“Very cute park for children”

Van Saun County Park / Bergen County Zoological Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Paramus
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The park has alot to offer, the train ride through the Zoo and the carousel are open until the winter. They have alot of walking trails and benches. Very nice place for a picnic. The only disappointing thing is they need to pick up after the ducks/geese more often.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

As a child, I went to plenty of parties and cookouts at Van Saun Park. A class trip at the end of the third grade is something I still haven't forgotten. My oldest children grew up going to Van Saun and now my youngest. We had her third birthday party at the park four years ago and it was a lot of fun. They've fixed everything up and added attractions. Go see the parakeets!! They land on your seed stick if you go when they're hungry. The carousel and pony ride are great for the little ones too! The modest admission is well worth keeping the park maintained.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've been going here since I was a little boy and it is always a treat. Great for little kids or to walk the dog or just take some time to get some fresh air.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took my kids there often many years ago and we loved it. I now take my grand kids and it is just the same nice place to go and spend a good part of the day. The train ride is so nice, and the zoo is just right. We bring lunch and enjoy a nice picnic in the park. A lovely day to spend with your family. All will enjoy this very nice place.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

A very nice little zoo, with rides that appeal to kids. The modest scale of this zoo makes it a very pleasant outing with young children. The train ride and pony rides are big pluses.