“A Good Stay”

La Quinta Inn Paramus
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Once again we stayed at the La Quinta in Paramus, NJ. The place smelled nice and clean. We checked in quickly. The place appeared and smelled so nice and clean that I actually asked what they used to clean LOL.
The room was clean and what we needed for our short stay. We really like this place and feel comfortable here (that's probably attributed to our staying here 3 or 4 times now). We're not concerned with housekeeping because sometimes it upsets the dogs. So, if we need anything I'll just go to the front desk and ask for it. There was no problem with that.
I ran into others staying here and they were very nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2012

As I tend to travel to North Jersey very frequently, this LQ is my go-to hotel, as it has a great location, very reasonable price, and decent rooms. If you've stayed at other LQs, it isn't a modern one, and lacks some of the newer amenities, but the fitness room is more than adequate and the breakfast is traditional LQ fare.

The front desk staff is absolutely amazing, especially since I am a frequent visitor, anything I need is taken care of.

The only downsides are that on some Saturday Nights parking can be a bear with the Hooters next door, the alarm at the Land Rover dealer can go off for hours on end, and there's no pool, like at the Clifton location.

If you go in, expecting a decent room at a great rate, you'll get it, if you expect the world for ~$100 a night, you'll be severely disappointed.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms along the back are partially below ground. I don't have a problem with it...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My love and I went to La Quinta to spend some quality time together. The room was huge and comfortable. The staff was very nice and the bathroom was clean. The housekeeping staff cleaned the room thoroughly and on time. The only complaint is the complimentary breakfast could have been alittle better. They did offer waffles, that you make yourself but, that is the only highlight as far as breakfast goes. We still had a great time and have stayed there twice. Good value!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Good night's sleep, good quality for a reasonable price. Quiet, easy access to highway and local shops. Allows pets, which is a plus when traveling with dogs. Very clean, housekeeping staff did a good job of cleaning room while we were out. Temperature control worked well. We were traveling due to a death in the family, and had had no power back home for 4 days because of a snowstorm, so the heat and hot water were most welcome. Maybe this slanted our view of this place. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: With pets, ground floor is always nicer, especially at the rear of the building.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kbt4me
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Stayed for 9 nights during our No Power after a freak snow storm on Oct 29. Place is absolutely a dump, front desk was excellent and the price was reasonable (we did not know if our Home Insurance will cover it) but the room is terrible - stained carpets, dark not enough lights, batroom is just ok. WE were both working at this time but my major complain is the Breakfast (free). From all my travels (even in another La Quinta in Dallas) I never saw such I a bad selection (sunday we went to Suburbuan Diner across the Route 17 this was real breakfast) but other days - we did not have time to eat out, back to work, go home (still no power) change, feed the cat so no choice but to eat breakfast at the Hotel. Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marcian
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Even though I wasn't expecting anything flashy, this property is dumpy, even for La Quinta...

The room was really depressing. Carpet stained, cigarette burns on the furniture. Ugly bathroom. Poor work space, not enough plugs.

It was priced considerably lower than the surrounding hotels, but aIl I got was a bed and a shower.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2011

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in the area, this La Quinta is perfect. The front desk service is exceptionally friendly and rooms are OK for the price. My one complaint is with the Internet service, which is slow and cranky. As a business traveler who needs good Internet access for work, this was a major frustration. Otherwise, it's a pretty good deal.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus

Been to La Quinta Inn Paramus? Share your experiences!