“Nice, clean, comfortable”

Park Ridge Marriott
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Park Ridge
“Nice, clean, comfortable”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here four nights as a result of no power due to hurricane. Room was very clean comfortable with roomy bathroom. Housekeeping was great, room service was also quick and tasty. My kids loved the pool which was very well maintained. Overall I'd stay here again any time the need arises.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great, reliable hotel. Make sure you request a room with an outside window. Many rooms have windows facing inward overlooking the restaurants. People in the common area can look up and see you in your drawls.

The rooms are comfy and the area is quiet. I great retreat after long business days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed with a wedding party here for two nights. The room was a standard room - clean, comfortable, spacious. The amenities were nice but we didn't take advantage of them so I can't comment. The location is a bit "out there" but very pretty and well kept.

The staff at the wedding itself, though - wow, they were not very nice! Most of the waiters were rude and grumpy, the staff banged down everything he would place in front of you, and just overall, it was a not-so-nice experience. We had not provoked the staff in any way - we were sober, polite, and happy - not sure why they were so upset!

As a hotel guest alone, I would have given them 4 stars. However, the staff at the wedding were so awful I bumped it down by one star.

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite at this hotel is GORGEOUS - highly recommend!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful grounds, 1st rate room and amenities, reasonable room rate but watch out for the extras: $13 bucks a day for in-room wifi (free in the lobby), $16 for a glass of wine in the bar (I buy the whole bottle for $20 at home), $25 hot breakfast buffet, $15 cold.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard H
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Want a good night’s sleep away from home? DO NOT stay here. My family was put in a room above an outside smoking area - on a Friday night. Not only did I not get any sleep, but the drunk, racist conversation to which I was subjected scared the be-jeezus out'a me. After two phone calls and a visit to the front desk it was 2:30 in the morning. Snooky stopped chewing her gum long enough to assure us that no one was outside. It was all in our heads, but "you can have another room, if ya want."

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie M
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Overall, pretty good stay. My lovely assistant and I stayed here for a wedding and the bed was super comfy, room was clean, and they have a bar onsite that's open until 2 am. Pool area seemed legit, though we didn't get a chance to partake.

No free wifi, though, which is a complete bummer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband & I were here for his military reunion. It was a good choice as there were over 200 people attending. We had a room in the back which was very quiet. It had a king size bed, a sofa bed, 2 sm. night stands, 1 dresser, a flat screen TV and a large desk area that contained a lot of outlets. Our bathroom had 1 sink, a tub with shower & a hairdryer. We were provided with only 1 small bar of soap that was at the sink. So we had to call for a bar to have in the shower and they responded quickly. The room also had an iron, ironing board, coffee maker but no safe. The room was clean and the personnel were very friendly. Cost for the internet was $12.95 per day.

I gave the hotel a 4 star rating but it could be a 5 if a few issues were addressed. The first has to do with our checkin. When we arrived, there was only 1 porter working and he was busy helping another customer. So we had to wait. The system was slow & we were not offered a dolly so we could take our own luggage. Another item was the in-room coffee machine. There were only 2 individual pods of coffee in our room - one regular & one decaf. For a room for 2 people, there should be 2 of each. Our first morning my husband was up at 5:30 am & he had the regular coffee. I woke up soon after and was hoping to make a cup of regular but found we had no more regular coffee. It's not something I wanted to deal with early in the morning. When housekeeping replenished the pods, we never got more than 1 of each. Third, we checked in on a Wed. & stayed for 4 nights. Some of the mornings, we noticed that coffee was provided in the lobby but not every morning. Also on some days, pitchers of water were provided but not everyday. Our notepad ran out too but no replacement received. Having to request items like the notepad, coffee & soap is fine occassionally but not everyday & that's what we were doing.

A classmate of my husband's who is a higher status Marriott member did not receive a newspaper as he has at other Marriotts. When he asked, he was told he had to request one. It would be nice to know some of these items at check-in.

I had breakfast at the restaurant my first morning & ordered the oatmeal. It was good. The service was on the slow side. There is a breakfast buffet for about $19.95. I was hoping to find other restaurants for breakfast in the area & inquired at the front desk. I was given a local map which was very helpful . They recommended the Park Ridge Diner which was maybe 1 1/2 - 2 miles away. The food was good & reasonably priced.

We did have a good stay. We did not get to use the pool but it looked really inviting. Also noticed there was a hot tub & a workout room.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for a map of the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
#2 of 5 in Nanuet
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Park Ridge Marriott? Share your experiences!