“Rude Staff.”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Rude Staff.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice or three times (no Groupon). My last physical visit was about a year and a half ago. I always come with my girlfriend. It is a very small facility - no jacuzzis, lounging in plush robes, dim lights w magazines, or other amenities one expects at a spa. The showers and bathroom are dismal and are never properly stocked with both shampoo and conditioner. I do like that they let you use the pool for a while in the summer if you buy a service. Based on previous experiences, I would have given a 3. The massages thwmselves were good, and Aveda oils are just great.
Based on today's experiences via phone, it goes down to a 1.5 (I'm being generous with a two).
My 30th Birthday is next week. my mom, who lives in California surprised me with a Groupon deal for the spa, which would include a massage and facial. I was excited and called to book for the weekend after my birthday. Although it states on Groupon that they 'suggest' you make your visit at the same time, it's not just a suggestion. They require it, which can make scheduling more difficult. After finding an open slot, I mentioned I thought I had been there before (I wasn't sure if it was the same hotel/spa). Immediately, the woman said if I had been, I couldn't use the Groupon or would have to pay an extra 40. I explained it was a gift from someone who didn't know, and that I didn't want to pay for something that the other person wanted to be a gift. With tips, I would end up paying 70 for it. Basically, she said too bad. I called my mother and explained what happened and she agreed it was supposed to be a gift. However, before getting a refund, she decided to call and see if they would be generous enough to make an exception to their rule (Hilton Woodcliff Lake and other local spas do). The front desk girl yelled at my mother, a woman who has been in marketing/customer service management for twenty years, telling her there is no way they'd make an exception as they don't make any money off Groupons. So this girl is saying that the 1000+ services they have sold have been a loss to them? Right... We cancelled and booked a different Groupon and I will never go back. My girlfriend and I will be rejuvenating elsewhere - a place with less rude staff and better facilities.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank nickib983

Demarest, N.J.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“This is not a " SPA "”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

When you think hotel spa with pool you vision locker room, sauna, steam, changing facilities and other amenities. What a let down. There is none of that. Yes there is a pool full of kids taking swim lessons who then go in to the bathroom to shower where you are. That is the spa. It has a tiny shower 2 bathroom stalls and maybe 6 tiny lockers. Awful. The massage however was good. I would never go back.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank NikiC
New York, NY
“Great Massage Subscription”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ask Botanical Spa about their Massage Subscription Plan - it is the main reason my wife and I stay at the Park Ridge Marriott. We figured we will always get massages on a frequent basis anyway, why not do it in an easy and affordable way? I like deep-tissue massages and the folks at Botanical have never let me down...

Visited January 2013
Orlando
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Massage!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a sports massage the day after running a marathon. Urszula (from Poland) was FANTASTIC. Very aware of post-marathon muscle soreness issues. Very engaged to ensure the pressure was right. A great experience.

Visited January 2013