of signal in the room, and 2 bars in the hallway on the 4th floor. If you manage to make a call, walking out through the lobby once you hit the automatic doors your call will drop. Everytime.

If you travel alot or have kids and bring game systems, don't bother unpacking them. The HDMI ports and all other AV ports are disabled. I work, get dinner then want to relax and watch a movie from my laptop on the TV. Spent 2 hours with the hotel staff trying to figure it out. We learned you have to be in rooms 400 to 429 and have the Jet Pack in order to do anything. This level is the concierge level and these rooms will cost you more. Everyone I talked with agreed that this limitation is stupid and all the TVs should be unlocked.

Not a bad hotel, just an older one struggling to make it in a high tech world.

Room Tip: All my rooms seemed quiet. Only time I heard alot of noise was from a weekend of large wedding peopl...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!