“Very nice motel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My big beef with motels in this chain is often the ventilation - rather the lack of it - especially in motels where the windows are sealed up - and I understand that it is no longer permitted to build new hotels with windows that won't open, and that is a very good thing. The windows are sealed up here, BUT for a change this place has an excellent ventilation system - very quiet and with a steady on - "constant fan" - option so that it doesn't bang on and off all night like the bad ones do, and it doesn't rattle either. They should make a law that all of them need this same ventilation system (Amana brand). That would make this hotel chain a lot more appealing. Besides this there was a good fast wireless internet connection and no problems whatsoever. Good place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bensonarizona

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I never like writing negative reviews. But since I rely so heavily on Trip Advisor for all my travel (business and pleasure) planning, I felt it is necessary to write this. I selected this hotel for a one night stay, while on business, in the Bergen County area. I arrived at 2 pm. I know that check in at at 3, but I hoped that possibly my room was ready, being that I had a meeting later that night. I parked my car, the lot is OK at best. I walked in, and to the left was the check-in desk.

I stood there for a little over a minute, before some one said anything to me. As I stood at the counter, waiting, I was directly in front of two young women. One seemed to work at the desk and the other looked as though she worked in housekeeping. They did not look up or say hello to me. They continued their conversation, in Spanish, while I stood there waiting. Needless to say this already set off a red light in my mind.

Once, I was finally acknowledged, the woman who works at the desk just looked at me...didn't ask how she can help. Not very courteous at all. I said that I was checking in. She punched some keys, and then turned to the girl next to her and asked if Rm 228 was ready. The other woman, got up, slowly, and said that she would check. ....and I stood there....again....no one is talking to me....the girl at the front desk didnt say anything as to what was going to happen next or even small talk. She sat there and stared at the computer screen, playing with her hair. I was floored by this...and as more time passes, I begin thinking this is not a good place to stay.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I said, "Ya know what? I will just come back in a couple hours."

"OK," she said....and that was all. With that I left. I figured I would kill some time, and I stopped at the mall for a quick bite to eat. All the while I have a very poor taste for this hotel in my mouth, and I am seriously considering my options. Upon leaving the mall and heading back to the hotel, I passed by another hotel, hoping they had a room for me. Luckily they DID! As soon as I got into my room, I cancelled my reservation at the Comfort Inn.

I will NEVER book a room there again. It's unfortunate because I travel for about 75% of the year and my territory is NJ. I seriously think that management needs to have a meeting with their staff to go over the importance of customer service. It is so crucial, especially when you are on the road, it's nice to have a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Mandi C
rewldrgroup, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear MBD233,
I read your review and I am just speechless. Our property is all about customer service and providing the best possible stay for our guests, and that certainly begins at the time you make your reservation to the check in process to your stay, to checkout. I sincerely apologize for the treatment you received while checking in at the hotel. My staff has explained to me the circumstances behind your check in (hotel was full and they were making sure your room was ready), but any excuse is unacceptable. I really hope you try our property again if your in the area and I can assure you that the experience will be a positive one as many guests on TripAdvisor have found, making us the top hotel in the market. Please feel free to call me.

Sean Charnow

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We are a family of six (4 children ages 12-19) from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. We stayed at the Paramus Comfort Inn from Aug. 24th -Aug. 29th/2012. I can't say enough about this place. The front staff were more than accomadating. Lovely people. The rooms themselves were very clean and the beds were comfy. The breakfast room and lobby areas were also very clean. There seemed to be someone cleaning the public areas all the time. The Hot Buffet Breakfast was great with options for everyone. Choices included eggs, sausages, bacon, fruit salad, and of course waffles with whip cream. The usual fare of yogurts, toast/bagels, and beverages were also on hand.
  If you don't want to drag your computer along there are 2 available for your use in the breakfast area. Wi-fi is free at the hotel as well.
  The location was perfect for traveling to NYC for the day. We would drive 20 minutes  to Hoboken to catch the Path train. We parked in a parkade close to the station for $20 for the day. The trains last stop is 33rd  st. which is around the corner from the Empire State Building.The train takes about 7 minutes.
There are plenty of places to eat in the area. The Red Lobster is right next door and a have a terrific take out menu. Also you can drive 10 minutes to Hackensack where there is a Cheesecake Factory as well as P.F. Changs.
There is plenty of shopping within 5 minutes of the hotel. The massive Garden State Plaza, Bergen Mall  with a huge Century 21, and the Paramus Mall. Also down the street is The Christmas Tree Store and Ikea.
  The hotel parking lot can be tricky to get into but if you drive like a local and be aggressive you'll be fine. We had no problem. I do recommend that you have a GPS as it can be easy to get yourself turned around.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you don't want to stay in the city and don't want to pay an exorbitant price for a room. Fantastic Stay!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank KSid1963
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while my daughter and her softball team played for the Junior Little League State Championship. Everything was perfect. Rooms were nice and clean
and the breakfast was good. Wished we could have stayed the next night, however they didn't have any rooms that would accommodate 4 adults.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bluemoon417
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I Love this hotel
The location is perfect for a trip to Newyork. The front desk employee was very nice and helpful.

We were given a handcap room but we ask the front desk to change it.We had no problem.

The room was spotless except for the carpet which was a little worn. But you would expect that since this hotel is freqently visisted. The breakfast was pretty good to be free. Overall I had a very wonderful stay and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends staying in that area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I Love this hotel! The location is perfect for a trip to Newyork. The Red Lobster that's located right next door is also a plus. The front desk employee was very nice and helpful. The room was spotless except for the carpet which was a liitle worn. But you would expect that since this hotel is freqently visisted. I can't say anything about the excersise room cause we never made it there.
The breakfast was pretty good to be free, I expected a lot worse. Overall I had a very wonderful stay and I will recommend this hotel to all my friends staying in that area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cashmeregreen21215
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We frequently stay here as it close to family we need to visit. Rooms are clean and breakfast is basic, but good. It can be booked up, so call ahead. Also, rooms that are billed as having a whirlpool have the whirlpool in the middle of the room, so this is a good thing to note!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TheDCmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!