“I am a retired chef and restauranteur WOW perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El CID Restaurant

El CID Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Paramus
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“I am a retired chef and restauranteur WOW perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is rare that you go to a restaurant and you have a near perfect experience. I was pleasantly and really surprised. The is a jewel of the restaurant world.
El CID is a real find. We would drive by the place each night and the parking lot was always full. So instead of wondering why all the time we went on a sat night. No reservations accepted on fri or sat ,first come first serve. Also they will not seat you unless your all there. IT'S WORTH ALL THAT yes it is. The steaks and lobsters are huge, I'm talking dinosaur huge and cooked perfectly. It is a Spanish restaurant though and the Spanish selection spot on and my brothers wife is Spanish and she wanted to come back after she finished her meal. The Paella,fabulous, cooked perfect. And I will say this over and over for every dish , seafood, chicken, sausage, meat ALL cooked perfect. The 6 of us had a wonderful evening, a rare and fleeting event at a restaurant but El CID delivered, all of us agreed. I will be going back.

• Visited December 2012

• Korean first
New City, New York
“Great Spanish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We've been going to el Cid for several years now. The food is always impressive. The seafood is delicious and the portions are huge. We always take left overs home. We love this restaurant!!

• Visited October 2012
Albany, New York
“Expensive but impressive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was a business dinner, probably good for a special occation too.HUGE portions (so large, its intended to be impressive and they succeed). Had a great steak and their sangria was pretty decent too.

Servers are known for being a bit snappy, but its part of the scene.

Dont expect to get in and out in an hour, its an evening even - dont go if your in a rush.

• Visited December 2011
“No need to go into Newark”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

For years, my friends and I had been trekking in to the Ironbound section of Newark for Portuguese/Spanish food. Last night, we decided to forego the trip into Newark, and went to El Cid in Paramus. The food was excellent, the portions were generous and the service was awesome. We asked ourselves: "Why were we going through the hassle of finding parking and risking getting lost or getting our cars stolen for all these years when there is a great Spanish restaurant right in our own backyard?" Ok, the Sangria was kind of bland, but everything else was just perfect. We are coming back to El Cid from now on.

• Visited September 2012
Hackensack
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spanish food in class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went to El Cid's with my employer as a Holiday lunch...and I was hooked!! Now El Cid's is the romantic spot I go to with my lovely wife when we want some quality time.

Visited December 2011