“What's the Problem?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus

and 1 more site!
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Paramus)   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“What's the Problem?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed there last night, for one night. Then tonight I read the picky reviews going over this and that. True, its not as fancy as other Crowne Plazas I have stayed at. I called the front desk when I woke up to ask if there was a free breakfast and they said "no" and then I read in one of the reviews that they like the free breakfast. I wonder what that was about. The rooms were tasteful, bedding was excellent with a big body pillow and lovely linens. Clean and spotless. A great desk with all kinds of plugs, wonderful arm chair and foot thingie. Really nice upholstery. The bulding isn't new but the room felt like nobody had ever been there before. The shower was great and the soaps and lotions and shampoo were top quality and smelled great. I wondered where I could buy that soap, I liked it so much. The windows actually open. It was a cool summer night and it was great to sleep with fresh air instead of airconditioning (which I did NOT find noisy).

My only criticism is that the internet was really slow and that there was no room service. The Bone Fish Grill, adjacent to the restaurant stops serving at 10pm and there was no provision for any food except for snack machine and Domino's Pizza delivery which I would rather go hungry than eat.

I felt really comfortable and well rested and for the price (I booked on hotwire and paid only $75) it was great.

Room Tip: The halls are really long so it might be more convenient to get a room by the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Aaron R

Burlington, Vermont, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here with a wedding block this past weekend. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Beware the entrance to the hotel with a full bell cart can be challenging as it is an uphill climb and very narrow! They also do not have an elevator, so if you have a lot of stuff ask for a room on the first floor.

Hotel is older, but they have made some improvements, the rooms are nice, feel newer than they are and plenty of amenities including a bedtime aromatherapy spray which I thought was a nice touch. The bed linens were cozy, but the mattress was a bit hard.

The air conditioning unit was quite loud, but thankfully with all the dancing we did I fell right asleep. If you are a light sleeper I would be wary.

They provided a complimentary shuttle to and from the wedding venue which was fantastic (although it seemed the A/C in the van was broken).

Breakfast the next day was great, lots of fruit, pastries, eggs, bacon, juice and coffee and even though I was a bit late, they made me feel welcome and allowed me to grab just a few items.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HTravel84
Orleans, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Choose this location because it was near an event we were attending. Pleasantly surprised. It was a typical HI hotel. Had some resent improvements. Front desk was personable. Room was clean and typical. AC is always too noisy in these hotels. Rate was reasonable, taxes too high. Breakfast was good, server did expect a tip but the "free" breakfast was worth it. Location is excellent if traveling the Garden State Parkway. Great seafood restaurant next door as well as a food court at the mall....all within walking distance. I was surprised to read previous reviews, that was not our experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Maureen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Nancy J, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the Bonefish Grill and our breakfast.
I hope that if you are in the area you will choose to stay with us again and have a "Next Visit"
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Red Bank, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'm surprised this hotel is rated so well. This condition of this property wasn't good for me. At best, it should be a Holiday Inn, and it certainly doesn't meet the expectation of a 3.5 star Crowne Plaza. I've actually stayed in nicer Holiday Inn Expresses. It's very shabby. The design and the rooms didn't match what one would expect from a Crowne Plaza. It's two levels and without an elevator, so it probably was originally built to be a budget property. The rooms were small. On a positive note, the attached restaurant/bar was excellent. I had limited interaction with staff, but they seemed nice enough. I would avoid this property in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank csj81
Maureen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Bonefish Grill Restaurant at the hotel. I am very sorry that you did not feel we are up to the Crowne Plaza standards. We continually try to improve on our deficiencies and we are very proud of our committment to excellent customer service,
Thank you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I'm here at the hotel now and had to write the review.

We arrived late at night to our room. There were hairs everywhere in the bathroom tub, floor and toilet. Dust everywhere.

We went to the front desk and we got another room which we are in now. No surprise there are hairs here in the bathrooms and on the sheets which are inside out. If we didn't have a 2.5 hour drive to do at 1am we would have left immediately. There is no point in going back to the front desk only to get anther dirty room.

It's just plain disgusting here. As soon as we get even just a few hours of sleep, we're outta here. We don't even want the free breakfast they gave us. I can only imagine how dirty the kitchen is based on what I have to sleep in now.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jennlynn79
Maureen M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I am so deeply sorry that our cleanliness standards were not met on your recent stay. It is very disappointing to me that your bathroom was not properly cleaned. I have reviewed your comments with the leadership of our housekeeping and I can assure you that corrective measures have been put into place to prevent such issues from occurring in the future. It is our sincere hope that you will not let this incident prevent you from giving us another opportunity to show you that this was an unfortunate isolated issue.
Should your travels bring you back to our area, please contact me directly so that I may be able to assist you with your reservations.
Again, I am very sorry.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

On top of the fact that the hotel had no closet (which I've never encountered in a hotel before), the housekeeping staff threw out a large bag of medical supplies. We complained to the front desk, they, of course, did nothing. it wasn't until we checked out that I discovered that my narcotic pain medication was in the bag, which led me to suspect that they stole the meds and threw away the bag to cover it up (there truly being no other reason to throw away a large bag of medical supplies still in the box). Two more attempts to contact the corporate office were met with deaf ears. Avoid this hotel if at all possible. If it's not possible, leave your valuables and your medications at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kirsten F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Kirsten F,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

If you stay at this hotel, you're right in the heart of Bergen County's shopping complex, which is more than a mall, it's a whole collection of malls with top name stores.

I suspect that's a primary reason for people staying there. Otherwise, it's a standard hotel with standard rooms, for standard prices. There's nothing wrong with it, so if you are in Paramus for some serious shopping, you might as well be there as anywhere else.

Being located on Route 17, it's also a good commute by bus or car to Manhattan, about 25 minutes away.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Marriott Saddle Brook
Marriott Saddle Brook
#1 of 3 in Saddle Brook
4.0 of 5 stars 270 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!