“Be ready to pay extra for everything.”

Park Ridge Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Be ready to pay extra for everything.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

It's been a few years since I stayed here. I'd forgotten they nickle and dime you to death. Wifi.....extra, wired internet....extra. Seriously? Charging for internet is like charging to sit by the pool....costs them nothing and just another way to take money out of your wallet. The food at breakfast was good and the service good but $25 for me and my 5 year old son to have breakfast is highway robbery. That was just a simple breakfast, not even the buffet.

It'll be a long time before I stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank djpboston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed here before and it was noisy and the front desk staff were not inviting nor accommodating. We chose this place again as it was convenient, and it has been clean and the restaurant in the hotel is really great. This time I was very pleasantly surprised at how inviting the staff was and quiet the rooms was even though the hotel was quite full.
Would recommend for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the back part of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MargieAnnB
Melville, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I will first say that my stay did not start off great. My room was not ready until 5:30 and the room they gave me was not cleaned. Was then moved to a different room that was ready. The room was decent. Pretty clean and spacious. The hotel staff was very nice and the food was excellent. This was a business trip so I thought they accomodated us well. Very easy to find and close to highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hdogiakis
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2013

You can tell this hotel has been here awhile. Its a fairly standard Marriott really. Everyone seems to complain that its dated and needs a full overhaul. It does, but do you really spend that much time in the hallways and in the lobby? I haven't been down to breakfast but the pricing on it seems a little high for what most hotels charge. The bar here is decent. Nothing too exciting really. The pool is supposed to be heated but doesn't seem to be. The hottub is the only thing worth going in. Nice and hot, but the jets are on a 15 minute timer. Really? Not even 30?

Technology has problems here. The wireless seems to have a fairly strong signal everywhere, but the quality of the service is laughable at best. 12.95 and 16.95 a day. The 16.95 a day is supposed to be the faster, good for video conferencing, and VPN and all that. Its not. Trying to do a Skype meeting is a job. I can see them, but they can only seem me. We tried this with another video chat program and it couldnt connect. The connection also seems to be routed through a central data center in Iowa. Unable to connect to company VPN through Citrix. Asked the front desk and she looked at her screan and opened a webpage and said its working just fine. Sure. Google cached always works well.

The other downside is your cell phone. This place is a blackhole for cell coverage. I have both a Verizon and an ATT Iphone 5's. Both are at best 1 bar of signal in the room, and 2 bars in the hallway on the 4th floor. If you manage to make a call, walking out through the lobby once you hit the automatic doors your call will drop. Everytime.

If you travel alot or have kids and bring game systems, don't bother unpacking them. The HDMI ports and all other AV ports are disabled. I work, get dinner then want to relax and watch a movie from my laptop on the TV. Spent 2 hours with the hotel staff trying to figure it out. We learned you have to be in rooms 400 to 429 and have the Jet Pack in order to do anything. This level is the concierge level and these rooms will cost you more. Everyone I talked with agreed that this limitation is stupid and all the TVs should be unlocked.

Not a bad hotel, just an older one struggling to make it in a high tech world.

Room Tip: All my rooms seemed quiet. Only time I heard alot of noise was from a weekend of large wedding peopl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuckeypyro
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were there as a part of a wedding and stayed two nights. We somehow expected the rooms to be smaller, being close to New York, but were pleasantly surprised. The breakfast buffet is not free but was excellent. There is a nice area to walk around. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank foodman1
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was part of the bridal party for my brother's wedding last week, and the preparations & after-party took place at the Park Ridge Marriott. The Bridal Suite was spacious, clean & pretty; great for pictures & plenty of room for the makeup artist to work her magic.

The General Manager went above & beyond to ensure our satisfaction, though I can't say the same for all of the front desk staff.

The bridal party then stayed in other rooms after the wedding and I have to say that the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever stayed in!

The only thing I did not like about the hotel was that I was given a room with windows overlooking the lobby; as such, there was no natural light.

Room Tip: Request a room with windows to the outdoors, otherwise you have no natural light & your room wil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaniC4590
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel very quiet with lots of cozy places to sit and relax. We enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and our room was very comfortable. Staff helped us choose a nearby diner which was great and everyone was very attentive to our needs. The "country" feel of the location of this Marriott was an added bonus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!