“Great atmosphere & martinis”
Review of Mantra

Mantra
Reserve with OpenTable
Mantra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 140 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: French, Indian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mantra Restaurant is a premier destination spot for modern Indian cuisine. We cater to pallets of individuals who are accustomed to Indian cuisine as well as those who want to indulge and enjoy the nuevo, rich and exciting flavors that Indian food has to offer. The relaxed lounge atmosphere is a perfect venue to meet socially or professionally. The dining area offers the ideal setting to enjoy meals with friends and family. We take pride in preparing food with the highest quality ingredients and our chefs turn out delicious and suckling choices. Dining out at Mantra offers a true fine dining experience for everyone. Besides our premier location in Paramus, we now have a second location open in downtown Jersey City (Exchange Place). Come visit and devour the excellence and judge for yourself. This is our “Mantra”.
New Jersey
“Great atmosphere & martinis”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

First off, have one of their specialty martinis. From what I can tell, they are ALL really good. Expensive, but good.

Besides my most recent visit for a girl's night dinner, I have been to Mantra several times with my husband for a date night. In the land of chain restaurant after chain restaurant that is Paramus, NJ, the atmosphere in Mantra is very soothing and romantic. I love the candle lit tables. Upon being seated we were brought a complimentary appetizer to try each time. I love this as it gives you the chance to try something you might not have ordered otherwise.

The Naan basket is to die for and there is plenty so you can take some home as well. I have never not liked an entree I ordered, but the shrimp curry is my favorite. The bananas flambe is really great too.

Services is not rushed and reservations are recommended. I will continue to recommend this place and patronize it myself. Very tasty and you don't leave feeling weighed down with food.

• Visited December 2011

New Jersey
“Interesting twist on the usual Indian fare. Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Everything about this place put a smile on our faces. From the friendly and helpful wait staff, to the atmosphere, to the food selections. Everything was top notch. We especially enjoyed having bananas flambe made table side for dessert. Our server walked us through each step of the process making it more interesting. The food had a good kick to it. All in all I would recommend trying this place if you're a fan of Indian food.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank TaleofGenji
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Food good, but don't use a groupon”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I bought a groupon for this restaurant. That's what encouraged me to try it. The food was tasty and atmosphere quite nice. We were disappointed that our $20 shrimp curry had only 5 small shrimp and was swimming in sauce but our other dishes were quite satisfactory. However, when we submitted our groupon, they pointed out that it had expired Jan 11 and today was Jan. 14. I bought it in the fall (most groupons are good for a year) and had it in my head that it expired at the end of January. Yes my mistake but for 3 days, I asked if they would honor it anyway and was refused. Bad for business as I won't return and won't recommend to friends. I ended up paying an extra $25, on top of the regular $97 bill. It was certainly not worth it.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Janet179
Northern New Jersey
“Buffet allows a 'taste' of India”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Went with friends as part of an Indian experience for their lunch buffet. One of us is from india and planned the lunch.. the buffet was excellent.. we got to try all different things from chicken tandoori to dal..for those of us that were new to Indian food it was a great way to experience this cuisine.. our Indian 'guide' felt that the buffet was quite good. I would recommend it and would go again.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank chocolattez
New Jersey
“Interesting food, but very slow.”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We went on a Tuesday night at 9pm with a reservation and still didn't get seated till 9:30. The menu choices were very appealing, and the food was very good, but it was slow in delivery. We didn't leave until nearly 11pm.

• Visited October 2011