“#1 Burger place in Bergen County”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #14 of 140 Restaurants in Paramus
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
New Jersey
“#1 Burger place in Bergen County”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Shake Shack is a fast-food casual restaurant chain, which started out as a food cart inside Madison Square Park, NYC around 2000-2004. I had heard about the growing reputation of the Shake Shack. I always wanted to visit. I first visited Shake Shack for dinner located in the heart of Battery Park City, Brooklyn earlier this year. I was quite pleased with their single shack burger and shakes.

I learned they opened in nearby Paramus, on the southbound side of Route 17 just north of Midland Ave. I have recently visited here several times for lunch and dinner and was always satisfied with the service and quality of the food.

I usually order their regular single shack burger for $4.75. This is one of the few places where I can order my burger rare and I love it rare. If hungry I will also order their hand-cut fries and if I am really decadent their famous shakes for $5.00. I prefer their caramel shake the best.

While I am eating they almost always ask if I am satisfied with my food. I think this is the best burger place in Bergen County.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Tony J

• Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WORST BURBER & FRIES IVE EATEN”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Would not recommend this place at all. The burger was horrible and greasy. The French Fries were also horrible and greasy. Not worth the trip or the money!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank malonso66
Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
“Nice Place for lunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I went to Shake Shack to see what everyone was raving about in New York City and the meal I had I really enjoyed but it was not worth any hype. It is a hamburger, French fries and a concrete, a thick type of sundae. I had the single Shack burger, fries and the Bergen County Concrete and they were all good. Maybe the original in Madison Square Park does something different that garners all the lines but I thought the food was good and the burger tasty but it was nothing that I had not seen already at Smashburger or Five Guys, all three are over priced. Overall, it is good to try once but if you are after a better burger, try Suburban or Park Diner and you get a better burger for a lower price.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Yum ... Yum ... Yum”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My mouth is watering just thinking about this place. It is refreshing to have food that not only tastes amazing, but is of a good quality. They use farm fresh local ingredients and recyclable packaging which makes the purchase even more great. Heck the place is even built from materials reclaimed from a local NJ barn. This place provides classic, well made American comfort foods. Burgers, dogs and fries are great, but the best thing I had at this place wasn't even meat ... the "veggie" burger title does not do it justice. The only non meat option is a Portabello mushroom stuffed with cheese on a burger bun. It is heavenly. Add to that some fries and a salted caramel custard (aka milk shake) and you have a lip smacking meal for less than $15...a rare find in the NYC metro area. The atmosphere is casual, but modern. Well done, but not too fancy. The lines can be long, but they move people through quickly and you don't wait that long for your food to be ready. A definite recommend and must visit anywhere you can find one of the locations.

• Visited June 2014
Midland Park, New Jersey
“Good burger...”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This is the closest to fact food I get. The shake shack burger is great with cheese, bacon and cherry peppers. The French fries are very good as well. I like their 50/50 lemonade and ice tea. You need to go at off hours cause it gets very busy.
For burgers they are a little pricey.
I would definitely return