“Sushi where you may not look for it”
Review of KIKU Restaurant

KIKU Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 140 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Sushi where you may not look for it”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

So, ... I'm the first to complain when restaurants screw up, so I think it's important to compliment them when they excel. Kiku on Rt. 17 (southbound) in Paramus, NJ is outstanding. I sat at the sushi bar and there was a level of personal attention beyond what I am accustomed to. But the fish, ... that’s what this is all about, right? The fish is excellent. As most sushi enthusiasts know, the “cut” has to be just right to be enjoyable – not too big, not too thick, not too thin and not too small. This restaurant has it perfect. They are attentive, the fish is as fresh as you could ask for, and the atmosphere is exceptionally friendly. I’m from out of town, and I’d go here (in fact I WILL go here) any time I’m in the area. If you're in the area, GO THERE! It's a tremendous experience!

3 Thank Ortster

• Korean first
Paramus, New Jersey
“Yummy”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Great food, the hibatchi is awesome and these guys really know how to make a show. WOW. It is much better in its new location. The old one you always left smelling like Hibatchi. Try the friend rice & a Saki Cocktail!

Paramus, NJ
“Pricing doesn't match the extreme mediocrity in the food.”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

If you've eaten sushi...then you know that not all sushi tastes the same. You can immediately tell in taste if it's fresh, good, flavorful. I'm not a sushi chef so I have no idea what the 'good' sushi places do but I just know what my taste buds tell me.

I went to Kiku on a Friday night and oddly it was almost empty. There were plenty of available hibachi tables on a Friday night? We got there at 9pm thinking it's going to be busy as heck, but not at all. Maybe it was just a slow weekend.

The sushi comes and it has a serious lack of taste. We both knew we wouldn't be coming back as soon as we tasted it. Not so much because of the taste (I mean it was edible) but more so because the pricing doesn't match the extreme mediocrity.

I don't know what they do with the regular soy sauce but it was wayyyy to salty. I have never complained about soy sauce before, but maybe it was just sitting for too long ...you know what..I don't know. It was just the saltiest soy sauce ever.

Won't be going back again. There's a place on Broadway/Rt 4E called Empire Hunan that serves MUCH BETTER SUSHI.

3 Thank sazzy900
Paramus
“Best Sushi in Nj and Fun Hibachi”
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Went during business luncheon with co worker and ordered their lunch specials. Large portions with low prices and excellent food. Went back several times, and consistently excellent. Service was a little slow, but sushi was very fresshhh. Took my family for hibachi, and my little one loved the shows. Now, it is my regular restaurant.

Allendale, New Jersey
“ABSOLUTELY THE WORST SERVICE EVER!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Went to KIKU for our 28th wedding anniversay. Reminded the waiter twice that we didn't get our drinks or water. I was NEVER SERVED MY FOOD, SUSHI, UNTIL THE REST OF THE TABLE HAD THEIR HIBACHI DINNERS COOKED AND FINISHED EATING!! When I asked the waiter about my dinner and mentioned that everyone else was finished, he responded "WHATEVER." WHATEVER you do, don't let these amateurs ruin your special occassion. THEY NEVER EVEN OFFERED US DESERT!!

4 Thank rrsh