“Great Spanish food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We've been going to el Cid for several years now. The food is always impressive. The seafood is delicious and the portions are huge. We always take left overs home. We love this restaurant!!

There are newer reviews for El CID Restaurant

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was a business dinner, probably good for a special occation too.HUGE portions (so large, its intended to be impressive and they succeed). Had a great steak and their sangria was pretty decent too.

Servers are known for being a bit snappy, but its part of the scene.

Dont expect to get in and out in an hour, its an evening even - dont go if your in a rush.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

For years, my friends and I had been trekking in to the Ironbound section of Newark for Portuguese/Spanish food. Last night, we decided to forego the trip into Newark, and went to El Cid in Paramus. The food was excellent, the portions were generous and the service was awesome. We asked ourselves: "Why were we going through the hassle of finding parking and risking getting lost or getting our cars stolen for all these years when there is a great Spanish restaurant right in our own backyard?" Ok, the Sangria was kind of bland, but everything else was just perfect. We are coming back to El Cid from now on.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Went to El Cid's with my employer as a Holiday lunch...and I was hooked!! Now El Cid's is the romantic spot I go to with my lovely wife when we want some quality time.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I always had this for a go to spot. We had been there a month before and got a lobster that wasn't the size ordered. We didn't say anything but were disturbed...this time my wife's Entree was very bland and she called over the manager(he knows us for years)....when she told him he smiled and walked away!! It was never addressed in any way. Recently when my wife suggested El Cid...I reminded her of the incident and she made a face and I guess we'll never go back. Too bad!! It was always a great place BEFORE??

2  Thank Ken R