“A little treasure in the midst of New Jersey”

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
North Miami Beach, Florida
“A little treasure in the midst of New Jersey”
Reviewed February 10, 2007

My husband and I were happily surprised to find this place with all the amenities we needed and more, free internet service,
buffet breakfast included, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere.
A special mention to Crystal who took my reservation over the telephone and Edwin at the front desk who did everything to make our stay comfortable with a smile on his face.
Cleanliness, comfort and family oriented atmosphere at its best.
Thanks guys! We had a great time.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank Riverbaroness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Maryland
Reviewed November 30, 2006

I booked a 3 day stay for my husband and he was very pleased with the hotel, his room, the service and the included breakfast. (He was especially impressed with the breakfast which he said was far more than any continental breakfast he has seen.) The in room wireless internet connection was also a big plus for him.

Other family members were staying at a nearby hotel (LaQuinta) and their hotel or room didn't have the amenities the Comfort Inn had. I think we got lucky finding such a nice, clean, safe, modern hotel-- spur of the moment, site unseen and without knowing the area.

I also want to mention that the person I made reservations with was friendly and helpful in arranging early check in. We'll be in the area 2 more times in the near future and we'll be staying at the Comfort Inn Paramus. There's no need to shop around.

Stayed November 2006
5 Thank JavaGo
Utah
Reviewed September 29, 2006

I stayed here for 9 nights, and didn't realize that I had something in my bed biting me until the last night. I woke up several nights itching, but did not see anything, so I assumed it was maybe an allergy to the laundry detergent they washed the bedding in. The last night I was itching so bad, I got up and turned on the bathroom light. I had red bites all over my legs. I told the front desk in the morning, but they acted like I was making it up since I was just now bringing it up to them. They refused to lower my bill, and I told them I would never stay there again. They didn't really care. I received an email survey from the corporate office and reported the incident to them. Didn't hear any more from them, so I guess they don't care either. I will be in this area again and will try the Marriot Saddle Brook, I hear it is very nice (and clean). I also had a problem with someone on my hall smoking, I told the front desk, they sprayed air freshener.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank daisyf01
Comfortinnparamusgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, October 11, 2006
The Guest that stayed 9 nights complaining about "being bitten" only had issues when they realized that his company was not picking up all the room nights on the bill, and then wanted reduced rates. He was upset when we charged his credit card for payment. In every business, one has customers trying to get the best of them.

As a safety pre-caution, after the guest checked out, we brought our pest control company in (Orkin) to inspect the mentioned room, and of course, nothing was found. What the guest did not realize was our property is the only hotel in the market to wrap our beds in poly-propylene coverings which are impenetrable to not only bed bugs, but also dust mites, and other bed related pests. Our goal is to focus on cleanliness and customer service, and to provide our guests the best value in the market. If you have any concerns please feel free to email me.

Sean Charnow
Reviewed February 26, 2006

I recently stayed several nights at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised with the renovations here.

Good points: very clean, climate control, free reliable internet access, comfortable bed, great rate, nice sized new TV's, microwave and mini fridge, with close proximity to the strip on 17 and access to Route 4. Jacuzzi tub rooms were available, and this was a nice feature as well.

Great points: the front desk staff. Friendly, helpful, and remember their guests! Customer service here was better than many other larger, (and much more expensive) chain hotels I've stayed at over time in the area.

Not so good points: only one: the housekeeping supervisor. The housekeeping staff was wonderful, but this woman was more than rude after finding out I had been given a late check out on my day of departure.

All in all, a surprisingly nice and pleasant stay overall. I'd stay again here, absolutely.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
philadelphia
Reviewed January 9, 2006

I stayed at this hotel for several nights in January of 2006. The room, although not large, was modern, clean, and very nicely decorated.

This hotel definitely caters to smokers though, so if you don't smoke and have a problem with tobacco smoke, consider that... My room was on a non-smoking floor, and there was a brutally strong smell of cigar smoke coming from the bathroom ventilation duct the entire time I was there, and my fabric luggage now has the faint smell of it. The hallway smelled like cigar smoke at times too, although it wasn't quite as strong.

I was surprised to see that this hotel also includes ashtrays in the non-smoking rooms, unlike most other hotels. (Most hotels only include ashtrays in their smoking rooms, so as not to promote smoking in the smoke-free designated rooms that some people might require for health reasons, or because the odor of stale smoke bothers them.) As far as I'm concerned, routinely including ashtrays in non-smoking rooms essentially is like saying that the hotel management condones smoking in non-smoking rooms, even when a smoking guest originally might not have intended to smoke in the smoke-free room.

When I asked about it, I was told that the hotel owners often tell smokers to feel free to smoke in the non-smoking rooms if the smoking rooms are occupied, and that it was the hotel owners' decision to include ashtrays in the non-smoking sections for the convenience of smoking guests. As a healthcare professional, I don't find those decisions on the part of hotel management very admirable, nor do I think that they show consideration for those who may have a health problem that requires them to avoid smoke, or for those who may be bothered by the smell of stale smoke. The hotel should at least try to keep SOME rooms smoke free.

I had to downgrade the hotel's rating because of this unusual and unfortunate philosophy of the hotel's management, otherwise this would have been a pretty good hotel. I didn't have time to try the complimentary breakfast, so I can't comment on that. The free in-room high speed internet was a bonus, and worked well. The television was a nice 27" flat screen Philips, with plenty of cable stations to choose from. Local phone calls were free. The only other negative was that half the rooms are within 30 to 40 yards of a very busy highway, so if you get one of those rooms, you'll probably hear traffic and truck noise. If you're a light sleeper, bring a pair of cheap foam earplugs and you won't hear a thing.

I probably won't stay here again due to the smoking policy, but I'd have been pleased as punch if I smoked! (smile)

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank midnightblues
Comfortinnparamusgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, October 13, 2006
The Comfort Inn & Suites is a brand new property, and we would of course NOT want to ruin rooms that we spent over 4 million dollars putting together (allowing smoking in our non-smoking rooms). The reviewer who claims that we advocate smoking in non-smoking rooms is absurd!

The hotel does offer smoking and non-smoking rooms, however we have a $300 fine posted in ALL non-smoking rooms should a guests smoke in a non-smoking room. We take this very seriously!!!

Guests are also forced to sign a waiver at check-in acknowledging the $300 fine rule. Each day, our staff inspects all our rooms and writes up a report should we find smoking to have taken place in a non-smoking room.

It really seems like this review was written by a competitive hotel! I assure you that the hotel is predominately a NON-SMOKING facility.

Reviewed December 23, 2005

Booked this hotel from a friends advise in the area. Live in Florida come to visit the my mom and dad. Staff went to get me Chicken Soup when I had a cold and could not leave the room! Rooms have beautiful new furniture. I was very comfortable with all the channels I had to watch..so many HBO's and movie stations, made my cold go quicker.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2005

Stayed at this hotel and LOVED IT! All the rooms are brand new. New wallpaper, new decor, new lobby, everything. Nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed. Staff was so friendly, they helped with my bags and very reasonably priced for the area. Better than Marriott and Holiday Inn's. Would come back!

• Stayed December 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!