“Booked 1 Night Stayed 2 Weeks” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
United Kingdom
“Booked 1 Night Stayed 2 Weeks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2007

We really just wanted somewher to stay outside New York before moving on. We booked in for 1 night then stayed a further 3 nights.

Really we were just chilling out for 2 weeks and decided just to stay put exactly where we were. We booked a room on the 1st floor a mini style suite. Can't remember just how much we paid. Seach the net for a good deal 1st. then beat them at their own game.

Barter with them saying well its cheaper on such and such a site. we did this 3 times out the 2 weeks we stayed there. they matched and beat the price. The hotel is lovely, superb comfy beds very high up no tatty furnishings, bathroom a bit small though. the satellite tv is good loads of channels (Think you call it cable tv over there).

Great hot food in a morning pancakes you bake yourself, sweet buns yuk, you americans have some strange ideas in a morning. Cerals, omlettes, tea coffee. porridge. something for everyone. seating a bit limited. internet access in the room fast speed free of charge, also 2 pc.s in the lounge dining area all day and night free access.

Again like previous comments had some bad experiences with Comfort inns. This COMFORTINN I WOULD GIVE 5 Stars. it takes a lot to please me.

Geting to new york was a doddle
put in the sat nav the NJ transit bus station at north bergen about 15 minute drive from hotel. left the car there cost $8 all day this included a return ticket to new york now that has got to be a bargain. took 15 mins on the bus dropped right off into 42nd street bus station, came back as late as 12 o clock on my own and drove back to the hotel. did not feel threatened at all. loads of people milling about, bus was full and straight into my car and back to the hotel.

so if your looking for a good location, reasonably cheap, good hotel, friendly staff. this is the one for you.

Mark Dunn from the u.k.

• Liked — the beds and cleanliness of the whole place
  • Disliked — everything was perfect
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark.dUnitedKingdom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2007

This is a good choice. At first when I saw it was a Comfort Inn I was worried, as I have had some miserabe exeriences at Comfot Inns. This was the exact opposite. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The carpets in the rooms are not the best looking, but that is because the color they picked was too light for the foot traffic. The place was clean overall and I am a very picky traveler when it comes to cleanliness.

They offer free breakfast and there are hot options. Not gourmet food at all, but free.

We were going up to NY to visit family and had to stay the night so we did not have a lot of options based in location. I would stay at this place again the next time we go there!

• Liked — It was clean.
  • Disliked — The parking.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Michael M
montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Paramus for one night in August. I was sharing a room with two queens with 3 other people and we did not feel cramped at all, the room was spacious and comfortable. The bed and pillows were FANTASTIC! One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on, and all of the linen smelled clean, which is always nice!!! The hotel provides a free complimentary breakfast which was pretty good...the usual bread, cereal, eggs, bacon, homefries and they have a special do-it-yourself waffle maker which makes delicious fluffy waffles and they even provide you with strawberry topping and whipped cream yum!!!
There is a Red Lobster attached to the hotel.
There is a public computer in the lobby for the guests to use which is also nice.
Service was good, location is good as you are close to Jersey Gardens Mall, not far from NYC and a short drive to the Woodbury Commons Outlets.
All in all I am very satisfied with this hotel, and am planning to return!

• Liked — the comfy beds
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank aucho53
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2007

A surprisingly nice property on a nondescript section of Route 17. You can easily drive by the place without noticing it.
There are no "grounds" to speak of - the place is surrounded by the parking lot, nevertheless the interior is very nicely decorated with large, quiet, comfortable rooms.
No problem with our non smoking room. Not a hint that it was ever used by a smoker. (my wife is super sensitive to this!)
As others have stated, the breakfast was more than you would expect from a Comfort Inn.
Overall a good experience. It is always nice to get more than you expect. I'd happily stay here again!

• Liked — Convenient location for overnight stay on our trip, Very nice room.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diegodreamer
North Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2007

My husband and I were happily surprised to find this place with all the amenities we needed and more, free internet service,
buffet breakfast included, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere.
A special mention to Crystal who took my reservation over the telephone and Edwin at the front desk who did everything to make our stay comfortable with a smile on his face.
Cleanliness, comfort and family oriented atmosphere at its best.
Thanks guys! We had a great time.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank Riverbaroness
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2006

I booked a 3 day stay for my husband and he was very pleased with the hotel, his room, the service and the included breakfast. (He was especially impressed with the breakfast which he said was far more than any continental breakfast he has seen.) The in room wireless internet connection was also a big plus for him.

Other family members were staying at a nearby hotel (LaQuinta) and their hotel or room didn't have the amenities the Comfort Inn had. I think we got lucky finding such a nice, clean, safe, modern hotel-- spur of the moment, site unseen and without knowing the area.

I also want to mention that the person I made reservations with was friendly and helpful in arranging early check in. We'll be in the area 2 more times in the near future and we'll be staying at the Comfort Inn Paramus. There's no need to shop around.

Stayed November 2006
5 Thank JavaGo
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2006

I stayed here for 9 nights, and didn't realize that I had something in my bed biting me until the last night. I woke up several nights itching, but did not see anything, so I assumed it was maybe an allergy to the laundry detergent they washed the bedding in. The last night I was itching so bad, I got up and turned on the bathroom light. I had red bites all over my legs. I told the front desk in the morning, but they acted like I was making it up since I was just now bringing it up to them. They refused to lower my bill, and I told them I would never stay there again. They didn't really care. I received an email survey from the corporate office and reported the incident to them. Didn't hear any more from them, so I guess they don't care either. I will be in this area again and will try the Marriot Saddle Brook, I hear it is very nice (and clean). I also had a problem with someone on my hall smoking, I told the front desk, they sprayed air freshener.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank daisyf01
Comfortinnparamusgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus, responded to this review, October 11, 2006
The Guest that stayed 9 nights complaining about "being bitten" only had issues when they realized that his company was not picking up all the room nights on the bill, and then wanted reduced rates. He was upset when we charged his credit card for payment. In every business, one has customers trying to get the best of them.

As a safety pre-caution, after the guest checked out, we brought our pest control company in (Orkin) to inspect the mentioned room, and of course, nothing was found. What the guest did not realize was our property is the only hotel in the market to wrap our beds in poly-propylene coverings which are impenetrable to not only bed bugs, but also dust mites, and other bed related pests. Our goal is to focus on cleanliness and customer service, and to provide our guests the best value in the market. If you have any concerns please feel free to email me.

Sean Charnow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paramus
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Newark Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Edgewater - NYC Area
Holiday Inn Express Paramus
BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus? Share your experiences!