“Great Hotel and Great Staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I am a business traveler that has been staying at the Comfort Inn in Paramus for the last month and half. The hotel is great and I have never had a problem with the rooms. The staff is excellent as well and very accommodating. Edwin, Daisy and Michelle cater to my every request. Edwin even opened up my rewards account for me. I can't say enough about the service I receive and the cleanliness of their establishiment. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. It's pleasing to me to see that the staff has taken such great care of you.

As you may have seen while staying here, that we treat each guest like they're family and truly try to make you feel at home. From the looks of your review, I can see that the staff has done just that.

Once again, all my thanks for your comment. I will be sure to share this with my staff.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I stayed at your hotel for 5 nights and was so pleased with everything and everyone. Your staff is so friendly and go above and beyond for their guests. Such a convenient place to stay. So close to NYC. Everyone there is so welcoming and polite. Whatever my family needed, there was no hesitation. Our room was emaculate. No complaints at all. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. Thank you to all the staff there.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Due to a family emergency, my family and I had to come to New Jersey. We stayed at here, after speaking to there sales person, John. He treated us like family, and because of him and his kindness, we chose to stay here. When we got to the hotel, we were greeted by a man named Edwin. Althought the front desk was very busy, he kept everything under control and never lost the smile on his face. We were given our room key and went to our room. The microwave and refrigerator in our room made things very easy for us. Since we were going to have some very late nights ahead of us, knowing we could still have a snack made us feel at ease.

Our beds were very comfortable, and almost made me want to stay in bed, but due to our circumstances, this was not possible. What a shame. We were quite comfyand even joked with each other that this must be where the name of the hotel came from, since the beds were so comfortable!

When we were told that breakfast was available from 6:30-9:30, we expected coffee and maybe some danish. What we got was eggs, bacon, fresh waffles, cereal, bagels, coffee, tea, fresh fruit, and I'm sure I'm still missing things.

The housekeeping staff was amazing, and asking for extra towels was never a problem.

In the morning, we were greeted by a young woman at the front desk. She was lovely and always asked how we were doing, and how everything was going at the hotel.
There is so much more I could write, and I hope I haven't forgotten anyone or anything. I apologize if I have. Our stay here was really great, and if I ever have business again in New Jersey, you can bet that I will be staying here.
In closing, I would just like to give special thanks to the general manager at the hotel. He has a wonderful staff and should be very proud of each and everyone of them for going the extra mile for us. Because of him and his staff, our emergency situation was eased, and we are extremely grateful. Thank you all so much!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review about us on Tripadvisor. I can see from the looks of it, that your family had quite a situation. I hope that this situation is better now.

I'd like to thank you for the kind words about our staff. My staff goes above and beyond the call of duty everyday to make sure our guests are satisfied and well taken care of. You would be right in your comment about being proud of them. I am very proud to have the team that I do and am very thankful for each and everyone of them.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the room so much and I found your comment about the beds "being so comfortable, that must be where they got the name from," very funny. Our Sealy Plush mattresses on luxury raised beds are designed to do just that, give you an amazing night's sleep. That's actually not the first time we've heard or read a comment like that. Most guests have said that they've gotten there best night sleep in awhile, while staying here.

I'd also like to thank you for the comments that you made for our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet as well as our housekeeping staff. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with them personally.

Once again, I truly hope that your situation has eased itself and that all is ok. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how you feel. I, as well as the rest of my staff, truly thank you so much for your kind words and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed in the hotel 3 nights and we were a little disappointed. We read all the good reviews and hopping it will change our past experience with choice hotels. The hotel is well placed, a very good location for shopping or visiting New York. Breakfast was ok but when we tried to eat the pancakes we found they were old and hardened. The room was small but well equipped and probably recently renovated. There was strange smell in the room all the time and the A/C wasn’t able to take it out. The biggest and scariest problem was the fact that my wife wake up in the second morning with 3 bits on her neck. We didn’t see any bug or what sort of bug did it but it wasn’t pleasant and made our stay uncomfortable. I don’t think we will take the risk and stay again in this hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mont2009
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Let me first start off by apologizing to you once again for any and all situations you and your loved ones encountered while at our hotel. I do remember your situation personally and let me assure you again, like I did when you and I spoke, that these situations have been handled immediately.

In response to the bug bites, I want you to know, that immediately after you and I spoke, I got on the phone and called Erlich, our pest control company to come and inspect the room. They, as well as my head engineer and Director of Housekeeping went into the room and inspected it from top to bottom. After 45 minutes and $375 dollars later for the service call, nothing showed up. There were no traces of anything in the room. We are currently a top ranked Comfort Inn and Suites for overall cleanliness and guest satisfaction, so as you can see, we take our cleanliness seriously. As I had mentioned to you in our conversation, perhaps it was an allergic reaction to the bed sheets, or possibly the soap and detergent we use to clean our sheets and bedding.

As for the pancakes, they have been replaced. I do apologize again for them not being to your liking. Our hotel's breakfast is #1 in the area, and I assure you, that this is not an issue anymore.

You mentioned about a smell in the room. Myself, as well as my staff knew nothing about this. Please rest assured that if I or any of my staff had known, we would have done whatever we could to make that not an issue.

I truly hope that this makes you feel better. I want you to know that guest satisfaction is our #1 priority and we strive everyday to make sure our guests feel satisfied.

If there is anything I or my staff can do to assist you in the future, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I picked this hotel at the last minute - I needed just a place to sleep while traveling.

All I can say is that upon entering my room, the first thing my 4 year old said was "eww" and then she covered her nose and mouth. I told her that it smelled fine and I sprayed some of my perfume but in reality the room did smell.

Maybe it was because we arrived late at night but there were 5 or so people lounging around in the lobby. And then there were some sketchy people on the computers in the lobby. It didn't feel professional to me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. Im really sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience at our property. If you had an issue with anything with your room, we encourage guests to let us know immediately so we can fix the wrong whether it be a smell or something on property that is making you uncomfortable. Our staff takes great pride to make sure that our guests have a great and comfortable experience when staying with us which is what makes us number 1 on Tripadvisor. Our property is a corporate and family oriented environment and hope you will return!

Thank You.

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Everything was perfect. Very clean, breakfast was excellent . The beds were very confortable.

Will stay there in the future

Reviewed July 5, 2010

We had 26 in our group and the help we received pre-booking was extremely awesome. But the help from John the manager prior and during our stay was overwhelming; the kindness from him and his staff truly was amazing. The hotel was very clean and the friendly staff made our stay even more welcoming. Their breakfast was amazing; they even opened up their breakfast early for our group, to make sure we had a good breakfast before departing on a 13 hour trip home. I would recommend this hotel to all, thank you to all the staff for making our experience smooth and unforgettable.

• Stayed: July 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
Crowne Plaza - Saddle Brook
#2 of 3 in Saddle Brook

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!